Chapter Twenty-Nine

"Why is it you can't be in our bathroom and bedroom to get ready?" he asked with a frown.

"Because Ginny's going to help me. I'm not good at that girly stuff, Severus, and this is my first formal function as your wife. Hogwarts Headmaster's wife. I got the dress, now I need to complete the picture."

"They already know you!"

"Yes, as Hermione Granger, Harry Potter's best-friend. Talk about going from the frying pan into the fire. I go from being the brains of the Trio behind The Boy Who Lived to your wife who we happen to be the first documented example of soul bonded mates in seemingly forever."

"Are you panicking?"

"Maybe," she admitted.

"Hermione," he said, taking her into his arms. "You will be fine. If I did not think you could present the proper picture as my wife I wouldn't be bringing you."

"Well, I'm not sure that makes me feel any better. So if I do poorly you won't take me with you to the next one?"

"That's not how I meant it, my sweet. I have no doubts, that's what you should take from that. I know you will not fail to make me proud to be your bonded mate."

"Thank you," she said, kissing him.

"If you'd like me to ease some of that anxiety…"

"Ginny's going to be here in like twenty minutes."

"You were going to shower, yes?"

"Yes," she said.

"Well, get a move on then, Witch. We only have twenty minutes until Miss Weasley comes and Merlin knows we don't want to keep her waiting."

"Funny man," she said, but she hopped into the shower ensuring she made room for him. She knew he had just the cure for her anxiety and he absolutely helped soothe her in the most orgasmic way possible. There was something incredible about him thrusting into her while her back was against the tile wall and the hot water was raining down on them as he brought her over the edge. God she loved him, loved that despite being pressed for time he wanted to take the time to ensure she was calm and knew that he loved her.

They heard knocking on the door almost as soon as they finished toweling one another off. He was very thorough about that task as well.

"Sorry," Hermione said, blushing profusely as she opened the door to let Ginny in.

Ginny said nothing about the fact they both had wet hair or had obviously just gotten out of the shower when Hermione answered the door in her dressing gown.

"Hey," she said, eyes sparking mischievously. "I did have the right time, right?"

"You are right on time. We were running late."

"Looks like a fun way to run late," she said, waggling her eyebrows at Hermione with a wide smile.

"Miss Weasley," Severus said from their bedroom. "I thank you for assisting my wife, though I personally think she looks lovely the way she always is."

"No woman wants to go somewhere formal looking the way she always looks, Headmaster."

"I'm still trying to learn the ins and outs of the female persuasion so please forgive me."

"I'll get you trained in no time," Ginny said.

He nodded simply, closing the door then.

"Okay," Ginny said. "Lead the way."

Hermione led her to the room that was supposed to have been the nursery. The castle had never taken it away for some reason. The bassinette, dressing table, and other baby accessories that identified it as a nursery were gone, but the room remained. In its place was a place a witch would die to be able to get ready in. A vanity and wardrobe full of every accessory and product available.

"This is going to be fun."

"As long as I don't look like a trollop when you're done, Gin."

"Never! I want you to let me do this again so I'm going to make you look magnificent and bring your wizard to his knees."

"Well, he already …"

"Really now?" Ginny said. "Is that what that smile was for when you answered the door?"

"Well…"

"Hermione Snape!"

Both witches fell into a peal of laughter before they got down to business. Hermione knew that Severus would probably hate anyone having personal information about him, about them, but she hadn't really divulged anything crazily personal. They were married, surely he realized people would assume they had sex.

They chatted about Harry and Severus while Ginny worked her magic on Hermione. Ginny was kind of jealous that Hermione had seen Harry twice this week, but Hermione had assured her friend that they hadn't been social calls or she would have been included.

Finally, she was done. The gown she wore to the Yule Ball with Viktor had been pretty but very girly. She'd felt grown up, but now that she was dressed in one that left nothing to the imagination that she was no longer a girl she realized that gown had nothing on this one. She doubted her hair would stay in the style Ginny had fashioned it into for the entire night so she put some hair accessories into her bag just in case.

Severus stood when they came into the sitting room, eyes starting at where her feet would be if he could see them and drifting ever so slowly and familiarly to her head.

"One hundred points to Gryffindor, Miss Weasley, and my gratitude for making my wife look lovelier than she has the right to."

"Really?" she squealed beside Hermione as Severus walked to them.

He took Hermione's hand, grazing her soul mark with his thumb before he raised it to his lips for a kiss.

"Madam Snape, you are Outstandingly breathtaking," he said.

"I was aiming for pretty," she whispered.

"Leave it to you to exceed expectations even in this."

"Okay," Ginny said. "I'm going to head out. Have fun, kids. Remember to mind your manners and play nice with the others at the big kids table."

"Thank you, Ginny."

"Anytime, it's fun!"

He helped her into her dress cloak, which thankfully he hadn't batted an eyelash about her buying when she'd bought the two dresses. He offered her his arm then.

"Shall we?"

"Yes," Hermione said, hoping that the Gryffindor bravery she was known for would last the whole night.

He side apparated them to the Ministry where Hermione smoothed her hands along the side of her gown.

"Stop fidgeting," he whispered.

"I feel like I'm going to throw up," she admitted.

"You faced Bellatrix and the Dark Lord, I think you can handle some Ministry people."

"I had a job then, you know. Keep Harry alive."

"Well, think of your job now to ensure all those who see you can acknowledge that I'm not keeping you held captive in one of Hogwarts unused dungeons."

She looked sharply at him then, narrowing her eyes. "Do people really think that?"

"I'm sure there are some."

She sighed softly.

