***Part Nine***

Buffy slept fitfully, but Angel was there every time she woke up. She realized part of her problem was that the last time they had gone through this Angel was in the process of leaving her. She tried to remember that this time was different, but the fear that he would leave was still strong. The bedside clock indicated that it was after noon, so she had apparently slept better than she realized.

"Feeling better?" Angel asked from his side of the bed.

"Yeah, I feel good," she said softly and glanced at him over her shoulder. "Ready to take this off," she said, motioning to the bandage on her hand.

"Let's take it off then," he said and stood from the bed. Buffy followed him to the bathroom and hopped up, taking a seat on the marble countertop. She watched in silence as he peeled the bandage away from her hand, wincing slightly as her fingers flexed upon being freed of their binding. "Does it hurt?"

"A little, it's more stiff than anything. I'll be fine."

"I know you will be," he said, bringing her hand to his lips and grazing her knuckles with his mouth. His lips parted and he licked each knuckle separately.

"Angel," she whispered, embarrassed at how easily he was arousing her.

"Just making sure it's all clean."

"Right," she said with a smirk. Next was the gauze at her wrist, which he kissed in much the same way he had her knuckles and then the bandage at her neck. The cut at her wrist would heal, Spike did not make the cut too deep or wide, but she would have another set of scars on her neck.

He drew her to him once the bandage at her neck was removed and dropped his head to kiss there, too. "Take that, Dracula," he said huskily as he drew away from her.

"What?" she asked confused.

He chuckled lightly and then grew stone faced. "You didn't have the same reaction with him, did you?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Buffy," he said admonishingly.

"What?" she asked again and then realization dawned on her. "No, I didn't. I don't think it's just the biting that causes it."

"Good," he said simply and Buffy could not help but laugh.

"He's got nothing on you, baby," she said, wrapping her arms around his neck. She tugged slightly and he took the hint, closing the distance between them for a kiss. Her legs went around his waist as she scooted closer to the countertop's edge and into him. Her thin shorts and camisole were too thin to mask the fact that she was turned on. He was, too, she realized feeling his arousal still confined in his pants at the juncture between her legs as she pressed against him. A hand cupped her breast and his thumb stroked her peak so it was so hard that it ached. Arousal washed through her in a wave and she lowered a hand from his neck to the front of his pants.

"Buffy," he said, gasping for unneeded air and drew away from their kiss. "We have to stop." Her legs fell from his hips so just her calves were wrapped around his lower thighs.

"I don't want to stop," she said in a whimper. She kissed his chest, then rested her chin against him and met his eyes.

"I just hate that we have to go out there and tell them, it sort of takes the spontaneity and romance out of it."

"It's just the one time and I don't see how romance is going to play a huge factor in it this time, Angel. We'll have time for romance and spontaneity next time." She grinned wickedly and kissed his chest again. "Like later today."

"I don't know, Buffy."

"How long were you planning on waiting to see if it worked?"

"I don't know," he said again.

"Don't you want to?"

"Christ, Buffy, how can you ask me that? I've wanted to for six years, I wanted to even when I didn't have my soul. And I've dreamt about it regularly since the last time knowing that dreams were all I was ever going to get."

"No more dreams," she whispered. "Only reality from now on."

He sighed softly and kissed her again, tentatively this time. "I don't have to let Spike do the shackles this time, do I?"

"I think I can handle doing them."

"Buffy, if you're going to be easy on me then I'll have Spike do them."

"No, I'll make sure they're secure. Believe me I don't want to be Angelus' coming-out snack."

"Are you sure you're up to this?"

She laughed lightly. "Yes, I'm sure."

"Do me a favor while I'm going out there like a kid asking permission for something?"

"Anything."

"Put that lace number on that I saw last night. If this is our last time together I'd like to see it on you."

"It won't be our last time together, but I'll put it on sure. Glad to."

He had an almost sheepish look on his face as he stepped away from her. "Be right back," he said, and Buffy found the tone in his voice endearing.

"Where's Spike," Angel asked once in the lobby.

