***Chapter Six***

Ziggy woofed, stopping Harry and Hermione from discussing whether Harry should follow the doe they'd seen in the forest or not. He, of course, knew Harry Potter had to absolutely follow the doe. He'd sent it, and it was imperative he do so. He almost seemed as if he might listen to Hermione's argument against following the doe.

Who knew Harry had learned a lesson after Godric's Hollow?

He pounced at his mate's feet, tugging on the sleeve of her coat with a stifled "grr" that wasn't playful. She knew what those sounded like!

He whimpered then, dropping to the ground and rolling onto his back when he saw the glint in Hermione's eyes.

His witch was not happy.

At all.

"Fine, Harry. Be careful," she said.

He whimpered a bit, standing again when she clearly wasn't going to pet him. She always pet his belly when he presented it to her!

Ziggy rubbed against her thigh as she stood by the campsite perimeter, watching as Harry Potter left their campsite to follow the doe. His doe . He had to wonder what his patronus might be now. He highly doubted it would still be that . Interesting to think.

Usually she touched him when he pressed against her like this, but she didn't this time. Another sign she wasn't pleased.

Only problem? He didn't know why.

"You stay," she said and he whimpered as she went into the tent.

She'd never talked at him before as if he was a dog. Even that first day in her bedroom, she'd known. She'd always talked to him.

He laid down, staring at the tent. He whimpered. He gave soft howls.

She didn't come back out.

Why did she want him to stay out here?

She never wanted him to stay out here without her.

Slowly, he stood and trotted to the tent.

He found her in her bed, crying. Not an uncommon occurrence, though she did it far less now that she realized who he was he noticed. He went to her immediately to lick away the tears. Something he'd done quite a few times now. She cried more than Potter realized. She cried more than Ziggy would have thought!

"Get away from me!"

He whimpered, recoiling onto his haunches with a tilt of his head.

He didn't understand.

He tried again, nuzzling his cheek against the arm that was by the edge of the bed.

"How can I be your mate?"

He whimpered, tilting his head more so he could rub the side of his face against her arm. She jerked a bit, but didn't pull away. He didn't understand the question. He truly didn't. What was she going on about? From what Severus had told him, she had accepted, scented that he was hers the night she'd completed her animagus training.

That meant she accepted him, too.

He licked her arm.

"Stop it! I had sex with you !"

He whimpered again. Was she regretting that? He couldn't say it wasn't an unexpected turn a day or so after the fact. He'd expected some sort of negative reaction out of her when she woke up the next morning, realizing what she'd done truth be told. What she'd allowed him to do. To allow all of him, including his knot, inside of her.

It hadn't come.

So why now? Why tonight?

He backed away from the bed. She obviously wasn't going to tell him what was bothering her. He snorted, circling a bit before finding a spot on the other side of her door and lying in front of it.

He knew what night this was. He knew what the doe would lead to.

Harry would return with Gryffindor's sword soon. And Ronald Weasley.

The locket would finally be destroyed.

He felt … awful he never had worn it. She wouldn't let him.

Her sobs on the other side of the door hurt him. He had no idea what they were about.

Women.

He was a dog!

What could he possibly have done to cause her to be this upset with him? And she was mad. He could … smell that on her. Mad and hurt. All he'd done was ensure she realized Harry needed to follow the doe.

That he was supposed to go. This time he was not being unreasonable.



She hadn't spoken to him in three days.

She hadn't answered Severus in that same amount of time either.

So, evidently whatever was wrong extended to both versions of himself.

The locket had been destroyed.

He left then when Harry and Ron were outside and Hermione was in the tent.

"Did something happen between them?" he heard Weasley ask. "Did he bite her or something?"

"I don't think so. He goes off on his own sometimes."

"Yeah, but he's been sleeping outside of her room the last couple of nights."

"Has he?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, I've noticed when I go to the bathroom or kitchen. And he looks sad. You know how dogs get that look in their eyes?"

"I hadn't noticed," Harry said. Ziggy knew Harry's eyes were on him as he padded further away from their current campsite.

He arrived at Hogwarts, making his way to his quarters. They had a system now that Phineas' portrait was moved in here. When Ziggy showed up, Phineas visited Dippet's portrait to "catch up on the daily news". He usually complained about the boredom of being delegated to Severus' quarters while in there as well. There were sometimes brags in there, too, that the current headmaster who was a Slytherin wanted the former Slytherin close to him.

Severus insisted Albus seemed to be buying it. (And that was the main portrait both Severus' were most concerned about being suspicious.)

"Did something go wrong?" Severus asked once he'd changed into his bullmastiff form. "Did the sword not work?"

"No," he said with a resolute sigh. "The sword was gotten. The locket was destroyed."

