Chapter Seventeen
October 1997

RON LEFT! THIS LOCKET IS EVIL, MY MARE. IT GETS IN YOUR HEAD AND MAKES YOU THINK THINGS. HE THOUGHT HARRY AND I WERE SHAGGING AND PLOTTING AGAINST HIM. THAT'S WHAT WE WERE ARGUING ABOUT A FEW WEEKS AGO WHEN HEADMASTER BLACK HEARD US. HE APOLOGIZED WHEN I GOT BACK FROM YOUR HOUSE BUT HE PROGRESSIVELY GOT WORSE. SO NOW INSTEAD OF THREE OF US SPLITTING UP WEARING THE LOCKET, IT'S JUST THE TWO OF US. IT MAKES MY SKIN CRAWL! I HATE IT! I HATE THAT RON WOULD DO THAT!

I CANNOT SATISFACTORILY TELL YOU HOW SORRY I AM, MY WITCH. HE WILL REALIZE HIS ERROR AND RETURN TO YOU BOTH, I'M SURE. DO YOU REALLY HAVE TO WEAR THE LOCKET?

WE DON'T WANT TO RISK LOSING IT OR HAVE SOMETHING HAPPEN TO IT. IF WE PUT IT DOWN WHO KNOWS WHAT COULD HAPPEN. IT CAN'T GET BACK TO YOU KNOW WHO THAT WE HAVE IT OR KNOW ABOUT THE ITEMS.

I UNDERSTAND. FAIR ENOUGH. PLEASE BE CAREFUL.

YOU, TOO.

ALWAYS.

THANK YOU FOR LISTENING.

THANK YOU FOR CONFIDING IN ME.

I'LL HAVE TO SEE ABOUT LAUNDRY ON SATURDAY, THAT'D LEAVE HARRY HERE ALONE BUT WE DEFINITELY NEED CLEAN CLOTHES.

LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU CAN.

I WILL. I DON'T WANT TO SEEM TOO ANXIOUS ABOUT LAUNDRY THOUGH.

UNDERSTOOD.

Severus put the notebook away once it was clear their conversation was finished.

"Albus?"

"It's still not time, Severus."

"How do you know what I was going to say?"

"I don't know what you were saying to her, but I know what that notebook is for."

"Oh?"

"It's the only time I see you smile and look remotely content, my boy."

He sighed heavily.

"Mr. Weasley has left them."

"Not unexpected," he said. There was a long pause here and Severus wondered if Albus had known this was going to happen. "He's not as strong as Harry or Miss Granger."

"No," Severus agreed.

Weasley was the weak link of the Trio. It was really sheer coincidence it was a trio and not a duo because he wasn't sure what purpose Weasley served. Oh he did know, Weasley offered a lightness to them they needed. He was the one who kept things from getting to the point Harry and Hermione were steeped in nothing but darkness and despair.

"She has accepted the bond then?"

"What?" How could he possibly know that?

"No need to be coy or embarrassed, Severus. It is a great honor to not just be chosen for a soul bond but to find the one you're supposed to bond with. To have them accept the bond is nothing to be ashamed of."

"I am aware, and yes."

"Have the dreams started?"

"Yes," Severus replied.

He'd thought he was turning into a pubescent boy the first time he'd had a very realistic dream about her. As it turned out, she had the same dream. It had happened again and again since they accepted their bond to the point they'd drawn the conclusion they were able to share their dreams. He wasn't sure what it said that their first few shared dreams made even him blush when he thought about them in the light of day.

"You took precautions?"

"Do you think I'm a clueless dolt?"

"No, but I know you're not accustomed to letting your emotions rule you or to having someone express positive emotions towards you."

"She is not with child, Albus," he said. That would be all they needed right now.

"Well, I look forward to meeting them when they do come, my boy."

Severus snorted at that.

"Now, tell me what's happening with Tom," Albus prompted.

Severus sighed and proceeded to report on the goings on at Malfoy Manor.


It was later that afternoon when the notebook warmed again, indicating a message for him.