"In the training room," Fred replied with barely a glance in Angel's direction.

Angel made his way to the training room. Why he felt more comfortable going to Spike than Wesley Angel was not sure, but he did. Part of it was that Spike had helped them, had cut Buffy's wrist and had seen to her wrist once Angel had begun feeding from her neck. "Spike?"

"I'm surprised to see you, Peaches. I figured when noon rolled around that you and your super honey were shagging the day away."

"No, she just woke up a little while ago."

"So you've come to tell me to check up on the two of you in a little while then?"

"Yeah," Angel said wryly.

"I'll do it, told you I would."

"Thanks."

"Whatever, Peaches. Enjoy," Spike said bitterly. He held up his hand, silencing Angel from saying anything else and held Angel's gaze. "Just go and get it done so I can get out of here."

"Sure," Angel said not that he needed Spike's prodding to send Angel back in the direction of Buffy.

"Is Buffy okay?" Fred asked as he passed by the desk again.

"She's fine, Fred, a little tired but fine."

"If she needs anything, just let me know."

"I'll let her know," he said and continued to his room.

He walked into the room to find Buffy sitting on his bed, white lace teddy on as he asked and even sitting instead of standing he knew he had underestimated how nice she would look wearing it. He paused at the door, debating about whether or not to throw the lock. No one would bother them, so he left it open in case Spike or Wesley needed to get in. If Spike did nothing else that afternoon he would make sure no one came near Angel's wing for a while.

"Hi," she said, tugging at the bodice of the teddy.

"You look nice."

"Thanks, it's a little weird. Different."

"I've seen you wear tops that reveal more than that."

"I know. It's just different."

He took pleasure in a perverse way knowing that wearing lingerie was a new experience for her. That meant that she had not paraded around in front of Finn wearing things like this. He walked toward the bed and offered her a hand, which she took and stood. He took her into his arms, practically crushing her to him and kissed her. "God, I want you," he whispered, brushing his lips along the top of her head.

"Well, that's good because you have me and I'm going to do my damnedest to see that you're happier than you've ever been so there will be no question about it."

If he could have blushed he would have at such a bold statement. "I look forward to it," he said with a light chuckle.

"Lay down for me then," she said and he did. "Left hand," she said, which he offered without question so she could put the iron band around it and then repeated the process with his right hand. He had some movement available to him, and remembered yesterday becoming aware of things around him to find Buffy on top of him in his arms, responsive and aroused as hell. She had climaxed so suddenly and violently that he had thought for a moment he had killed her with the silence that followed. Only the fact that her heart still beat, her blood still pumped reassured him and made him realize what had happened.

He drifted between watching her and letting his eyes fall closed, letting the pleasure wash through him. This was not a dream, Buffy was really here pleasing him. Her body was warm against him, her mouth even warmer and she was more than generous in using it everywhere on him. She was bold with her kisses yet shy about touching him. It made for an exciting contrast because he was never sure what to expect out of her.

She seemed to experiment to see what would produce the best reactions in him and she got her answer when her mouth finally closed over his length after she had removed his pants. His eyes fell closed then, wanting merely to enjoy the feeling. He reached down to touch her head, meeting some resistance because of the chains but it did not stop him from taking some hair in between his fingers and letting it run through them. He always liked her hair, but liked it even better now splayed along the lower half of his body.

His mind rebelled somewhat at the fact that she was the one doing all of the work. This was the woman he loved, he should be giving as well as receiving but as she said earlier they would have plenty of time for that later if all went well now. She slid up the length of his body, placing kisses along him as she did until she was looking him in the eye. Their lips met for a kiss as she moved her body against him, her lower body teasing him. He reached with a hand and tugged on the slip of fabric between her legs, the pop of snaps coming undone could be heard. With that pop there was no longer a barrier preventing their bodies from being joined the way they were made to be joined, the way they needed to be joined. Buffy was the other half of him and he knew it like he knew if he walked into the sun he would die, so to be able to connect with her completely was painfully necessary.