"That's good, isn't it? Did it happen differently than before or something?"

"No."

"So, what's the problem?"

"I don't know. She's … mad."

"What?"

"Have you not noticed she hasn't spoken to you since you delivered the sword?"

"Well, yes but I assumed that she was catching up with Weasley, or that his return altered the time she was assigned watch. As you know, I'm a little busy here. I knew you'd come find me eventually."

"She doesn't let me near her anymore."

"What?"

He whimpered. "She let me… We were…" He huffed. "We had sex."

Silence.

He wasn't sure if his younger self was surprised by that revelation. Upset. A combination of both. He really had no idea, and in this form he wasn't good at interpreting him.

"Well, if she transformed that would not be unexpected…"

"No, she hadn't."

Silence again.

"Really?"

"Really. Shortly after the Godric's Hollow debacle."

"Don't even get me started on the absolute stupidity of them doing it. And you allowed her to…"

"To what? Go with her best friend. You're right, it was incredibly stupid. As if we haven't made mistakes! Bear in mind, not only did I know that they were almost caught but that they got away. However, Harry and Hermione being separated would not do. He was going to go with or without her. He did seem to learn his lesson, because he almost listened to her about not going after our doe."

His younger self seemed to think on this, nodding his head with a woof softly in acknowledgement of him understanding what he'd said.

"I expected reproach, scolding afterward but it never came."

"But now she won't let you near her?"

"No. After Harry left to retrieve the sword, she told me to stay outside while she went inside the tent. I stayed out for a while, but eventually joined her and she yelled at me to stay away. She was crying and asked how she could be our mate."

"She doesn't believe she is any longer?"

"She hasn't said. She hasn't talked to or touched me, and that's unusual. She's talked to me since I first appeared in her bedroom in July."

"We're not wrong."

"No," he said. "One of us could perhaps have been misguided, but not both of us."

"And she kissed me quite enthusiastically the night of her first transformation."

She had? He did not know that. He saw them touch, so presumed Severus had explained to her that they were mates.

"You did not tell me that."

"And you've told me everything that's occurred between you? I highly doubt that."

"What are we going to do?"

"I don't know. I haven't lived with the witch for essentially seven months. That's you. Get her to change so that you can talk to her."

"I have tried. She won't. I have tried changing back and cannot."

He huffed. "I cannot risk being seen with Potter and Weasley there."

"You could go as me. Ziggy, I mean."

"And what makes you think she'll treat me any differently?"

"I don't know. Maybe you'll notice something I didn't."

"Tell me everything. Preferably the non-explicit version."

And he did, from the moment they'd had sex to the moment he noticed the change in her before Harry left the campsite.

"Would she follow you to me, do you think?"

"I do not know at this point. She seems quite upset. I came here because I truly do not know what to do. I'm out of my element."

"As if I'm any more of an expert in relationships and … feelings ."

"No, obviously neither of us are, but you can at least talk to her as a human, I cannot."

"Can you get both of the wizards away from camp?"

"Possibly." He huffed with a low growl as he thought about that. Shaking his head, he reconsidered his answer. "Doubtful, honestly. Harry stays put for the most part. Ronald is, rightly so, not doing anything yet to rock the boat."

"When was the last time you tried transforming?"

"As I told you mere moments ago, I attempted to today," he said.

"All right, forgive me for missing that part while trying to wrap my mind around her wanting us like that," he said, shifting back to his human form. "Give me a few minutes and I'll go with you. Her being mad at you will not affect change."

I would like to prevent her from being kidnapped and tortured in a few months' time, yes.

Of course, Severus didn't catch that thought.

He did, in fact, only take a few minutes. That was good. He hoped that was reflective of his younger self's concern at this turn in things.

It was cumbersome but they managed to apparate together. He was used to doing it with Hermione by now. Two Severus, both used to being in control. Well, it was an adjustment. Severus disillusioned himself as soon as they got where Ziggy indicated they should be.

He gave a woof before darting off in the direction of their camp.

He found Hermione in the kitchen. She barely glanced in his direction. He hadn't realized until now he had a heart to hurt. Who knew at this age he could still learn? And to feel … things. It was so odd. He spent so long occluding, something he did not have to do in this form, that he had forgotten what it was like. He couldn't say right now he liked it.

He padded up to her anyway, grabbing onto her sweater's sleeve and tugging. He had to get her to come with him. He had to get her to talk to his younger self.

"What?" She didn't hiss at him, but she was still not pleased with him.

He gave a low growl. Whatever she was mad about, he had done nothing wrong, and he knew that.

"I think he wants to show you something," Weasley said.

"I was just about to…"

"Go on. It seems pretty urgent. Harry and I can handle tea."

