**Part Two**

Buffy couldn't believe this was actually happening. It was Willow's suggestion she invite Giles to take a trip with her. It had seemed like such a lame idea, but it looked like she'd have to thank Willow. It appeared all she and Giles needed was some time alone without training new slayers and rebuilding the Council constantly on their minds.

She had tried a time or two in London to talk to him, but he seemed so distant. She'd ask him why later. Tonight, she didn't want to worry about it. It seemed like they were finally on the same page. She wanted to keep it that way. The best part, they had a few days left of their trip. She hoped they could establish something good in that time.

She wasn't surprised when she started to take her coat off to find Giles behind her, ready to do it for her. He was a gentleman in every sense of the word. She couldn't believe the opportunity had fallen into her lap like it had tonight. If they hadn't run into those friends of his she had no idea if she'd have gotten brave enough to take the first step.

"Did I mention how lovely you look tonight?"

"I think earlier, but you're welcome to say it again."

"Yes, good, well, you do."

"So do you."

She still couldn't believe this was happening. She sat on his bed, kicking off the heels she wore. She could practically hear her feet sighing in relief. She watched as he took his coat off once he'd hung hers up. This was followed by his suit coat and then his tie. He rolled up his shirtsleeves and came to sit next to her.

"I had no idea."

"Oh God, I tried to tell you. I just couldn't say the right words."

"How long?"

"Forever."

"Buffy."

"It seems like forever. I think I realized it when you came back to Sunnydale with the potentials. I was more upset than I realized at the idea that you might be the First. Which meant, of course, you'd have been dead. And then when I did my wandering Buffy thing I kept seeing your face places I wasn't looking for it."

"I wish I could say I am sorry."

"I'm not. I'm just sorry it took me this long to tell you. Willow told me I was a chicken."

"Willow knows?"

"Yes. I wasn't sure, you know? At first I was just confused and talked to her, hoping it would clear things up. And then I just got more and more frustrated I couldn't seem to get through to you."

He raised a hand to her face, stroking her hair before cupping her cheek. He kissed her. Her eyes fell closed at the brief contact. It was the faintest touch of his lips to hers but it packed a punch.

"I could apologize for being dense."

"Mm, you could make it up to me."

"I could, eh?"

"Yeah." She stood from the bed then.

"Where are you going?"

She turned as she reached for the zipper at her side, showing him what she was doing.

"Buffy, I don't expect."

"Giles, it's not like you just picked me up in a bar or something. I know what I'm doing."

"Very well. If you're sure then by all means, please continue."

She laughed softly, it was really more of a nervous giggle. Disrobing in front of someone wasn't a common occurrence for her. She couldn't remember the last time she'd done it. If ever. She leaned toward him and kissed him. The gown she'd taken great care to pick out for just such a night fell to her feet in a pool of silk. She needed the contact with him, to know that he really was into her.

She slid onto his lap and began unbuttoning his shirt as she deepened the kiss. He seemed unsure of exactly what to do, which touched her. She reached for one of his hands, sliding it to her lace-covered breast. He hissed softly against her mouth and she smiled that she could cause him to react that way.

She had dressed earlier with this in mind. She had no way of knowing for sure things would end this way. She held onto hope, though. A romantic dinner and dancing had set the stage. She wasn't about to let the situation that had fallen into her lap pass. Giles seemed to be in agreement.

His hands moved along her body eagerly as she slid his shirt over his shoulders and off. He wasn't clumsy or overbearing when he touched her. She found how he made her feel perfect. It was a combination of worship, awe, and experience. Buffy loved it and only hoped she could come close to making him feel the same way.

She had to stop kissing him for the amount of time it took her to slide his undershirt over his head and off. She drew away slightly, running her fingers along his chest and abdomen. He wasn't Mr. Universe, but in Buffy's eyes he was perfect. And Buffy wanted Rupert Giles not Mr. Universe.

She worked his belt off, loving the sound it made as she whisked it through the belt loops of his pants. It echoed the urgency she felt. She wanted him. Now. His hands cupped her bottom. She felt his hardness jutting against her and it only served to fuel her desire.