Despite his inability to do much beyond caresses she was excited and ready for him, he had no idea how ready until she sheathed him with her core. With her on top of him he had the ability to touch her and her warmth contrasted with the lace of the teddy aroused him further. It was apparent she was not comfortable in this position and while he enjoyed knowing it he wanted her comfortable.

He stretched his arms to either side of him, the chains no longer taut giving her complete control other than the movements he made where their bodies were intimately joined. His gesture seemed to embolden her, spur her on because she got brazen and daring. Her hands traveled the length of his arms and she placed kisses and bites along each arm as far as she could without drawing herself off of him.

She taunted him, keeping her breasts just out of his mouth's reach. If he nuzzled against one she would pull away, which he responded to by thrusting deeper inside of her. Finally, she drew away from him, arching her back and placing her hands against his thighs as she brought them both closer to their release. His human disguise slipped away as she clenched him and cried out, having reached her climax. He placed his hands at her hips, the taut chains not allowing him much room to move and guide her like he wanted. His hands fell to her lower thighs and squeezed with a low growl as his release came timed with her second.

Buffy lay on top of him, her head resting against his shoulder, and his arms were around her. He felt her heart begin to slow and heard her breathing begin to return to normal. His human disguise slid back into place, content to merely hold her like this. She kept her promise about seeing to his happiness, so hopefully in a little while they would know.

With that thought, he finally spoke. "Buffy," he whispered.

"Yeah?"

"You all right?"

"I'm fine," she said, lifting her head from his chest. "Why?"

"Just making sure with the blood loss and everything."

"I'm fine. As good as new and feeling especially rejuvenated at the moment," she said, placing a kiss against his lips. "I love you."

"I love you, too," he said and kissed her. "I didn't mean to vamp out on you."

"No problem," she murmured, her fingertip tracing a small pattern on his chest. "I knew it was still you, and I told you I know you wouldn't let the demon hurt me."

"Thank you," he said relieved.

"I'm ready for some sleepage though," she said. "I hate that I can't take those off, I'd like some cuddling action."

"You can stay on top of me as long as you want, Buffy, you're not hurting me."

"Well, in that case, I'll stay put," she said and nuzzled against him. He had slept beside her for three nights, which was nowhere near enough as far as Angel was concerned but it was enough for him to be familiar with her habits. She was settling in for a nap, almost burrowing into him. And he loved it.

Three hours after Buffy drifted off to sleep there was a light knock on the door. He enjoyed watching her sleep. He had not enjoyed waiting to see if the searing pain of losing his soul would rip through him like it had the first time he and Buffy had made love. Thankfully, it had not. Between Willow suspecting his soul had been permanent all along from researching the restoration spell and the poison, Angel was certain his soul was his for good. Wolfram & Hart would not be happy now. Angel hated having to wake her, but he did not think Buffy would appreciate Spike getting an eyeful of naked Buffy. Not to mention Angel did not want Spike to get an eyeful of naked Buffy. She had removed the teddy before falling asleep complaining about it being itchy. "Hold on, Spike," he called out and then lowered his voice to speak to his mate lying atop him. "Buffy," he said, nudging her lightly.

"Hmm?"

"I'm sorry to wake you when you look so peaceful, but Spike's at the door and I can't reach the blanket."

"It's okay," she said sleepily and grabbed a hold of the blanket, drawing it over her shoulders going back to snuggling against him.

"You can come in now, Spike," Angel said.

Spike opened the door. "All's well in here then?"

"Yeah," Buffy whispered, turning her head on Angel's chest to look at Spike. "Thank you."

"No problem, pet," Spike said regarding them. "I don't know that I can placate your minions much longer while you're in here with your honey. She hasn't been out of the room yet and that Winifred bint wants to bring in a tray of soup and what not."

"We'll be out in a while, Spike. In fact," Angel said and paused, causing Buffy to look up at him. "Tell everyone to get ready to go out, I'm going to take everyone out to eat."

