Chapter Sixteen

Hermione stopped in the kitchen on her way upstairs to grab her skirt and the beaded bag. She didn't put it back on, she had just gotten into the habit of having the bag within reach at all times. Surely, as unappealing as it may be, having it on her person at Bill and Fleur's wedding had proven wise.

She made her way upstairs, nervous and excited. He'd agreed, right? She wasn't sure if he actually had, but she thought so. Touching him as she had in the kitchen was the most brazen she'd ever even thought about being in her life. Sure, the months they'd been writing in the notebook to each other she'd had thoughts, but the thoughts hadn't gotten beyond witch and wizard being attracted to one another.

She found his bedroom, saw him sitting on the bed. He looked as nervous as she felt. That was good. Or maybe not. Maybe he really didn't want to, didn't want her.

"Hi," she whispered, making her way to him. She brought her hands to his head and leaned down to kiss his forehead, his nose, his cheeks, and finally his mouth.

"Hi."

"You look uncertain," she said.

"Well, I've told you my past, yes?"

"Yes," she said, confused what the question had to do with anything currently.

"Did you happen to notice there weren't anecdotes about bedding witches?"

"I did, I just assumed you weren't the type to kiss and tell."

"I've never kissed anyone but you. Well, like we kiss. I'd kissed Lily, but that was probably like you'd kiss Harry."

"You called him Harry," she smiled lovingly at him, kissing the tip of his nose again.

"I did," he said.

"So, we're both new at this then. Is that what you're saying?"

"I am."

"Okay. Why does that frighten you?"

He shrugged, reaching around finally to put his arms around her. He rested his head against her abdomen after pushing her top up with his head.

"A wizard is taught his witch will have certain … expectations."

"You know, you guys are so stuck in Victorian England about some things. How is a wizard supposed to learn those things if witches aren't supposed to put out?"

He lifted his head, kissing her abdomen before gifting her with a full fledged laugh.

"Well, as with muggles there are witches who make a career out of such things. I know some wizards go to muggles for that matter."

She frowned. "Well, I'm glad you didn't do that."

"You are?"

"Well, yeah. I get you all to myself then. Only I will know you like that."

He scoffed. "And you think I'm possessive."

"You are, but it's fitting I would be too then, isn't it? If we accept this soul bond and you think you can go off wherever you want."

"I would not!"

She set her fingertips over his mouth.

"I know you wouldn't, Severus. That's not what I meant. I'm just saying, it fits. I know you wouldn't tolerate that either. We fit. Together."

He nodded, kissing her stomach again before reaching up for her lips. She happily met him halfway.

"Show me how else we fit," she murmured when they stopped for a breath.

He stood then, lifting her before setting her on the bed.

"I have one request," he said, closing the door without his wand or words she noticed. She hated to admit that turned her on as much as the idea of what they were about to do did. "You liked that?" he asked after doing so as he regarded her lying on his bed.

She nodded vigorously, not sure she was glad he noticed or not, and he chuckled.

"If that's all it takes, Witch, we are in for a very pleasing life together."

"It was impressive," she whispered. "It's easy to forget because you taught potions for so many years how impressive you can be."

"Unnecessary I realize, as we're alone," he shrugged.

She understood. It was his attempt at protecting her yet again, even here in a home no one knew about. She loved him more for it.

"Your request?"

"Given that you just admitted to liking my display of magic I think we'll be okay, but if there's something you like or want, or even dislike…"

She nodded again. "Yes, same to you."

He scoffed. "Leaving would be the only thing I could think of you doing at this point I'd dislike, Hermione."

"That's about how I feel," she said, reaching for her top.

"Allow me," he said and she warmed at the thought he wanted to do it.

Somehow she couldn't picture Ron caring.

He kissed her stomach as he'd done earlier and then worked his way up as he lifted her top up, his fingers grazing over her flushed skin and finally off, letting his mouth graze along each arm and shoulder. He tenderly kissed the top of her scar from her encounter with Dolohov.

