***Part Ten***

Buffy had come to Los Angeles nine days ago with two overnight bags and was leaving with two regular sized suitcases full of things. She felt like she used to when her dad took her shopping for school clothes at the end of summer. Angel had taken her shopping; his only stipulation being that he got to pick out some of the clothes. He had fairly good taste, so she did not object.

Spike had gone back to Sunnydale as soon as it was apparent the soul was permanent. Other than the time she was dead, Buffy had never had a ten day break from slaying. She had gone out with Angel a few times, but it was not quite the same as performing her Slayer duties in Sunnydale. Buffy did not want to go back, she wanted to stay here.

Angel rapped lightly on the door even though it was open. "Hey," he said and looked at the packed suitcases.

"Hey," she said softly.

"You're all packed."

"Yeah, it didn't take as long as I would have liked. Like forever."

"I'll be in Sunnydale this weekend. This will give us both the week to figure things out."

"I know."

"And you can call me anytime, even email me."

"I hate computers."

"I know, but the option is there."

"I know," she said, sitting at the foot of the bed, pouting. "It's just so impersonal even if it is free."

"Close your eyes," he whispered and she did. She knew he was in front of her because she could smell his cologne and her Slayer senses tingled in full force. He took her left hand and she felt something cold and metal slipping over her ring finger. "Open them."

She opened them and saw Angel kneeling before her. She looked down and saw a silver Claddagh ring on her finger once again. "Thank you," she whispered, touching it.

"I remembered you lost the other one and wanted to replace it before someone tries to steal you away from me."

"It couldn't happen," she said, trying to stop the tears from falling to no avail. "I didn't lose it," she whispered.

"What?" he asked sharply and Buffy realized what he had interpreted her statement to mean. He thought that she had gotten rid of it when he was Angelus. She sort of had for a while on her nightstand, but that was more because she forgot about it than losing it.

"I didn't lose it. I went to the mansion one day, to say good bye to you, and left the ring on the floor in front of the fireplace. And then you came back," she said with a sniffle.

"You never told me that."

"I don't know why I didn't. I guess I thought if I told you you might think I was trying to make you stay."

He placed both hands at her face and kissed her. "So you'll have me again?"

"Yes," she said, fresh tears falling. "Thank you. You're being too nice to me, shopping, the ring, the mansion."

"I want to take care of you like I should have all along even if it was from afar."

"Okay," she said, smiling. She liked that he wanted to take care of her and even though she knew she could stand on her own two feet she wanted to let him sometimes. "I like the sound of it. It's been pretty rough since Mom died, I don't want to do it alone all the time. I did okay without Riley after he left and I would have kept doing okay on my own, but it's just nice knowing there's that one special someone."

"I agree, and now you know you have me even if I'm up here."

"I don't want to go."

"I don't want you to go, Buffy, but Dawn needs you."

She pouted. "It's no fair."

"Life is not fair, but we'll work on making the situation fairer." He slid his hands into hers and helped her from the bed. "Let's get your bags to the lobby, I wish I could carry them out to the Jeep for you."

"It's okay," she said, looking at the ring again. "Thank you for the ring."

"Don't mention it."

"Friday is going to be too long."

"I'll leave Thursday night and get there Friday morning. I was going to surprise you, but realized maybe I'd better not." He growled low and brought her flush against him. Instantly, she wanted him and she groaned softly as his mouth hungrily sought hers. She should be committed for wanting him so badly after they had spent the better part of the last three days doing little else but having sex. But if she had to be committed then he did too because he was apparently as aroused as she was as they thrust against one another through their clothes.

"Surprise me now," she practically begged, her hand reached to lower his zipper as his hands pushed up the hem of the leather miniskirt he was so fond of. She practically climbed up his body to wrap her legs around him while he pushed his jeans out of the way. She cried out when they were finally united, holding herself still as he buried his length inside of her.

He carried her to a table, cleared off its contents with a swoop of his arm and set her on it. Buffy got the weirdest visual she had ever been privy to as he thrust into her. In front of her was a full length mirror and Buffy could only see herself, her body flushed from arousal. And for some reason as she watched her hand travel over nothing even though it was touching Angel's back it turned her on incredibly. "You like that?" he asked as if reading her mind.

"Yeah," she said breathlessly. "It's weird but exciting."

"I figured, kind of like the invisible man," he whispered, nipping her ear.

Her head fell back against the wall, Angel pulled her body closer to the table's edge, pushing deeper into her and she cried out. A good cry and he recognized what it was, repeating the stroke that had caused it. Suddenly, he sniffed and his game face fell into place. He lifted his head from where he had been nuzzling her breast and looked in the direction of the doorway, his body crowding her as if he was protecting or guarding her. "Get the fuck out of here, boy," he roared and Buffy peeked under Angel's arm to see a startled and frightened Gunn make a quick retreat.

She was embarrassed at being caught, but when he faced her she knew the demon was in control at that moment. Any objection she might have about continuing would more than likely fall on deaf ears. If anything he would want to finish so the physical act that claimed her as his mate was completed. She was a little curious as to the difference between man and demon. His thrusts grew more intense, almost violent but it was nothing she could not take. She braced her hands on the table hoping she would not come to regret letting the demon have this much control. As his thrusts began to pack more power she felt the table underneath her begin to give. "Angel," she cried out, but he kept going. His hands sought purchase at her hips, holding her and she knew he would catch her if the table gave way. He parted her legs further allowing him better, deeper access and she was too caught up in the moment to protest.