Who knew Weasley would help him?! Or was Weasley trying to gain her affections by helping her more than he had before leaving? He'd be in for a rude awakening, finding out she had not one but, in actuality, two mates.

"Fine," she murmured. She got her coat and followed Ziggy outside. "This had better be good." She followed him, though. Probably, she thought he was needing to show her something.

Her eyes widened when she saw Severus, standing on the porch of a rather dilapidated looking cabin they had found. There was no firewood, but it would protect them from the elements while they talked. Ziggy nudged her toward his human self. She stepped onto the porch, but retained space between both of them.

"He brought you here?"

"He did. He is concerned for your well being, and says you won't change to allow him to communicate with you."

"Well, I renounce being your mate. Both of you. There's obviously been a mistake. So take him."

He gave a low growl at that. What was she talking about?

"I do not believe that's possible, Hermione."

"Well, I say so, so it is now. Take him back with you, and neither of you will have to worry about me again."

His human self gave an exasperated sounding huff.

"Of course we are going to worry. Admittedly, he more than I due to our difference in proximity and … closeness to you. Where is this coming from?"

She turned on her heel, facing away from him and Ziggy growled softly. He thought she was going to leave the porch.

"Just leave me alone! Both of you!"

"That is impossible. You have been intimate with him. He cannot undo that."

Was that what she was upset about? There was a thought that hadn't occurred to him. He had much to learn, he realized, about actual sex but he thought he had pleased her. He had learned and acclimated to her needs and wants over the past months. Certainly, she'd realize there was a learning curve for actual penetration, too.

"But he can love someone else?"

Ziggy whimpered as his younger self scowled at him as if he'd done something wrong. He had not! He shook his head in answer to his younger self as to what she was implying. There was no one else.

"He doesn't. I assure you."

"I don't believe you."

"Why not?"

"The patronus you sent Harry. It was him. You. It had to be, that's how he knew Harry needed to follow it."

"Yes," his younger self said.

"His father's was a stag. It doesn't take a huge leap to come up with his mum's being a doe. Patronuses can do that, I've heard. Several times while I've been in the library, I heard Madam Pince talking about you and Lily spending all of your free time in the library when you were students before you two had a falling out and she got together with James. She was trying to explain to people why you hated Harry so much. I never particularly cared nor needed to know what kind of falling out you had. I've heard her and Professor Flitwick talk about someone not James being in love with Lily. And whatever that had to do with Harry. I never quite put it together, because it didn't matter. I knew He Who Must Not Be Named wasn't in love with Lily. So it just wasn't important. It was just gossip, and I had no time for that. Until seeing that doe the other night! And I know it was yours. I've never heard of friends having similar patronuses. So that means you loved her. Still love her if you're casting the same patronus twenty years later. And I had sex with him! He did that knowing…"

Oh. She really was quite clever, wasn't she? Ziggy never imagined anyone being jealous with regard to him.

"Ah," his human self said.

"Ah! That's all you're going to say. Really, Severus!"

"Well, I was not intimate with you, so your anger at me is perhaps slightly misplaced. However, I will not lie to you. Yes, I had a past with Lily Evans. Yes, I thought I was in love with her once upon a time. Yes, any positive memory in my life is tied to her and our friendship. I've had very few good memories with or without her, certainly after our friendship ended I have less than few. Those memories are what I am able to use to call one up. So, therefore, my patronus was the same as hers. I don't cast patronuses often."

"Because you're a spy. Because you wouldn't be able to if you were truly a death eater."

"That is the rumour," he said and Ziggy yipped with a growl.

Now was not the time to be coy.

She thinks we still love the other witch, you imbecile. She is telling me to go back with you! I cannot assist in keeping her safe from Hogwarts!

Severus sighed, seeming to understand the point he was trying to make.

"Fine. You are, of course, correct in your theory. Is that better, Ziggy?"

"Woof."

"I don't presume to think you haven't done anything in your life, but that hurt."

"I can imagine that it did. I apologize anything we did in this war hurt you. I am not practiced in relationships or having to account for another's feelings when I do or say things. Perhaps if it had been him casting the patronus," Severus said, gesturing to Ziggy. "Maybe it would be something else after he has spent time with you. I, however, have no memories of personal time with you other than one kiss we shared. As nice as that kiss was, it was not enough for me to call up my patronus. I needed it to be as corporeal as possible so that he would follow it."

Ziggy yipped, brushing his head along her hand.

"He cares for you deeply, Hermione. I cannot say the same, as I have not been with you as often or for as long as he has."

"So he didn't regret that I'm not her?"

