TITLE: It Always Goes To Shit
AUTHOR: Susan / apckrfan
E-MAIL
DISTRIBUTION: My site, AO3, FFnet, LJ.
DISCLAIMER: I don't own any characters. They are owned by JK Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Brothers, Roderick Thorp, Jeb Stuart, Steven E. de Souza, FOX, etc. No profit is made from this fic.
RATING: FRM (for some F bombs but that's it in this one, no smut)
SPOILERS: All of Harry Potter and through Die Hard With A Vengeance of those films
SUMMARY: What if Hans Gruber and Severus Snape were twins? What if the events in Die Hard were in part an attempt to get Severus away from wizarding Britain before Voldemort’s seemingly imminent return? What if Severus had to deal with the potential of Voldemort’s return and teaching Harry Potter on top of mourning his brother’s death?
CHARACTERS/PAIRING: all franchise characters are fair game. I expect there to be some HG/SS worked into this, but nothing of any import until she's of age.
DATE STARTED: January 2022
STATUS: Complete
WORD COUNT: 38,800 +/-
FEEDBACK: Please, I can't write better without it.
NOTES: While some of this takes place during Hermione's Hogwarts years, I am not going to rehash every detail, I may not even rehash more than a few. I will touch on a few things that I feel are relevant for this story, but overall one can assume little is altered or changed from what we know except Hermione's knowledge of things others aren't aware of.
NOTES 2: This idea came to me around Christmas time when I watched Die Hard for the upteenth time. The idea of a connection between Hans and Severus was appealing. I at first tried to think of a way Hans was Severus and somehow magically survived the fall. I couldn't quite figure out a way to make that work (the authorities would certainly miss a body!) and then the idea of Hans and Severus being twins occurred to me. And then it wouldn't quite leave me alone, and even turned into a soulmate fic. Who knew!?
ALPHA: Many thanks to MizzAdamz for reading through this. I just wanted to be sure it didn't suck and made sense (in the far-fetched way that it could make sense). Any mistakes you see are mine and mine alone.

Full story in one document




Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11

Return to Top

Harry Potter Fandom Fan Fiction Index Page | Fan Fiction Index Page | Home
Send Feedback