"I'm sorry you live in a world where such a thing could happen to you," he whispered.

She brought her hands to his hair, running them through it as his mouth drifted lower. She tilted her head back and gave a thready sigh. His hands and fingers were touching her shoulders, chest, sides, and breasts as if he was memorizing every inch of her.

"You have them, too."

"I know, I'm just sorry that he wasn't truly stopped the first time," he murmured, kissing the top of her breast. He worked the front clasp on her (also) pink bra. "We do have to talk about this pink business."

"I'm a witch, I'm supposed to wear pink."

He scoffed, sliding the bra off, and brushing the swell of her breast with the back of his hand. "You are my witch. I think we'll need to work on it. We can't have anyone thinking I like anything pink."

"You plan on anyone else seeing my bra and knickers, Severus?"

"Cheek," he murmured.

Any reply she may have given him was silenced as he moved his mouth lower, brushing it over a peak before he took it into his mouth. She gasped, arching against him, and sliding her fingers through his hair.

"If that's what I get for being cheeky I'll do it all day."

He chuckled, lifting his mouth from her peak and licking it and the love bite he'd left there before moving to her other breast and doing the same thing. Her hands were slowly moving along his head and shoulders as she let herself enjoy what he was doing to her.

And then he was kissing lower along her ribs and stomach, pulling back the waistband of her lace knickers to kiss her there before sliding them completely off.

"Merlin," she whispered as he kissed his way up her legs, caressing her with his hands as he worked his way up. She never thought a touch to her thigh or knee could be sensual.

"There," she cried out when he finally got to the juncture between her legs, his hands sliding over her hips lightly.

He chuckled again, brushing his nose against her nub before flicking it with his tongue. He seemed to enjoy learning what she liked and her responses to different things as much as she did. Mercy, was she just blessed with a wizard who actually cared about her pleasure or had the other witches she'd heard talk about these things merely found wizards that didn't care about them? Either way, she counted herself immensely lucky that he was as thorough in his exploration as he was. Fingers, tongue, lips, and even his nose and teeth were used. She knew she had another love bite on her inner thigh. She couldn't seem to care that a wizard his age seemed to enjoy giving them because she didn't mind being on the receiving side of them.

"Severus," she cried out when he used his finger in exactly the right spot inside of her as his tongue circled her nub just perfectly. "Fuck," she cried out as she came, clutching his head tightly to hold him in place as she rode the orgasm out. Not that he seemed in a hurry to move.

She opened her eyes and realized he'd been a busy wandless magic wizard as his clothes were now gone. She pouted a bit at that thought, though she eyed his form hungrily.

"I wanted to do that," she whispered.

"Hermione. I'm not going to lie to you. I think if you touched me it'd be over before I even got inside of you and neither of us has all night," he murmured, hovering over her abdomen and casting the spell that would protect her in addition to the muggle pill. She trusted the pill, but better to be safe than sorry. She was glad he was on the same page. The last thing they needed right now was her getting pregnant.

She nodded, understanding knowing that she was blushing profusely at his admission. She excited him to the point he wasn't sure he could maintain control. She, Hermione Granger, did that.

Merlin.

"I promise next time you can do the honors if you still desire to do so."

"Of course I will," she said, eyes traveling the length of his body that she could see. He was lean and muscular but not overly so. Wiry she supposed could describe him. There were scars and marks aplenty everywhere she could see. It saddened her that he thought they would lessen her desire for him. If anything they increased it. This wizard who'd suffered so much and trusted no one was willing to bare himself to her so completely. It was overwhelmingly heady.

It made her love him even more.

"Do you really think some scars would bother me when I have my own?"

He shrugged casually as he reached to kiss her, which she found she didn't mind being able to taste herself on his lips and tongue as he deepened it. The groan she gave him told him, she hoped, that she in fact kind of liked it. His returned groan seemed to tell her he understood. Good.

