TITLE: Somebody's Got Their Eye On Me
AUTHOR: Susan / apckrfan
E-MAIL
DISTRIBUTION: My site, AO3, FFnet, LJ.
DISCLAIMER: I don't own any characters. They are owned by JK Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Brothers, etc. No profit is made from this fic.
RATING: FRT
SPOILERS: Completely AU/divergent, but everything through Deathly Hallows is fair game
SUMMARY: Severus has set up a profitable and respectable private investigator business in muggle Chicago after getting out of wizarding Britain, taking Draco with him, upon hearing a rumour of a marriage law going into effect. Hermione has been working for the DMLE. She recently transferred to America when the offer to head a new American DMLE office came open for the Midwest, based out of Chicago, after adopting an orphan of the war because of an adoption request by the Ministry. A chance encounter between the two ends up so much more. There's a brief intersection of Harry Potter & The Breakfast Club if you squint (and are familiar with The Breakfast Club).
CHARACTERS/PAIRING:
DATE STARTED: February 2022
STATUS: Complete
WORD COUNT: 37,200 +/-
FEEDBACK: Please, I can't write better without it.
NOTES: While this is set at the same time as the events of 09/11/2001, and I do refer to them (because they happened and people's behavior would be affected) I do not focus on them. I promise it's not political or dark nor are the events covered extensively. They're not even mentioned specifically. This piece is truly fluff. The timing for this worked for the story I wanted to tell around Hermione's and Severus' chosen jobs, and didn't feel it was right to ignore those events completely.
NOTES 2: This is complete in 8 chapters. My posting schedule will remain Sunday & Wednesday. I will be on vacation 7/16-7/24. I will try to post the 2 Sundays and 1 Wednesday I am gone but I make no promises. I just want to assure you this is complete and will not be abandoned.
NOTES 3: There is a 42 song playlist on Spotify that goes with this story: Somebody's Got Their Eye On Me. It's incredibly more sappy than I intended, but it worked for the mood as I was writing this.
BETA: Sarmo. Any mistakes are mine and mine alone as I edited this after she looked through it.




Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8

Return to Top

Harry Potter Fandom Fan Fiction Index Page | Fan Fiction Index Page | Home
Send Feedback