***Chapter Eight***
May 2000

Hermione was nervous.

Beyond nervous.

They hadn't seen one another since the day after Christmas. They'd exchanged plenty of letters, which she thought was as new of an experience for him as it was for her. Beatrice was quite happy with this sudden change in her routine. Since she had nowhere to go but delivering mail to Severus she was usually directed - by Hermione or Severus - to wait in the Hogwarts' owlery for his reply. She certainly seemed to enjoy the socialization with the other owls.

It was a nice way to communicate actually. They could write as they had free time. Once it took her three days to finish a letter that in reading it through before sending it should have taken her maybe fifteen minutes to write. They didn't say much. A bit of this or that about their days. She usually had more to say than he did, given her traveling which he always seemed to enjoy hearing about. (One letter she did not mention a trip in, his response had asked if the Council had suddenly taken her portkeying abilities away from her.) What was more, most of them had little written in them to do with the Slayer or Hogwarts.

Lack of saying much more than this or that aside, she felt that they'd gotten … closer. To the point she knew she was more than just possibly interested in more with the man. She was absolutely certain she was rather on her way to being taken with him.

She'd been unexpectedly busy while he had no classes over Easter holidays with a reality altering spell cast by one of Buffy's former school mates, the Slayer and her boyfriend Riley being possessed by ghosts that made them shag for hours, and Oz returning after supposedly learning to control his werewolf tendencies.

Given her recent increasingly developing feelings for Severus, she'd found herself just a touch envious of Buffy and Riley being possessed into shagging. Hormones and being incredibly curious about not just the wizard in question but sex as a whole. She knew she wasn't on her way to being old maid territory being a virgin at almost twenty-one. It was the fact that she hadn't even kissed anyone in two years. And before that one kiss two years ago? She couldn't even remember when the last one was.

She hadn't had to stay for the Oz situation. The intellectual in her, who remembered Remus' battle with his wolf had her sticking around, though. She thought interviewing him would help the Watchers Council as far as how werewolves think and function. It might help potioners and healers in the magical world, too, as far as how the wolfsbane potion might work. Or how other forms of treatment might work in conjunction with it.

That was the one time she'd sent him a letter primarily business talk. He had replied that he looked forward to hearing more about it in person. (And that had made her heartbeat quicken and her palms get a little sweaty.)

She'd cleared with Lydia that she was allowed to have a guest. The flats were located in a secure part of the building, but one not as secure as the Watchers Council business portion of the building. It was more like a separate apartment complex. There was a security guard and people had to check in at that desk, but she didn't need her badge to access the exterior residential entrance or anything. She knew other employees were married and had families so she didn't think it would be a problem, but she wasn't going to just invite him without asking.

They were spending a weekend in London together. They could have gotten a hotel room, or she could have made him get one. That just seemed like a ridiculous waste of money when she had access to a more than sufficient flat for two people. And okay, getting one together might have been a little more of a statement than either seemed willing to make about what they were doing yet.

She liked the idea of him staying here with her. Of him wanting to stay here with her.

She took one last look at the second bedroom she'd finally outfitted with a few things to make it look lived in before heading out to meet him. She hadn't seen the point in doing anything to make it "hers" before now. She honestly wasn't sure if he would use it.

Did she want him to?

Did he want to?

She could admit she was kind of hoping that he would not want to either.

She wasn't entirely sure what they were doing yet and didn't imagine Severus did either. They hadn't put an identifier on it.

Were they dating? Leading up to dating?

It did seem as if they were more than friends by this point. Their letters certainly had gotten more … intimate as the five months since Christmas progressed.

They hadn't done more than hold hands while she visited him over Christmas. They had done that more than just the one time.

There'd been something unspoken though. Something that said maybe there could be more.

She suspected he was as nervous about that concept as she was. She hoped he was as excited about it as she was.

He did kiss her goodbye before she left but it was a goodbye kiss. Nothing untoward or overly forward. Was it a kiss like she'd get from or give her mum? No, it hadn't felt that way to her. She wasn't sure how it had felt to him. Thus the questions in her mind as to what they were doing.