DO YOU HAVE AN HOUR TO SPARE?

NOW?

AS SOON AS YOU CAN.

IS EVERYTHING ALL RIGHT?

HARD TO EXPLAIN, IT'S STUPID, BUT YES.

ARE YOU ABLE TO MEET ME AT OUR HOME NOW?

OUR HOME?

YOU PLANNED ON LIVING SEPARATELY AFTER ACCEPTING OUR BOND?

WELL…

UNDER NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES, OF COURSE.

I'M NOT ARGUING, YOU JUST HAVEN'T CALLED IT THAT BEFORE.

I DIDN'T REALIZE I NEEDED TO BE SO BLATANT ABOUT IT. IT IS OUR HOME, MY BASIL.

THANK YOU, MARE. SO NOW?

I CAN SPARE AN HOUR. GIVE ME ABOUT FIFTEEN MINUTES TO FIND MY DEPUTY SO HE'S AWARE OF MY ABSENCE, NOT THAT HE CARES.

OKAY. THANK YOU.

He was more than curious as he went to inform Alecto that his presence was required off the premises for the next couple of hours. As expected he could care less, not that he said so. He just didn't want to make it seem as if he was disappearing from his post, if word got back to the Dark Lord to that effect it would be bad.

A benefit of being Headmaster was that he could apparate from within Hogwarts. He never went directly to Spinner's End, though, just in case. Twenty minutes later he was in his house, fully aware Hermione was already there because his wards told him so. She wasn't in the living room or kitchen. He took the stairs, finding her in his - their - bed already completely naked.

"Hi," she said.

He wasn't sure what the proper response to coming home to such a situation was. He was sure Lucius would have some practiced remark, but never in all of his life had Severus even dreamed of coming home to any witch let alone one as fetching and intelligent as Hermione waiting for him in bed naked.

"Are you well?"

"I could be better," she whispered.

"Oh?" he asked, instantly concerned.

"Well, you standing over there isn't helping."

"Of course," he said, stepping toward the bed.

"That's better, but you're way overdressed, Severus."

She lifted her hand and he could see her concentrating so he knew she was thinking or doing something. And just like that, without wand or voice, his clothes were off. The door was closed immediately after that and there was a charm he recognized as being a silencing charm put in place.

"I see we've been practicing," he quipped.

"Are you daft? I have these new powerful wizard abilities coursing through me, of course I've been practicing."

"Good," he said. He joined her on the bed and she shifted, spreading her legs for him. "This is what we're here for?"

"Are you complaining," she said, reaching for his cock. He groaned at the feel of him, heavy and hardening in her hand.

Was this really happening to him?

"No," he said quickly. "If I gave that impression I'm sorry. I just wasn't expecting…"

"Your witch to be wanton and amorous in the middle of the afternoon?"

"Well, yes, precisely," he said, watching her hand as she cupped and stroked him. She was still learning, which was fine. He hoped to have the next hundred and twenty years or so for her to become an expert. Besides, she wasn't doing a poor job of exciting him. He was already partially hard at the sight of her nude form on his bed. Only the thought of her being ill or hurt stopped him from becoming engorged instantly.

"I'll explain after, but please love me, Severus. Now."

"As my witch commands," he said, stopping briefly to ensure she was ready. His eyes widened a bit at just how wet and warm she already was.

"Please," she pleaded and he slid into her. She gripped his shoulders hard, bringing her mouth to one and kissing the spot before she sucked on it hard. He was aware of what she was doing. She hadn't before now so he was okay with letting her. He'd sent her back with two or more both times they'd seen one another while she did laundry.

Her hands were desperate, clutching to and touching him, stroking him everywhere she could reach. It was like she wanted to possess him, to bring him even closer which was impossible considering every inch of them that could be touching already was.

It felt amazing.

She finished marking him and found his ear. She nipped it before running her tongue along the edge there.

"Harder, Severus," she said. "Show me I'm your witch."

"Fuck, Hermione," he said, having no idea what had gotten them here. He pulled out of her then and she whimpered in protest.