Ziggy growled then. Absolutely not. The thought never even occurred to him. In fact, he hadn't really thought of Lily much since … Well, he couldn't remember the last time, honestly.

"I am certain that he does not. I do not love her any longer, Hermione. As he is the one who informed me who you are to us, I can only presume he doesn't either. That he didn't start again in my near future. I knew a long time ago that I did not. That does not mean that I do not still value the only friend I ever had, or feel guilt for my part in her not being here to raise her son. I do believe him being stuck in our animagus form allowed him to accept you as our mate much easier than I would have. Or would have if he'd been in his human form."

"Woof," Ziggy said. Absolutely right.

"Why?"

"Because you are twenty years younger than us! You are, not at Hogwarts this year or not, still supposed to be a student I am in charge of."

"Yes, well, I didn't choose you either."

"Those were not insults, Hermione. Merely facts as to why I, and likely he, would have not accepted you as our mate as easily as he did. You cared for him, which went a long way toward him accepting that. You two have been together for months. I was not awake or aware of your assistance with my injuries, so do not have the same … bond. As to Lily, yes at one time, I'd convinced myself I loved her. The few positive memories I have involve her. It does not mean I, or Ziggy, wish to be with anyone but our mate now that we know we have one and she is within our grasp."

Silence.

Severus stepped toward her, cupping her cheek as Ziggy brushed against her hip. She was listening. He could feel and smell that she was no longer angry.

"I took you to complete your training, knowing you would become aware of what we are. I would have told Ziggy no if I didn't want you to know."

Ziggy watched rather fascinated as he scented before it happened that his younger self kissed their witch. He tried to hold back the growl, but it still came out some.

Until she slid her hand to his head.

Oh! She was touching him again.

Severus' hand met hers at his ears and he gave a low yip in response.

"I must return. My departure was unplanned so I cannot be gone much longer. Do know, Hermione, you are our mate. No one else could be that. We would die for you."

"I don't want either of you to do that."

"I hope that it doesn't come to that. Follow his lead. He knows things, and is trying to help you. Like wearing the locket!"

"I didn't feel right letting him do that. Or explaining to Harry after all of these months that he's an animagus not just a dog. And thank you."

"Thank you. I have never had a witch jealous before." He kissed her again, brushing his lips over her cheek to her ear. "The next time it happens, I will show you that you are the only witch we need."

Ziggy pressed his nose against her crotch, scenting the arousal that his words caused. So what she said next wasn't completely unexpected.

"Promise?"

"Promise. However, please do not get jealous unnecessarily."

She smirked.

"We are okay? All three of us?" he asked.

"Yes, it was just the next day …"

"I understand, and hate that we caused you pain or doubt. I look forward to replacing those memories with new ones."

"Was yours a doe?"

Ziggy woofed.

"Would it be now?"

He panted with a shake of his head. He had no idea. He very highly doubted it. Being in this witch's mouth and mating with her were memories he would call up over most anything else. Never mind just spending time with her. She talked to him about everything. She trusted him.

"I suspect the closeness that you two have forged, intimate or not, would be far more powerful as memories than anything I could have even dreamt of happening with Lily twenty years ago. I need to go. Do Weasley and Potter ever leave you alone?"

"Not usually. Why?"

"I was thinking I could come visit you if they were occupied elsewhere on Wednesday night. Or perhaps you could get away with Ziggy and meet me back here?"

Ziggy wagged his tail enthusiastically. He liked that idea. He liked that his younger self suggested it. 

"Tell them you're going out for supplies. I will ensure that I have some to give you."

"I could make it work."

"Much earlier than ten o'clock I run the risk of my absence being called into question. I've laid the groundwork with the Carrows and him that I might have found a muggle to seek my release with."

"What?"

"I had to explain my absence when we went to Brazil. I was gone for hours, Hermione. That is not normal for me."

"I understand."

"There is no muggle, just to be clear. So, if you hear rumours of such…"

"I will refrain from jumping to conclusions."

"It will be appreciated."

He stooped then, petting Ziggy along his face and ears who woofed in response.

"Take care of our witch."

"Woof!"

Did he think he'd do anything but?

"Be careful. Both of you," he said as he stood. He regarded their mate then.

"You, too," Hermione said before he apparated away. She changed then, nuzzling the side of his neck under his mouth with the top of her head.

"If I could have warned you that was coming I would have, but I had no idea you would put snippets of overheard conversations together with my, his, patronus."

"I overreacted."

"Given what we'd just done, not completely uncalled for. However, I would not do that. I cannot say what I would have done at this time if I'd discovered you were my mate. However, the timing was … opportune and you had my undivided attention. I could have chosen to leave at any time after my wounds were healed enough. I visited myself more than once, I didn't have to return to you."