He broke the kiss, finding her ear and her throat. "Giles," she called out. She cradled his head to her as his mouth traveled to the tops of her breasts. She felt his fingertips, working the front clasp and just like that her breasts were freed.

She worked his hardened length free as his mouth closed over a taut peak, circling it with his tongue. She cried out, having to be mindful of how tightly she gripped him. A wave of arousal coursed through her, pooling between her legs.

He lifted his hips from the bed allowing her to slide his trousers and boxers lower. Lower was all she needed for now. There would be time later for slow. Right now, she needed him. She simply needed. She guided his length into her, using her fingertip to push aside the crotch of her panties so she was bared to him.

"Buffy, I haven't any."

"On the pill," she murmured as she sank onto him, taking him deeper. He stretched her, almost to the point of discomfort but after giving it a moment she adapted to his size.

She'd done reckless and needy before, but never with the right emotions involved. Pain and self-flagellation had nothing on how heady love felt. Her lips found his, her kiss mirroring the fevered pitch he was bringing her to.

He wasn't gentle, neither was she. Both seemed to know what the other needed and gave it willingly. She was insistent on touching as much of him as she could. His back, his chest, his arms, his face. If she could crawl inside of him, she wasn't sure that would bring her close enough to him. She needed it all.

She wasn't sure who came first and it really didn't matter. They toppled to the bed in a heap, parting only for Giles to draw the covers back allowing them both to slide into bed. Buffy clung to him, still unable to shake the need to be close to him.

"That was."

"Amazing."

"Yes. I was trying to think of something more flowery and poetic to say, but amazing sums it up nicely."

She circled one of his nipples with her fingertip, snuggling against him. His fingers ran through her hair and he kissed her.

"It wasn't quite how I envisioned our first time."

"Oh, God, I think amazing is a great way to start."

"I suppose there is some truth to that."

"Some?"

"But if we start out amazing, that sets the bar rather high for the future."

"I don't think I'll have any complaints."

"That's assuming you want to again."

"Hmm, I'm not sure there's any doubt there."

"Good to hear."

"So, I guess we should thank Alastair and Diana tomorrow."

"I'm not entirely sure I'm going to let you out of this bed long enough to go to dinner tomorrow."

"Oh really?"

"Really. Now that I have you here, I feel I have quite a bit of time to make up for."

"No argument here."

"You're amazing, Buffy."

"Only because you bring it out in me."

"You think so?"

"I know so."

"Hmm."

"So, an entire day here in bed with you. I guess that means you'd break down and get room service."

"Yes, I suppose it would. Of course, we could order in, I'm sure there are restaurants that deliver."

"I'm game. Let's do it. We don't need to prove anything to them anyway."

"I was hoping you might say that. We'll have to venture outside at some point to get some ice so we can chill the champagne."

She kissed his chest, circling a nipple with her tongue. She smiled when he groaned. It made her feel like she was flying to know she could affect him that way. "I can handle that. In fact, I look forward to it."

"Buffy."

"Yes?" She propped herself up against his chest to look at him.

"You're sure about this?"

"Absolutely. No doubts, Giles. Why? Are you unsure?"

"Never. I just wanted to be sure. I realize we all have needs."

"Oh, I needed, Giles. I won't deny that. It was you that I needed." She slid her hand slowly down his torso, over his abdomen, pelvis and between his legs. She squeezed him gently, running the pad of her thumb over his tip. "I needed Rupert Giles. No one else could make me feel like this."

"You echo my sentiments exactly."

"I do?"

"Yes. There hasn't been anybody since I realized it was you I wanted."

"Giles."

"Oh, I tried, believing you'd never notice me as more than a stuffy librarian."

"What happened?"

"I'd get to a point and see your face and couldn't take it any further."

"I'm sorry."

He cradled her face with his hand. "Don't be. I'm not. You were well worth the wait."

"Thanks."

"Thank you, Buffy. I've felt more tonight than I have in years. If ever."

"Really?"

"Truly. I have nothing to gain by lying to you."

"I know."

She moved on top of him, straddling him. She continued stroking him and kissed him. He slid his arms around her waist, cupping her bottom. He rolled them so he was on top.

"We're going to do it the old fashioned way this time."

"How's that?"