"Turn around, Witch," he said and she smiled wickedly, the gleam in her eye did things to him the twinkle in Albus' never did.

She did, wiggling her ass as she peered at him over her shoulder.

"Now, please," she hissed.

He gripped her hips, drawing her up a bit and drove into her.

"Yes," she cried out.

He drew out of her to the point just his tip remained between her lips and she whimpered. He stroked her ass cheeks with his thumbs as he took in the sight of his cock, hard and glistening from being inside of her.

She was wet and wanting him.

His cock.

Him.

"My witch," he said as he drove into her again.

Her response wasn't coherent, but he didn't need to understand what she was trying to say.

"I like my hands right where they are," he hissed timed with another deep thrust into her. "I will not last long, though, so please help."

"You want to feel me fingering my clit?"

"Yes," he said.

"You want me to touch your shaft as you pull out of me?"

"Yes," he hissed. God, did he.

She reached between her legs. He pulled out of her again and she did exactly as she said, stroking his length with her hand before he slid back into her. She turned her attention to herself then, stroking her bundle of nerves as he moved within her.

She hadn't been this vocal before, it was surprisingly arousing to hear her enjoyment.

"Fuck, Severus, I'm going to come. Please, harder, I want to feel you come."

"Almost there," he said.

"Please, Severus." She wiggled her ass again in a most appealing way. "I want to feel you come here."

"On you?"

"Yes," she cried out.

He pulled out of her then completely. There was no way if he started coming inside of her he was going to pull out. It felt too good to do so. He stroked his cock a few more times before finishing on the small of her back and beautiful ass.

She buried her head in the pillow beneath her then.

"Thank you," she whispered.

"I'm quite sure I should be the one thanking you," he said, tracing a finger through the trail of his essence on her back.

"That was really good," she said.

"It was," he had to agree. "Is there a reason you wanted me to finish there instead of in you?" Thoughts of her being out of her muggle pills filled his head. He could make potions for her, of course, but he didn't have any here he could give her.

"No reason," she said with a shrug. "I was feeling kind of naughty, that seemed like a naughty thing to want you to do. Did you mind?"

"Mind?" he chuckled. "No. Surprised, but not in a bad way. Such requests have not been among the stories shared with me."

"Does that mean you're going to share your story with someone?"

"No," he said adamantly. "I don't want anyone else thinking about coming anywhere near you."

"Ha ha," she said.

"I'm not sure I was joking."

"I know, it just sounded funny."

"Did you want me to clean up after myself?" he asked, not sure exactly what the proper thing to do was after finishing on a witch.

"Well, you could, I was going to suggest a shower, but both would be fine."

"All right," he said, waving his hand after a second's pause to admire the way her body looked with a part of him on her like that. It was oddly arousing.

"Next time on my stomach maybe so I can actually, you know, watch you do it."

"You want to watch me?"

"Well, yeah," she said, turning onto her back. "You turn me on, so watching you do that would turn me on."

"I'm still wrapping my mind around that concept."

She slid her arms around him and arched against him lovingly.

"I know you know it's the truth. You've been not just in my mind but my dreams, Severus."

"I know."

"Besides, we're not trying for kids yet so I figure it's not a waste of it or anything."

He smirked at that. "Indeed."

Yet. She'd said yet.

"And you like marking me," she said.

"I do," he admitted. "You cannot go out with that visible, though."

"No," she said.

"Speaking of," he said, running a finger over his own shoulder where she'd marked him. "You realize if he sees it I'll have to lie about where it came from?"

"I know."

"All right. I don't want you hearing through someone else that I've taken up."

"I won't."

He bowed his head slightly, grateful for the trust.

"So, what, may I ask without sounding unappreciative and very satisfied, was that?"

"I walked in on Harry," she admitted.

"I'm sorry?"

"I walked in on him," she blushed. As it was the first time he'd seen her blush this deeply sans clothing it was only now he noticed the color went everywhere. It was rather appealing. "You know. He thought I was outside picking berries."

"I see," he said.