"You almost died," she said, brushing her cheek against his neck, throat, and upper leg where the scarring was.

"Yes."

"You were sent to me," she whispered.

"I was. I was aiming for him. Evidently, someone or something thought my help was required elsewhere."

Silence as she licked his neck and cheek.

"You need to ensure Potter doesn't say his name, Hermione. He's going to in a couple of months…"

"Okay. I'll work on reminding him."

He huffed.

"I will try to get my other self to aid in rescuing those held at Malfoy Manor."

"What?"

"Miss Lovegood soon, if not already, is a captive. Mr. Ollivander, a goblin. And Mr. Thomas is there, too."

"God help them. And we can't do anything?"

"You can work with me. The other me and come up with a plan. I can tell you how Potter instigated your rescue, which is how the others were freed."

"Me!?"

"Yes, you, which is why I'm telling you to ensure he knows not to say that name."

"I see. And what would happen to you?"

"I do not know. My instinct would be to defend you, but likely I would go to the other me to work on a plan to free you. Or be a dunderhead and go to Malfoy Manor myself, I do not know," he murmured.

"Can't we just send someone to rescue them?"

"We can, yes. However, there is a question of timing. I know that doesn't sound very … empathetic. And I feel like Albus saying so. However, setting them free will most certainly throw him into a tizzy, to put it mildly. He was furious then, when you all escaped I mean. Many were punished. I'd like to avoid that if possible, because his ire is not necessarily a good thing. I will think on it. I promise."

"Oh," she said.

"I can work with my younger self on a rescue, however, it should not be done until we are ready, because he will look at everyone for the traitor. And likely up his snatcher crews in an effort to find you. So when we do this, you must promise me to exercise caution."

"I understand."

"And, Hermione, something I do not know if my younger self has realized yet. I can't remember when I actually put the pieces together. I knew Harry had to die."

"Okay? I mean, we all know he wants to kill him."

"I think he has to. Kill him, I mean, to complete all of this. I believe that Harry is a horcrux."

"What?"

"I did not know of horcruxes until the day I came back to you. You told me about them, actually. That you. I did know it was Albus' expectation that Harry would be killed by the Dark Lord. If I'm correct, which I believe I am as I know things now that I did not a year ago. Albus was very … vague about things. Bastard. I think if I knew then what I know now I would have been able to cast the killing curse much easier."

"Don't say that."

"I am not serious and yet." He huffed.

"I know. I just don't like hearing you say that."

"Do not do that again, Hermione. I am at a huge disadvantage. I cannot communicate with you unless you are in this form. If you had changed and spoken to me I could have explained. I come into this woefully unprepared and inexperienced at interpersonal relationships as a whole."

"I'm not swimming in experience either."

"Yes, well, your friendship with Potter, Weasley, Lovegood, and Longbottom is stronger than anything I've ever had. You come from a good home, something completely foreign to me. My point is, this is new. To all of us. I do not yet know if I will be able to change back into my human form."

"And if you can't?"

"Would that bother you?"

She gave a yip and nipped at his neck.

"Obviously, it hasn't until now."

It was a good answer. He wondered, if they got out of this and it was the three of them, she would feel the same way.

"Shall we head back to camp?"

"Sure," she said. It took her a moment to change back, but she was getting smoother and faster each time.

He walked at her side proudly. They'd gotten through their first argument. He never would have dreamt Irma gossiped about him. Who knew?



It was after ten o'clock when they returned to the cabin on Wednesday. He went in first to ensure it was safe, finding just his younger self already inside before Hermione joined them. They'd moved campsites by now, but he and Hermione were, obviously (and cautiously) able to apparate back.

"Before I get distracted," Severus said. "Here is Ziggy's bag of your necessities."

"Thank you," Hermione said.

"You are welcome," he said. "So, here is my New Year's wish," he said, sliding a hand to Hermione's cheek. She sighed softly and Ziggy gave a low growl. Himself or not, it was going to take some getting used to … seeing someone else touch her. "I'd like the three of us to spend time in our animagus forms."

"Really?" she asked. He could sense that wasn't what she was expecting. What had she been expecting?

"It is not something I get to do often, certainly lately. Doing it alone seemed," his human self shrugged here. "Rather pointless."

Ziggy yipped.

He liked that idea. He knew exactly what he meant, too. He was a loner by nature, but there was always something about being in this form in particular that made him wish he had someone with him. He never thought he'd be interested in frolicking, but this form was made for doing so.

Severus shifted first. Their mate took a moment to look at and pet both of them. Ziggy supposed she'd never really gotten to see his younger self in this form with time to take him in. Neither wizard minded the attention. Finally, she transformed. She rubbed her cheek against first Ziggy and then Severus, licking both of them. The three of the bullmastiffs bolted outdoors. None of them seemed to care that it was cold, or that there was snow on the ground.