"I'm not sure how you will fit, but I trust this whole soul bond thing means that you will."

He chuckled slightly, hissing softly as she brushed her thigh against his erection.

"Sorry," she said. She hadn't meant to do that.

"Tell me if you need me to stop," he said.

"I won't," she said. "I mean, I'll tell you if I do, but I won't need or want you to."

She watched as his eyes fell closed, the look of awe on his face as he entered her. She forced herself to keep her eyes open, wanting to watch him because she suspected this moment meant way more to him than she could comprehend.

He opened his eyes and they locked on hers.

"May I?" he asked.

"Yes," she said, knowing what he was asking her. She dropped her walls, knowing he was doing the same and let him into her mind.

"Oh gods," they whispered simultaneously at being able to see and feel everything together.

She wasn't sure she'd ever felt closer to anyone in her life, which she imagined was the point. She knew he was aware of that thought.

"I'm glad it's with you," she whispered.

"As am I," he replied, and she flushed from the thrill of the compliment. He was equally as thrilled by the sincerity in her enjoyment.

What was more, they both knew they were being truthful and sincere.

She held up a hand, not wanting to touch him if he didn't want her to. "Can I?"

"Yes, of course, now," he said with a chuckle that sounded more like a groan as he pressed himself deeply into her. She lifted her hips to draw him in deeper, clenching around him. "Maybe not that," he hissed.

"Sorry," she said, burying her head against his cheek.

He chuckled softly, kissing her neck.

"No apologies necessary. It wasn't a complaint or a criticism. I'd just like you to finish again and that felt incredibly good."

"Oh," she said.

She ran a hand along his arm to his waist and hip before grabbing his hand, sliding them between their bodies.

"May I?"

"Yes," he hissed as she slid their joined hands between her legs to let him feel what she liked. He pulled away from her a bit, lowering his head to watch their hands stroke her nub as he pressed into her.

"Fuck you're beautiful," he murmured.

"As are you," she replied.

He shook his head a bit, he didn't understand what she saw but he believed she meant it. She knew that because he could see into her mind, see her sincerity and feel the truth behind her words.

His mouth fell to a breast and she cried out as that together with their fingers stroking her nub brought her off again.

"Thank Merlin," he whispered with a huff.

"Take what you need, Severus," she whispered. "I am satisfied and look forward to doing this again. I know you can see and feel that's true. This was not a chore nor an obligation to me."

"You will not be offended?"

She laughed.

"No," she said. She saw doubt in his mind and touched his cheek. "I will not be offended. I feel safe with you. This is our bedroom, what we do here is right and good. I trust you."

He pulled out of her and encouraged her onto her hands and knees. She went willingly and he guided his shaft back into her. She cried out at the difference in feeling from this position.

"Too much?"

"No," she whispered. "Please. Go," she said, clutching the blanket beneath her.

He slid his left hand over hers, joining their fingers as he kissed her shoulder and neck, nipping at the skin there.

"Yes, that, there with your mouth what you did," she cried out.

He used his other hand, brushing her hair out of the way of her neck and kissed and sucked at the skin there that felt outstanding for some reason. Her eyes flew open as she felt her left ring finger start to tingle. Almost as if it fell asleep and was waking up.

"Do you feel that?" she asked.

He murmured against her neck what she took for confirmation that he was too experiencing the feeling.

He cried out, tightening his grip around her fingers as his thrusts slowed.

"Mine," they both murmured as he stilled behind her.

The glowing they'd experienced when their hands were close together slowly worked its way through them as he pulled out of her, moving so she could turn to face him. The glowing arced between them almost like Wonder Woman's Lasso of Truth, his wrapping around her and vice versa. His frown at her mind's comparison told her he didn't know what that was as their connection was still open and they were looking at one another again. She tried to picture the lasso in her mind and he nodded, seeming to understand at least what she referred to.