"Six weeks with them, Severus, none of us are modest. They're like brothers to me. I know you know that. So, I didn't think anything of walking into the bedroom. I guess I should've thought about why he had it closed off."

"So you got aroused seeing Harry please himself?"

"Oh no," then she shrugged. "Maybe a little. I mean, not because it was Harry but I saw him and it made me think of you and the things you can do and make me feel with your parts. And how you feel and taste in my mouth. And, let me tell you, while I'm sure whoever he ends up with will be satisfied, trust me when I say they picked my wizard very well in that regard."

He laughed at that. "They did, huh?"

"Yes. Most definitely."

"So you are happy with my endowment as it were?"

"Very," she said, kissing him. "I mean, I am new at this sex stuff, so seeing a naked body put me in a mood, you know."

"And if I'd been unable to get away?"

"I would've taken a very cold shower."

He kissed her.

"I hope you never have need of a cold shower."

"Our dreams make me need one!"

"They are rather vivid, aren't they?"

"Indeed," she said with a smirk. "I like it, I just wasn't expecting it."

"Nor was I. I imagine the bond assumes there will be no separation once accepted."

"Soon I hope that won't be a problem anymore."

He frowned. Damn Albus and that blasted sword. He had to believe there was a reason the old man wouldn't let him get it to them now. What the reason was Severus didn't know, but while Severus had stopped believing the older wizard truly cared for anyone or anything beyond winning the war, Severus knew if he had a plan it was most likely a solid one.

"So, is laundry nights every two weeks not enough, Witch?"

"Gods, Severus, I want to again already. You have no idea."

"I have some idea," he quipped.

"No, you don't," she admitted with a blush.

"Really?"

"Really. Let's just say when we get to that separation no longer being a problem we need at least a month undisturbed."

"A month?"

"Well, we'll break for, you know, water."

"I will be prepared."

"Good," she said, shifting under him.

"Shower?"

"Yes."

"And Hermione," he whispered.

"Yes?"

"This was very enjoyable. If I initially gave you a different impression that wasn't my intent. I was concerned for your wellbeing, nothing else."

"I know and I think so too."

She nibbled on her lower lip.

"What's wrong," he said, kissing her nose.

"You don't think I'm weird? Or slutty?"

"For asking me to meet you for the purposes of sex?"

"Well, that and wanting you to finish like that."

"No and no. Again, just surprised as it's not something I'd heard amongst the gossip from others regarding their activities. A little shocking my innocent witch would make such a request, but it aroused me. If I didn't want to I wouldn't have. As I told you, I'm quite sure there's nothing you could want I'd object to."

"Okay, I just worry. I get ideas," she shrugged.

"I look forward to the next idea."

"Me, too," she said with a giggle. "Now, let me up, Wizard."


The one thing she liked about it just being her and Harry, he was okay with a grilled cheese sandwich or something. Ron had expected things like rabbit stew and fish every night. Hermione just was not like Mrs. Weasley. Maybe with some practice and some notice that she'd have to be she could do better.

They were eating grilled cheese and tomato soup tonight, in fact.

"There's someone else involved with all of this, isn't there?" he asked, dipping his sandwich into his bowl of soup. The question was asked casually, but she knew he was serious and had been thinking about this for a while. It was how Harry worked. Many thought Harry wasn't smart. Hermione knew he was, he just liked to gather all of the facts before passing judgment.

"What?"

He shrugged. "You're different when you come back from wherever you go."

"Harry, I go to wash our clothes and the store for food."

"That's not all. I'm not accusing or anything. You're an adult and you aren't in a relationship with Ron as much as he may want it."

"It wouldn't work."

"I know that. You know that. I'm not sure Ron's caught up to us yet, though."

"Harry."

She wasn't sure how to get out of this conversation. She didn't want to outright lie to him. He cut her off though.

"You were ready, Hermione. As if you knew all of this," he said, gesturing to the locket he currently was wearing and the tent. "Was going to happen. I mean, I know your parents took you camping and stuff, but I really doubt you had reason to catch and cook a fish, rabbit, or whatever with them."