The war. Snatchers. And whatever else was weighing on their minds. For a little while, all of that drifted to the back of their minds as they chased and pounced and sniffed to their hearts' content. They found fallen branches and chewed, tugged, and played. They smelled rabbits and other critters and gave chase, halfheartedly as none of them were really of the mind to hunt currently.

More than just a couple of times, Ziggy and Severus got chippy with one another when one got too close to Hermione and the other didn't seem to appreciate it. She would diffuse the situation. It was the first time the three of them had been together like this. She seemed to understand the two males in her life were trying to figure out the workings of a threesome when both males in the equation were not only the same male (more or less) but also saw her as their mate.

Ziggy thought, as they eventually returned to the cabin they'd started out in, that she was well chosen if this was their end, the older Severus never able to change out of his animagus form. She knew they were both possessive and wanted their mate. She capably let them know she would not let either of them get away with any alpha posturing. She wasn't going to bow or be subservient to either of them.

She was the first to change back into her human form and both male bullmastiffs encouraged her to come back to the floor. She sat then, petting them both.

"I hate to say that I'm glad you have your scars," she said, petting him. "I wouldn't be able to tell you two apart without them."

He gave a woof and licked her cheek, finding her ear before settling for her neck. He nipped and licked a spot he knew she was fond of his attentions. Severus was watching.

"She truly gets aroused by that." He heard Severus say to him. She wouldn't hear him, of course. Obviously, he doubted Ziggy on the witch enjoying what they'd done. He would if he was in his younger self's position.

He yipped.

Severus, still in his animagus form, brushed against her arm. She touched him then to which he gave a woof. Ziggy couldn't help but give a huff in amusement before Severus started nuzzling against Ziggy's ear licking him there.

She evidently liked him doing that. A lot. She didn't say so, but she didn't need to. For either of them, as Severus evidently realized that, too.

A brush of magic neither of them was responsible for, so it had to be her, resulted in her top being removed.

Ziggy for his part nuzzled a breast before swiping it with his tongue. He wouldn't say he was good at this by now, but she'd never corrected anything he did, so he took that as he pleased her. He wanted the experience to get better than good.

Severus on the other hand, started to back away. Ziggy lifted his head, regarding his younger self.

"Where are you going?"

"We have not… She is used to you … She would not want…"

Ziggy huffed.

"She removed her top. With both of us here. I didn't do that. She has two breasts, Severus. If you walk away from her, from this, from our mate. Well, you are a bigger fool than I gave you credit for."

Severus gave a low whimper. "You are stuck in this form. I am not."

"Yes," Ziggy said, nuzzling against first one breast and then the other.

Severus changed back then, settling his hand on Ziggy's back, seated on the floor beside him. Their witch evidently hadn't noticed yet as her eyes were closed. Ziggy returned his attentions to her breasts. Fuck, he could do this all night he was pretty sure. It wasn't the first time since their relationship took this turn he'd thought this. Never mind that she was willing to do this with him , but that she was willing to with him in this form.

He gave a low growl, stifling it at the last minute when he saw the tip of a very familiar-looking finger follow the path of his tongue, circling her nipple which caused their witch to gasp. Ziggy was watching her so saw her eyes fly open.

Ziggy backed away with a soft whimper.

"Where are you going?" Severus asked.

He bowed his head slightly.

"Did Hermione or I tell you to go?"

He whimpered again with a soft woof. Well, no, they hadn't. He just presumed he wouldn't be included. Why would either of them need him if they had one another?

"As you say, she has two breasts." It was their witch's turn to whimper, but not from uncertainty. She seemed to like that idea.

Together they licked and nipped. Severus was able to suck and mark, which both she and Severus seemed to like. She also seemed to like the one or two times the tips of their tongues met along her cleavage from the side of the breast they were focusing on. She liked that a lot actually, Ziggy could tell.

He slid down, licking and nipping at her torso, giving a low woof so that Severus would join him. He pawed at the fastener on her jeans with a whimper to which Severus worked it undone.

"Hermione," he whispered, his hand at either hip just short of pulling them down.

She lifted her head a bit, looking at him.

"You are okay with us doing this."

"God, yes," she whispered and he chuckled, sliding her jeans down her legs and off. Ziggy noticed a blush on his human self's face, too. He wasn't certain Hermione noticed.

It took a bit of manoeuvring, and patience, for them both to be able to taste her. Well, that is to say that Ziggy just had to allow someone else to do it. He did not want to. It went against everything inside of him to allow someone else to be that intimate with his mate. Eventually, slower than it probably should have, the realization sunk in that Severus had never done this before and Ziggy pulled back some, licking her thigh and hip instead, allowing his human self to taste and explore.