Her release came violently and shot through her whole body, making her tingle with energy like never before. Angel's release came after hers and she saw the man struggle for control. He forced his human face back into place, his eyes focused on her neck but he did not move to bite her. His hands remained at her hips, holding her in place and he remained still. Sensing he needed the stillness for a few minutes to regain complete control, Buffy sat there saying nothing. Moments later he kissed her, uncertainly as if he expected rejection but she had no reason to complain. She had complained, mentally at least, about Riley's mundaneness, but sex with Angel was certainly far from mundane and she felt like she had been missing out.

"Did I hurt you," he asked, gasping for unneeded air.

"A little," she said with a smirk. "It's okay."

"No, I shouldn't have, you should have stopped me."

"Why, baby? You were fine. I told you before I trust you, demon and all."

"I would have crushed a normal human."

"Well, it's a good thing I'm not a normal human then. I do think I should get off this table before it breaks. I wouldn't set anything heavy on it that's for sure."

"Right, sorry," he said, helping her off of the table. She adjusted her skirt, found her panties on the floor between the bed and the table and stepped back into them while Angel fixed his pants.

"You scared Gunn I think."

"I what?"

She glanced at him, head cocked to the side. "You don't remember?"

"Remember what?"

"He came in here."

"He did what?"

"I assume he was making sure we were all right after you cleared off the table," she said, gesturing to the things scattered on the floor that had been on the table only moments ago, including a shattered lamp. "It was kind of loud, I didn't know the door was open."

"Oh well, he'll live."

"I suppose he will. That's twice now I've embarrassed myself I guess it's a good thing I'm going home."

Angel placed his hands at her upper arms and drew her to him. "You have nothing to be embarrassed about, that day or today. I told you that. You're a sexy, passionate, sensual and beautiful woman and there's nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed about for giving into those things."

"Maybe."

"No maybe about it, Buffy. I wouldn't want you any other way, understand that. I was extra careful the first time because I didn't want to hurt you, but I like knowing I don't have to hold back. And I don't want you to think I'm a freak."

"No, I don't think that, I guess I could do without other people having the visuals."

He nodded his head slightly. "I can see that. We'll be more careful about doors and locks from now on."

"Okay."

"I wish you didn't have to go."

"I know, but it's time. I need to patrol, Spike can't do all of the work and I haven't seen Dawn in a week. God, I hope Social Services didn't come to the house this week."

"Willow would have called if they had."

"Yeah, she would have. But still, I need to get home and make sure everything is in order. I also need to talk to Giles."

"Giles?"

"Yeah, he helped me go through my mom's paperwork after she died. I need to find out about the house."

"Oh right. Is a week going to be enough time for you to pack everything?"

"It will be, and you'll be down on the weekend to help."

"I don't know that unpacking boxes was what I had in mind when envisioning spending the weekend with you."

"Well, see, we've got a minor living in the house, so the unpacking of boxes will keep us busy and distracted from other things."

"Right, I don't like distractions have I ever told you that?"

"No, I don't think you've mentioned that before."

"Now you know."

"Now I know. You know," she said, realizing they could stand there and talk all day, but she would still have to leave. She wrapped her hand around one of the suitcase handles. "I think you owe Gunn an apology."

"An apology? For walking into my room."

"Well, you weren't very nice to him. I mean, you could have just told him to leave nicely. Well, honestly, I'm not even sure it was entirely necessary to tell him to leave, I think he would have figured out we were okay on his own. But, well, you called him boy and that's kind of insulting."

"We have kind of a love hate relationship, so I'm sure it didn't surprise him, but I'll take care of it and smooth out some feathers after you leave."

"Thank you," she said, smiling brightly.

"Ready then?" he asked as he took hold of the second suitcase.

"Yup," she said simply and followed him out of the room.

Angel took the suitcase she was carrying once they got to the lobby and set them both near the front door, leaving Buffy to stand there by herself. She was supposed to say goodbye, but right now she felt like crawling under a rock.

"Well, it was nice meeting and seeing you all."

"You too," Fred said, offering Buffy a smile. She seemed so shy, Buffy was curious just how she got into this group.

"It was good to finally meet you," Gunn said and seemed to be avoiding looking right at her as much as she was avoiding looking at him. Good.

"Yeah, thanks. Well, I guess that's it then," she said. "Bye guys," she said before walking toward Angel who stood on the other side of the lobby waiting for her.

She placed her left hand against his cheek and reached up to kiss him, a deep kiss for a goodbye kiss but she hated goodbye kisses. "I'll see you Friday morning then," he said, drawing away. He took her hand in his and kissed the back of it before kissing the ring now gracing her finger. "I'll miss you."

"Yeah, me too," she said, fighting back the tears. "See you Friday," she said. "I have to go or I'll never leave."

"I know, Buffy," he said softly and she grabbed her bags and ran out the door.

Return to Top

Part 9 | Part 11
Buffy/Angel Index Page | Buffy the Vampire Slayer Fan Fiction Index Page | Fan Fiction Index Page | Home
Send Feedback

Story ©Susan Falk/APCKRFAN/PhantomRoses.com