"It's my job, Harry, to ensure you survive so I prepared."

"If you say so," he said.

"I swear, Harry, I just wanted to be ready for anything."

"I never thought anything would be this."

Hermione wasn't sure what to say to that. She'd had a feeling. So had Severus.

"Do you think he'll come back?" Harry asked.

"I don't know how he could. I mean, we move every couple of days. How could he possibly? So I guess I'm not sure."

"I don't know. I wonder if he got home all right, or wherever he went. Do you think he'd endanger them by going home?"

"I don't know that either. There's so much about Ronald that is a mystery."

"I'm glad you're here," he said, extending his hand to her across the table. She took it and squeezed his affectionately.

"I'm glad you're here, too, Harry. There's no one else I'd want to be on the run with."

"I find that hard to believe."

"It's true."

"Have you checked in with your parents?"

"No," she said. "I figured it was better not to chance it."

Of course she couldn't, but Harry didn't know that yet.

"Just wondered. I don't have anyone to check in with. Do you think the Dursleys are in danger? I can't imagine they would be."

"I would assume not after we moved you from their house so obviously."

"I suppose. Is it wrong that while I don't wish them harm as I wouldn't anyone, but I truly don't really care?"

"No, Harry, that's not wrong. They treated you horribly. I'm sure that's not what your mum had in mind when she thought her sister would care for you."

"I'm not sure it was her decision. I think it was Dumbledore's," he shrugged. "It's just moments like this I realize I have no one."

She sighed softly. She wanted to tell him the truth, but knew she had to tell Severus first. If he found out she'd told Harry what she'd done to her parents before him he'd feel hurt, rightfully so. There just hadn't been time. Harry didn't need to know she no longer had anyone either. Not really. It wasn't going to change anything. She'd still had parents that she'd felt the need to alter their memories because she knew they were in danger through no fault of their own. She loved them, as Harry just pointed out he felt nothing like that for the Dursleys.

"I hope you'll feel like you can tell me one day."

She sighed softly, her eyes falling to the mark on her left ring finger. His did, too. He'd never mentioned noticing the mark now and not previously, but she knew he was able to see it.

"I hope so, too, Harry," she whispered.

His eyes met hers and he nodded simply. "I trust you."

"Good. And I trust you, too. I'd never do anything to hurt you."

"I know that. I love Ron, he's my best friend, but I don't know that about him. I do about you, though. You're more than that."

She smiled. He was right. Ron, while a good soul who meant well didn't always think.

"And I'm sorry," he said, blushing profusely as he took his hand back. "About earlier."

"Nothing to apologize for. I should've thought about it before barging in. It's perfectly natural and normal."

He nodded simply, seeming to be both relieved and glad that she understood. She certainly couldn't get mad at him for masturbating when it had led to her own very good orgasm.

He sighed heavily.

"I just wish this would all be over. I miss Ginny. I miss Hogwarts. I hate that you have to do my laundry and cook the majority of my meals."

"It's good practice," she said and they both laughed. She reached for his hand again, squeezing it. "Seriously, Harry. I understand, and so does Ginny. Or she will anyway."

He huffed.

"Maybe tomorrow I'll see about getting us some fish and chips."

"Really?" he brightened.

"Yeah," she said, trying to picture a place she could go to and where she'd be able to apparate to in that general vicinity. "Maybe not tomorrow. I need to think about a location," she said. He smirked at that, understanding that she wouldn't take any chances even for fish and chips.

"Will you read to me?" he asked.

"Absolutely," she said, brightening.

They were working their way through a book by the author who wrote the Kay Scarpetta novels Hermione enjoyed. She'd found a new one by her that was about a police officer set in Charlotte, North Carolina. Some nights he wasn't in the mood to be read to, but there was something about escaping together in the same story that appealed to them every other night or so now that it was just the two of them.

Return to Top

Part 16 | Part 18

Harry Potter Fandom Fan Fiction Index Page | Fan Fiction Index Page | Home
Send Feedback

Story ©Susan Matthews/APCKRFAN/PhantomRoses.com