With a wave of her hand, Severus' clothes were removed causing the wizard to gasp at the unexpected turn in things.

"Ziggy," she whimpered and he could tell by the lilt to her voice and the flush along her skin that she was close to finishing. He was more than just casually acquainted with her various states of arousal by now. He moved so he was near her face, licking her cheek and neck. She touched him then, sliding her hand along his head and over his muzzle and ears.

She leaned up a bit, finding his ear.

"Help him finish," she whispered.

He glanced from her to Severus and back to her. He tilted his head. What was she asking him? It seemed as if he was doing that quite well.

"Not me, he's doing just fine with that."

Ziggy gave a woof, understanding what she wanted now, and moved beside Severus. He nudged his human self with his nose to shift a bit. He did as prompted without question, which Ziggy could probably attribute to the fact he was very focused on his tongue being nestled in her cunt at the moment.

Somewhere in the back of his mind, there was doubt whether he should be doing this. Essentially licking himself. That could be said about his entire relationship with Hermione from the moment he'd landed in her bedroom though.

With that in mind, and the fact she'd asked him to do it, he manoeuvered his head so that he could lick the human version of his younger self's cock. He was expecting a reaction out of Severus. Who wouldn't react to a tongue licking them? He was not expecting her to finish as soon as he'd done it. The scent of her arousal was heavy in the air as he swiped Severus' cock with his tongue again, causing the wizard to groan and pull his face from tasting their witch's orgasm.

Severus came as the third swipe of his tongue swirled around the head of his cock, grazing the tip. He tasted … different in this form. He'd tasted his ejaculate before when she'd finished him off with her hand or she let him lick her mouth after she'd swallowed his cum. He'd even very thoroughly and enjoyably licked her cunt clean the other night when she'd let him inside of her.

He licked his younger self's cock clean, giving a stifled woof when he let Ziggy know he was too sensitive for any more attention at the moment.

Eventually, Hermione moved, dislodging Severus so he was underneath her and did what she'd done to him back in the summer. She touched every inch of him. She seemed to like doing that as a way to get to know them. Ziggy hadn't complained, and he doubted Severus would either.

Ziggy moved between her legs from behind, licking her clit and cunt about the time she slid her mouth over Severus' cock. All three of them groaned within seconds of one another. Ziggy for his part, enjoying the taste of her this aroused. When she finished, coating his tongue and muzzle with her essence, he howled.

Eventually, he nudged her up further along Severus' body. She caught on to what he was prompting her to do before Severus did it seemed. He licked Severus' mouth as she worked her hand along his length, letting him taste her from his tongue and muzzle. Severus' eyes flew open when their witch planted herself over the tip of his cock. Ziggy licked his jaw and neck before drawing away. He wanted to see her take him into her, and had no doubt Severus was equally interested in watching her do that.

He had no idea what they said to one another. Something about verifying she'd been taking the contraceptive potions he provided her. He wasn't paying attention. Instead, he was watching her. Them. Her hair falling over her shoulders in a very appealing way. Her breasts looking very inviting as she moved over his cock. The outer lips of her cunt clinging to the head of his cock when she lifted herself almost completely off of him. The cock in question glistened from her arousal, and his no doubt.

He dipped his head, timing a swipe of his tongue with her lifting herself to the tip of his cock.

"Fuck, Ziggy," Severus hissed when his tongue wrapped around his shaft for a moment before drawing away, allowing her to slide herself all the way down onto him again.

He huffed when his younger self groaned out, body tightening as he finished inside of their mate timed with her cunt being just over the head of his cock. This meant he could see some of his spend dripping along the length of his cock. Ziggy licked him clean, whimpering a bit as he was well and truly aroused and wanting release. He wasn't sure what the rules would be now.

She slid off of Severus' cock after a few minutes but didn't move and he whimpered again. She shook her head, patting one of her incredible arse cheeks. "Come on, Ziggy," she whispered.

"Should I move?" Severus said.

"No," she said. She knelt over him and Ziggy trotted up behind her. He was able to slide into her without any difficulty this time. He wasn't sure if it was the extra lubrication or just that he had a better idea this time of what he was doing. Either way, he was in and thrusting in and out of his mate.

"Kiss me, Severus," he heard her murmur and his younger self did exactly that. Good wizard. Severus' hands cupped her arse, seeming to know exactly the amount of … friction Ziggy wanted. Nay needed, in order to tie with her. He let out a guttural sounding huff when he'd planted his cock all the way inside of her so that he was knotted with her again, feeling her tight around him as she gripped all of him.