They both stopped breathing for a moment, to the point she reached for her throat wondering what was constricting her only to suddenly be free to breathe again. The gold arc turned bright red with a loud pop and then faded and the tingling was no longer a burning roar but just a presence she felt.

"So does that mean we accepted it?" she asked.

"I would think so," he murmured, kissing her. "I don't know if you felt it, but I needed our hands connected and couldn't think of a better way of doing it than that position."

"Did I seem as if I was complaining or bothered?"

"Well, no, I just don't want you to think…"

"Hey," she said, touching his cheek. "What we do is our business. You told me to tell you if something bothered me. I will. If I tell you something didn't bother me, you have to believe that it also means that you wanting to do it doesn't bother me."

"Fair enough. I just, witches…"

"Yes, well, they're not your witch. I am, and you're not their wizard. You're mine. It felt good, Severus. Really, really good, and I know you can see and feel I'm not exaggerating."

He smirked at that and she kissed him. Hands and mouths roamed, acquainting themselves with each other in the afterglow. She liked this part almost as much as the sex. Almost. The sex was very good.

He chuckled and she blushed.

"I need to check the laundry," she whispered a while later. She didn't want to move, but they both knew life had to go on.

"Yes," he nodded, understanding.

"I'd love a shower before we get dressed, though."

"Okay."

"With you," she added as clarification in case her meaning wasn't clear.

"Oh. Really?" His eyebrows shot up, clearly surprised.

"Yes, really. I know we don't have all night, but I'm not done with you yet."

"Parts of me reacted to that statement in entirely inappropriate ways."

She glanced at his cock and smirked. Sure enough it was definitely starting to stand at attention again.

"Well, I like the inappropriate ways it reacts so save that thought and I'll be right back."

She grabbed his shirt because it would cover more of her and she enjoyed the possessive look in his eye as he watched her work a few of the buttons up before she padded out of the room.

She found him reclined on the bed when she got back upstairs. She dropped his shirt to the floor and climbed on top of him.

"No shower?"

"I was waiting for you," he whispered, cupping her cheek as she leaned in to kiss him. She found his neck and ear, before sliding her mouth along his skin to his shoulder.

"I really like the way it reacts," she murmured as she licked one of his nipples, taking it between her teeth and biting lightly.

"Me, too, I assure you," he quipped and she giggled, lifting her hips and shifting against him. "I thought you wanted to shower."

"I do," she said. "After."

"You feel okay?"

She used her hand to stroke him, both groaning at the feel of him in her hand.

"Help me?" she asked as she worked at guiding him into her. He did exactly that.

"I'll take your non-answer as affirmative as you do."

She bit her lip as she took him all the way inside of her. "I feel more than okay now."

"I would agree."

He watched her for a little as she ran her fingers along his stomach, chest, arms and shoulders all the while moving over him, and she felt a little self-conscious about that.

"You look exquisite," he said and she blushed, leaning down to kiss him.

He worked his hand between her legs, stroking her nub. He broke the kiss, lowering his mouth to her breasts which he focused on while she rode him. Finally her orgasm came, her walls fluttering around him causing him to cry out. His hands moved to her hips, clutching her as he drove himself into her. She collapsed on top of him, listening to his heartbeat as he stroked her hair.

"I love you," she whispered.

"I love you, too," he said.

"I know that's not easy for you to say. You didn't grow up hearing it."

"I endeavor to be better than my father in that and much more."

"You already are better than him, Severus."

She kissed his chest, his neck, and his jaw before finding his mouth.

"Now, somebody made me all sticky. I need a shower to fix that."

"This was your idea, Witch."

"If I'd known…"

He rolled his eyes as she moved off of him and found the bathroom. He joined her and seemed to like doing so very much. She used his soap and a flannel to wash his arms, back and torso before dropping to her knees to do his feet and legs.

"Fuck," he cried out when she took him into her mouth.