"Long and slow," he quipped before entering her. She wrapped her legs around him and fused her mouth with his as he moved inside of her. She definitely liked long and slow, maybe even more than the fast and hard they'd shared earlier.

***

Buffy woke slowly, feeling as if she was drugged. A night of incredible sex could do that to you she guessed. She rolled over and stretched, reaching for Giles next to her.

"Good morning."

"Mm. Is that breakfast I smell?"

"It is indeed."

She opened her eyes to look at him. He was dressed, reading a newspaper with a cup of coffee on the nightstand beside him. He looked incredibly scholarly. And downright sexy.

"I'm famished."

"I thought you might be. We exerted a good amount of energy last night."

"You sound awfully proud of yourself."

"When a human can make the slayer beg I'd say that's something to be proud of."

"I didn't beg."

"Mm, call it what you will. But I seem to recall the word ‘enough' being emitted from your lips at some point during the night."

"I was trying to spare you from embarrassing yourself."

"Ah yes. Well, in that case, I thank you. Breakfast is warm, it was brought to the room no more than five minutes ago."

"That must have been what woke me."

"I wasn't sure what you'd be in the mood for, so you'll find a little bit of everything."

"It smells delicious. Are you eating?"

"Yes." He folded the newspaper and set it on the nightstand, retrieving his cup of coffee. He sat at the table. She felt his eyes watching her as she slid off the bed.

"What?"

"Nothing, I'm just looking at you. Am I not allowed?"

"I suppose."

"There were no lights on last evening so I didn't get the chance to take you in."

"Oh," she paused at the door leading to her room. She turned to face him. She should feel embarrassed, naked but she didn't. He was sitting there fully dressed but it didn't phase her to stand in front of him without a stitch of clothing on.

She spotted her shoes from the night before and walked to them, stepping into them. She walked to him as confidently as she could, her gaze never leaving his. She saw desire in his eyes as well as a hint of surprise. She was surprised, too. She and Spike had done some pretty off the wall things, but she'd never felt sexy while doing them. She did now. There was something powerful about watching him shift uncomfortably in the chair, knowing she was the cause of it. And for once that power wasn't rooted in darkness or death. This was a power she could wield happily.

"You like what you see?"

"I think that goes without saying."

"Do you?"

"Yes."

"Hmm," she said, kneeling in front of him. "I'm not so sure."

"I'd hardly think a woman who looks like you do would need assurance."

She stroked him through the front of his trousers, licking her lips as she lowered his fly.

"Christ, you're going to be the end of me, Buffy," he whispered as she slid her mouth over the length of him. She'd done this before, but had always felt obligated. Like it was expected. It was the first time she'd initiated it with a pure desire to please her man.

"Can we move to the bed?"

She gave him one last lick. "Breakfast will get cold."

"We'll order more."

"All right." She stood and walked to the bed.

"Leave them on," he said when she started to kick off the shoes.

"Giles."

"What can I say? They do wonders for your legs."

"Not helping."

He stood, began to remove his clothes with some help from her. "Okay, seeing you wearing them and nothing else makes me want to bury myself in you."

"Dirty talker."

"Are you saying you mind?"

"Are you crazy? Not in the least."

"Good. Because it's the truth. Seeing you normally makes me hard. This just brought it to a whole new level."

She sat on the bed, scooted herself to the head of it and spread her legs. She smiled when a look of pure arousal entered his eyes. She slid her hand over her chest, lower between her legs.

"You're taking too long," she whispered, finding her nub with her finger before stroking her inner thigh.

"God help me, I thought you'd be sated at least until lunch."

"No such luck."

"Damn it all anyway."

"Such a hardship."

"Yes, well, whatever I can do for the cause."

He was naked now and joined her on the bed. She used her leg to draw him to her, making sure he felt the backs of her shoes against his calves.

"Then get over here and make love to me, lover."

"With pleasure, Buffy."

He slid inside of her. Home. She gasped. "The pleasure is all mine," she whispered before kissing him.

Return to Top

Part 1 | Part 3
Buffy/Giles Index Page | Buffy the Vampire Slayer Fan Fiction Index Page | Fan Fiction Index Page | Home

Story ©Susan Falk/APCKRFAN/PhantomRoses.com