"Sorry," he heard Hermione murmur to Severus. "Did I draw blood?"

Severus scoffed. "No. Even if you had, I wouldn't complain. We can heal it later."

Ziggy yipped. No scent of blood had come into play, so he knew she had not. She must have bitten his tongue when he started pumping inside of her once he'd tied with her.

"Fuck, yes, Hermione," Severus said.

Ziggy realized then she was rubbing herself against the length of his cock while Ziggy was inside of her. He didn't last much longer this time once he'd tied with her as the first time. He took the time while unable to pull out of her to lick and give nips along her back, shoulders, and neck. Severus seemed as equally exploratory in touching and kissing where on her he could reach.

"You don't think I'm weird?" he heard her ask. She'd asked him that the other night, too. Was this whole situation weird? Well, yes. Was she weird? No.

"Weird?"

She shrugged and Ziggy whimpered. His younger self better not fuck this up.

"If he were not a wizard stuck in his animagus form I would perhaps feel differently. However, he is me, you are my mate. His mate. That you are accepting of him in this form, in any capacity, from an intimate standpoint is not weird. To some it might be thought to be. We are not them, and to anyone else he will be Ziggy. Dogs sleep with their humans all of the time."

Ziggy howled.

"I'm not suggesting you're just a dog, Ziggy. Merely stating that no one should find it that out of the ordinary that we sleep with you."

"There's a we?" she asked.

"Cheeky witch, you think there's not going to be?"

"No, I really don't know what to think these days."

Ziggy howled again. He did not like to hear his witch talk like that. He couldn't blame her necessarily, but that didn't mean he liked it. Severus cupped her cheek with one hand, his other still clutching her arse cheek.

"You will survive this. He says that you do. Clearly, I do as well. We will survive this, and there will definitely be a we. The three of us will have to figure it out."

"Was this okay?"

"I certainly have no complaints."

She glanced over her shoulder at him. He had no idea what she thought he'd complain about.

"You're okay being in me after he has been?"

Oh.

"Woof." Fuck was he. Had he just acted as if he minded at all?

"And you're not going to get jealous that he's with me all of the time?" This was to Severus.

"That implies I'm not already. Jealous may be too strong of a word. Envious, certainly. We will have time to make up for it later."

"I'm glad that you think so."

"His presence makes me believe that, yes."

"I can see that."

"Work with Mr. Potter to avoid saying his name. Ziggy has informed me of people being held at Malfoy Manor. I will try to come up with a way to get those being held out without altering too much. I don't believe it should be me, which ties my hands some. We can't have him doubting my loyalty. On this, Albus was correct. From what Ziggy has told me, he truly did not. I don't think we want the goblin indebted to me either. He'll likely run then, thinking I will torture him. Or ask him to get the goblins to side with the Dark Lord."

"Thank you," she whispered. "We don't have to leave yet, do we?"

"Soon. I cannot be gone overlong, nor should the two of you be. It's New Year's Eve, I think Messrs Potter and Weasley would be suspect if you chose to ring in 1998 without them."

"You're probably right," she whispered.

"I did not invite you to meet me expecting sex, between any of the three of us. My thought was a bit of the evening together. Given your reaction to my patronus, I think I would have chosen to wait to have sex until we are actually able to be in the same place."

"Yes, well, are you complaining?"

He scoffed and Ziggy nuzzled against her shoulder blade.

"No, just that I don't want any … feelings to come into play aimed toward me. I cannot assist you if Ziggy stays away."

"I know," she said.

"This is new to me…"

"I know that, too."

He glared at her and Ziggy yipped.

"I mean, I guess I don't know, and I wasn't implying that your performance told me you are. It's just Ziggy told me he hadn't."

"Ziggy did that?"

"He did."

"Do I have any secrets left, Ziggy?"

"Woof."

"It doesn't bother me. I mean, clearly," she said.

"Men do not like to…"

"We can learn together. All three of us." She leaned in then, finding his ear. "I really liked him licking you." She didn't attempt to whisper or be discreet with the comment, so Ziggy heard her just fine.

"I admittedly liked it as well."

Ziggy woofed his confirmation of enjoyment as well.

"Good," she murmured, kissing his neck. "Can the muggle woman mark you," she asked, nipping his skin there.

Ziggy woofed.

"I think it would go a long way toward making the Carrows believe I was gone for that purpose, yes."

"Excellent answer, Severus," she whispered, seeming to go ahead and start doing exactly that.

Return to Top

Part 5 | Part 7

Harry Potter Fandom Fan Fiction Index Page | Fan Fiction Index Page | Home
Send Feedback

Story ©Susan Falk/APCKRFAN/PhantomRoses.com