His hands went to her hair as she worked at taking him in as far as she could. She was totally guessing on what to do. She'd heard girls talk about doing this, none of them seemed to enjoy it so didn't offer much insight on how to do it. She looked up, meeting his eyes that were focused on her rather intently as she parted her lips and used her tongue to lick along his length and the tip, circling the hole there which caused him to groan before she dipped her head a little lower, licking and sucking on his balls as well. "Merlin, Hermione," he whispered, hoarsely.

She intensified her efforts on his shaft when she made her way back to that part of him, stroking him with one hand toward his base. She loved how he felt in her hand and mouth. He leaned forward a bit, setting a hand against the wall behind her while his left hand continued running through her hair.

He called out her name as he finished in her mouth. She swallowed, licking him once she was sure he was done.

"That was unexpectedly pleasurable."

"I would agree," she said, licking her lips as she kissed his stomach before she stood.

"Is saying thank you rude?"

"As long as you don't offer me money, we're good."

He smirked. "Well…"

"Severus!"

He shook his head. "That's not how I meant it, merely you know I would give it to you if it was needed."

"Of course."

"Your laundry is done?" he asked, watching her as she washed her hair.

"Scared to touch me?" she asked, eyeing him as he handed her the flannel.

"Scared we'll never leave if I do again." He took in her body hungrily. "I have a couple decades of carnal knowledge deprivation to make up for."

She nodded in understanding, finishing up while he left the shower and found towels for them both.

They dressed in his room slowly. Her shoes were down in his kitchen. She'd forgotten to grab those she only now realized.

"I didn't get you something to eat," he said when they were by the table.

"I got exactly what I needed tonight, Severus."

"You're too thin," he said.

"Harry needs his strength," she said.

He took hold of her arms, tugging her to him.

"I realize he is The Boy Who Lived but my concern is for you. My witch. My mate. My heart. Mine. Do not serve yourself little. He will survive. He needs you to survive, though. Without you he cannot."

"We don't need me, Severus. We know that. I'm just the brains to keep him alive until whenever."

"I'm not going to argue with you. I realize I can't, as you'll do what you're going to do, but you will do him no good malnourished and sickly."

"I know," she said. She did. It was innate in her, though, to give herself smaller portions to ensure their stomachs were at least somewhat full.

"Will two weeks be sufficient for laundry again?"

"I think so," she said.

"They won't question why you were gone so long tonight?"

"I doubt either of them have any clue how long laundry takes for three people, let alone a laundromat where there's no telling on any given night how many people are there using machines."

"Both valid points. Very well, two weeks then, barring commitments. You are welcome here even if I cannot make it. I will bring something with me so I know you eat then."

"Feed me and take me to bed? I'm a lucky witch."

"If you're very good maybe I'll feed you in bed."

She perked up at that and he chuckled.

She put the laundry bags with their clothes in the beaded bag and slid her shoes on.

"Does it look darker to you?" she asked, regarding the mark on her finger.

"Yes, as does mine," he said. "I imagine a visible sign it worked."

"As if we'd miss what happened upstairs."

"And here I thought I'd just pleased you."

She laughed, kissing his jaw. "You did. I don't expect glowy lassos every time, I promise."

"You will have to show me a picture of this Wonder Woman."

"You really don't know? Didn't you read muggle comics as a boy?"

"No," he said dryly.

"I'll buy you a few issues. You'll like her."

"Why?"

"She's an Amazon warrior, a goddess."

He cupped her cheek, stroking her jaw with his thumb before kissing her. "I have all the warrior goddess I need right here, Hermione. She cannot possibly hold a candle to you."

"Flatterer."

"You'll be alright?"

"Yes," she said.

"Oh," he said. "Wait!"

She waited in the kitchen as he went downstairs, returning a few minutes later with a couple vials and a tube of ointment.

"For any discomfort that might result from tonight."

"Oh! Thank you. I feel fine, but I imagine tomorrow may be different."

"Eat when you get back."

"Or I'll get detention?"

"Cheek again? Perhaps I wasn't thorough enough in pleasing you."