Spike scoffed. "A good shag and suddenly he's generous, but I'll tell them." Angel watched as Spike's eyes traveled from the few articles of clothes on the floor to the chains still attached to Angel. "You do know that it's just as fun without those, right? I realize it's been a while for you, Peaches."

"Get out, Spike," Angel hissed, pulling on the chains so they were taut once again.

"It'd be a lot more effective if you weren't attached to them and your honey wasn't lying there naked," he said, closing the door.

"Times like this I wonder why I trust him," Buffy said with a light laugh. She stretched then and pushed the blanket away. "You ready to be unchained and help me get all clean and nice smelling?"

"I am," he whispered, smiling widely. The thought of showering with Buffy, washing Buffy and finally being able to touch Buffy and knowing he could do these things was definitely a good thing.

She stood from the bed and went to get the keys to release him. "There, my Angel is all free now," she said, kneeling over him.

He groaned softly and drew her against him, glad to have use of his hands and arms. He kissed her deeply and rolled them so he was on top of her. He entered her after making sure she was ready for him. "Sorry," he whispered, realizing he had not been overly gentle with her. "Just had to."

Her legs wrapped around his waist, drawing him even deeper. "No reason to be sorry," she whimpered.

"Guess not," he replied. So much for romance, but at least the spontaneity part had come into play. Had she been a regular human he would have done a good bit of damage, but she was not a regular human. As the Slayer she gave as good as she took, sometimes encouraging him not to hold back. He felt her muscles clench around him and knew she was close. She drew his head to her and after crying out bit down on his neck, drawing blood. If that act alone had not been enough to send him over the edge her drinking him certainly was. He emptied himself into her as her tongue worried the bite at his neck just before she reached her own release.

He lifted his head once her tongue and mouth had stilled against his neck. His hand went to her neck, his thumb grazing the marks from the day before that were just barely visible anymore. She would have a second set of scars there from him, because of him. Instead of feeling proud of that, he felt a little sickened by it.

"Ready for that shower now," he finally said.

"Yeah," she said. "Should I get Spike to close that for you," she teased.

"No, I don't think I need Spike licking my neck, thank you. You can if you want to."

"I don't have that coagulant in my saliva."

"I didn't say anything about licking it to heal it," he said, lowering his mouth to hers.

"We'd better get to that shower, or we'll never get out of here and then we'll never get to dinner and people will come looking for us."

"If you insist."

"Well, we'll have plenty of time later."

"But I'm not hungry," he said in his best broody voice even though he was not feeling particularly broody at the moment.

"Well, I am. Hello? Blood loss girl here."

"If you're trying to make me feel bad, you don't have to say anything for me to feel bad, Buffy. I hate that I had to do that."

"I don't, it's fine and it seems to have worked, right?"

"Yeah, it seems to have worked."

"Then it was worth it," she said, pushing him off of her and standing from the bed. "Let's go shower and enjoy being out amongst people knowing that we get to come back and be a total couple in private afterward. Maybe we can go dancing."

"Dancing? You want to go dancing?"

"Well, we don't have to, but it'd be like a date. You do remember what those are, right? I know it's been a while, but we did manage to get in a couple here and there."

"A date accompanied by five other people."

"Well, okay, it's not my ideal date, but they're your friends, our friends, though I'm not sure Fred or Gunn particularly like me."

"They just don't know you is all, probably a little worried I'm going to be all crabby and broody once you go."

"You won't, right?"

"I might be crabby and broody once you go because I'm away from you but no longer out of necessity."

"Well, we'll have to do something about that," she said, walking toward the bathroom. Angel watched as she walked away from him, naked and beautiful, her blonde hair stunning even in its current state of disarray. And she was his. He sat up in bed, clutching the mattress with both hands briefly before he stood and joined her in the bathroom.

Return to Top

Part 8 | Part 10
Buffy/Angel Index Page | Buffy the Vampire Slayer Fan Fiction Index Page | Fan Fiction Index Page | Home
Send Feedback

Story ©Susan Falk/APCKRFAN/PhantomRoses.com