"So your job, Madam Snape, is to protect me and keep me safe from gossip."

She nodded simply. She could do this. She took a deep breath as he slid a finger along her jaw and cheek before grazing her lips lightly with his own.

"You look lovely, my sweet. It's a good thing our bond has already been accepted or I fear I would be, what is the phrase, beating the available wizards away with sticks."

She smirked then.

"You still may have to."

"Quite right," he acknowledged.

"You didn't tell me Draco's mother was going to be here," she whispered, gripping his arm instinctively. She hadn't worn anything to cover her arms today, she hadn't thought she'd need it. Would Narcissa Malfoy think she did it intentionally?

"Hmm, yes, evidently she bought her way onto the Board of Governors."

"Oh," she said, nibbling her lower lip.

"It's fine. Relax."

"It's just being nice to Draco was one thing, but his mother…"

"I understand, as will Narcissa, if you don't engage her in conversation."

"Thank you," she said with a nod. "You know, Draco made a comment when we were shopping for this gown that I sort of dismissed, but looking at everyone here tonight I'm grateful I chose this one."

"Why?" he asked with a slight scowl.

"He said that it settled any doubt that we married because I was pregnant."

"And you were alright with that topic of conversation mentioned so casually?"

She shrugged. "I told him that I in fact had been and he felt bad. He didn't know, and he was joking. I mean, I realize more than a few probably thought that was the reason."

"Or it could be the fact that I nearly died and realized life's too short to deny myself the chance at happiness the Fates evidently saw fit to present to me."

"That, too," she said, kissing his cheek.

"He's not wrong, though," he added.

"Oh? You pay attention to my stomach that closely?"

"I like looking at you. Add to that potions and charms do fail, my sweet."

"I'd hope the potions that we brew would not fail."

"It still has happened."

"Well, I assure you they have not."

"You'll let me know when you're ready for them to?"

Her breath hitched slightly at that. That meant he wanted to have children with her. The pregnancy had been an accident, but he was now suggesting they plan for one.

"Well, the Christmas holidays seem like they'd be a great time since we're stuck at the castle basically just ourselves and a few others."

"Like a month from now? Or next year?"

"Which would you prefer?"

"I am at your disposal whichever you would prefer."

Her lips twitched at that.

"My disposal, huh?"

He bowed his head, smirking slightly. "It's a terrible thing to be at your beck and call for such things."

"Well, let me think about it. I do kind of like having a room of my own to dress in," she said.

He rolled his eyes.

"I'm teasing. I want it to be used for exactly the purpose Hogwarts gave it to us."

"I look forward to your decision then."

The cocktail hour was torture. Severus was attentive, bringing her into conversations here and there, but she was left with a lot of time to think and observe as the conversations, while interesting at times, were rather dry. She found a lot of the time her mind landed on babies.

A baby.

Their baby.

They were actually talking about having a baby. LIke in a year there'd be a little Snape. She wasn't sure how she felt about that. She didn't want to be one of those women that gave up everything she hoped for to raise kids. He'd brought it up, clearly not insisting they start trying immediately so she didn't have to make any decisions tonight.

She brightened when Kingsley gave her the paperwork approving Odette Milward's staying at the castle over the holidays. He assured both Hermione and Severus, discreetly, that the accusations were being looked into seriously and the proper actions were being taken. Hermione breathed a sigh of relief, glad to have some good news to tell Miss Milward tomorrow.

Thankfully, they were not seated near Narcissa Malfoy, Hermione had to assume that was Kingsley's doing knowing the torture she'd endured at Malfoy Manor only a matter of months ago. Thankfully her parents had raised her somewhat properly with things like etiquette so she was aware of which fork to use for what. These things weren't really practiced at the house tables at Hogwarts.

Soon enough they were on their way back to Hogwarts. She could tell that Severus was pleased at how dinner had gone. She wasn't sure how much of an impression she'd made, but she hadn't made a fool of herself or Severus so she considered it a success.

He removed her cloak for her when they got back to their quarters, kissing the bit of exposed skin at her shoulder.

"Shall we adjourn to the bedroom where we can put those potions to the test?"

"I thought you'd never ask," she whispered.

"I've been wanting to get you out of this gown since I saw you in it."

"Did you?"

"Yes, however, I somehow didn't think Miss Weasley would appreciate her efforts going to waste so quickly so I refrained."

"Your self-control is certainly to be admired."

"I thought so, but I assure you I've reached the limits."

"Yeah?"

"Yes," he hissed, wasting no time removing her gown and everything else she wore except her knickers. He glanced at them, eyes widening as he saw which pair she was wearing.

"Is Miss Weasley aware of your undergarment choice for the evening?"

"No," she said.

"You were like that throughout dinner?"

"I was. It felt delightfully naughty."

"I assure you if I'd but known…"

"I would not have let you take a detour to a closet during our first outing as a married couple at the Ministry."

"Pity."

"It is an idea for the next one, though," she offered.

"I look forward to it then."

"Me, too," she said.

She made her way to the bed, dropping to her hands and knees, knowing he was getting quite the view that way with the crotchless panties he'd bought for her.

"I'm waiting," she said, shaking her hips a bit to emphasize her request.

A wave of his hand and he was now devoid of his clothes, too, before sliding up behind her on the bed.

"You're taking too long," she hissed and he chuckled softly before giving her exactly what she had wanted for hours now.

Return to Top

Part 28 | Part 30

Harry Potter Fandom Fan Fiction Index Page | Fan Fiction Index Page | Home
Send Feedback

Story ©Susan Matthews/APCKRFAN/PhantomRoses.com