"You were very thorough. I'd give you an Exceeds Expectations for sure."

"I shall endeavor for an Outstanding next time."

"Practice does make perfect. So I've heard," she said, sticking her tongue out a bit.

"Good night, Witch. Apparate safely."

"You, too."


Ron seemed in a better mood when she got back. She wasn't sure if Harry had kept the locket the entire time, but she knew it was beyond her time to take it. She pulled the laundry bags out of the beaded bag.

"I'll go relieve Harry."

"Thanks, Mione. I'm sorry for earlier."

"I understand, Ron. I'm not mad," she said.

Hurt maybe, but not mad. She was so glad her crush on him never evolved into anything more. It would have been so disappointing to see him like this. As his friend she could forgive him.

"You look different," he said.

"Um, I assure you I'm no different."

"We saved you some of the rabbit stew," he said.

"Thank you!"

She was hungry now that she thought about it. Evidently having sex twice was exhausting.

"Sure," he said. "I'll heat it up for you and bring it out to you if you want."

"I can get it, Harry can wait another few minutes."

She did just that, checking the stock of potatoes, carrots, and onions while it was warming on the stove. She tried to keep a list of what she used and needed to replace, but she knew Harry and Ron weren't as organized as she was.

She had the bank account information Severus had given her stashed in between pages of a book. She had some of both muggle and wizarding money in her bag. The problem wasn't money necessarily, it was taking the risk of being seen. She couldn't assume people wouldn't be looking for her even in muggle towns so she wasn't going to dash to the store for everything they ran low on.

She scooped the stew out. She had to admit after the pheasant and rabbit, she was pretty confident she could prepare anything caught in the wild. The pheasant had been hard, the rabbit even harder but survival was key and Hermione Granger would do whatever it took to ensure Harry Potter lived.

She took the bowl outside, greeting Harry where he sat along the perimeter of their wards. Harry watched her for a few minutes in silence. She knew he was scrutinizing her and wondered if like Ron he saw something different about her, too.

"He was better this evening."

"He seems better," she agreed.

"The stew is good, Hermione, thank you."

"You don't have to thank me, Harry."

"I do! I don't know how you know how to do all this stuff, but I know neither of us would have thought of half the stuff you've thought of."

"You would've, Harry," she said.

Eventually.

Maybe.

She took the locket from him.

"You look different," he said.

She rolled her eyes, wondering what it was they were seeing that seemed so different.

"Ron said the same thing. I think you were both just worried I wasn't going to come back," she teased, resting her head against his shoulder.

"Maybe so. I hope your watch is quiet."

"Me, too," she said.

She always took the later watch. Ron was first and Harry second. It worked with the way they slept best.

She grabbed her notebook when she went inside to put the bowl away. She had to admit the stew was decent. Weeks into this and she was getting better, which was probably a good thing.

MADE IT BACK. ATE SOME RABBIT STEW. IT'S MY WATCH NOW. LOVE YOU. GOOD NIGHT.

It was about an hour later when she got a reply.

GOOD NIGHT, WITCH. SLEEP WELL WHEN YOU GET THERE. PLEASANT DREAMS.

I WILL DREAM OF YOU I'M SURE.

OH?

ON ME, IN ME, KISSING ME.

ALL MOST ENJOYABLE THINGS TO DREAM OF.

NOW I KNOW THE REALITY, TOO.

YOU DREAMT OF IT BEFORE?

I DREAMT OF THE CONCEPT, NOTHING BUT WHAT I'D READ AND HEARD TO FILL IN THE BLANKS.

I LOOK FORWARD TO FILLING IN MANY MORE BLANKS.

ME, TOO.

Silence after that, which she was fine with, even if she missed him already.

Return to Top

Part 15 | Part 17

Harry Potter Fandom Fan Fiction Index Page | Fan Fiction Index Page | Home
Send Feedback

Story ©Susan Matthews/APCKRFAN/PhantomRoses.com