She met him at a local park that seemed as if it was only there for sentimental value. The neighbourhood didn't have many children that she'd seen at any rate so the park stood mostly unused. She did see people there during the day, eating lunch outdoors and such once in a while.

"Hello," he said. His voice sounded … better today than it had in December. She thought that was a good sign.

"Hi yourself. No last minute emergencies with students I take it?"

She'd requested the weekend off. Any catastrophes that came up they'd have to send someone to investigate the muggle way: fly them to the location. Or wait until Monday.

Eighteen months and she hadn't taken any requested time off. She'd been their beck and call girl without complaint. She thought she was entitled to two days. He'd put in for the weekend off from rounds. They both realized, though it went unsaid, it was more likely to be her who would have to cancel. He could say no to someone asking to trade rounds with him. If something truly apocalyptic happened she wouldn't blow it off.

"Oh Minerva tried to get me to join in with a weekly poker game a few of the staff are partaking in that will likely last the entirety, or at least most, of the weekend but I got out of it."

"Without her pushing?"

"I think she has an inkling there is … someone," he said, glancing at his feet. Was he embarrassed? Ashamed? Upset at the turn in their relationship? She doubted he'd be here if the last was true.

She slid her hand into his hesitantly, relaxing when he didn't let go or pull his hand away. She squeezed his hand then. "I think she'd believe you deserve … someone."

"Not if she knew who the witch in question was," he whispered.

Despite the soft tone, there was a lot of emotion packed in that sentence. He thought Minerva would be upset with him that his choice in someones was Hermione.

"Well, last I checked," she said, releasing his hand to reach for and cup his face. She pushed some of his hair out of the way so she could look into his eyes. He was wearing it a little longer these days she'd noticed the last couple of times she'd seen him. She'd never had a reason to touch it before now, though. The looks of it was deceiving. It was oily, yes, but it didn't feel as if he didn't wash it. She knew that was the popular rumour around Hogwarts. She'd heard it. Greasy git. Bat of the dungeons. She knew, too, some people just had hair that was naturally unmanageable. His was oily. Hers was curly. "She's not my mother. I think you're wrong, though."

He scoffed and she reached in, going to her tiptoes so she could place a kiss against his lips. He seemed surprised by the action. She was too a little truthfully. She wasn't sure how he'd feel about such forwardness. Never mind she wasn't accustomed to being so forward. At least not when it came to kissing.

He didn't remain surprised for long, though, as he slid his arms around her and drew her to him. She gasped softly when he deepened the kiss and sighed in appreciation. That resulted in him giving a low chuckle, but neither broke the kiss. It was … nice. Certainly more than the good night kiss he'd given her the day after Christmas. Definitely not like one she'd give to or get from her mum.

"Shall we?" he murmured when they finally did stop to give one another a chance to breathe. His breath was warm against her cheek before he brushed his against her skin there. It felt soft. He'd obviously shaved before coming here.

And he smelled delicious. Would he find it weird if she took a deep breath right now to take in his scent?

"You are asking me if we should go to the museum, right?"

He chuckled, sliding the back of his hand along her cheek after he drew away from her. Her lips parted and she gave a soft moan at the feel of his hand and the base of his fingers against her skin.

Oh God! Those hands, those fingers. Against her skin. She shivered, but he seemed to know it wasn't because she was offended he'd touched her. She'd never been touched like this before in her life, and was left with the overwhelming opinion when he let his hand drop to his side again that she wanted him to do it again.

And again.

All night long.

Please, please, please. I've been a very good girl.

"I am."

She sighed, a little disappointed in the answer truthfully. Was that a bad or good sign? She wasn't sure. His eyes widened a bit, as if he recognized what the sigh meant.

"Then yes," she said.

"Oh, and Hermione," he whispered.

"Yes?"

"That was the best hello I have ever experienced."

"Me, too," she said, knowing she was blushing profusely at the admission.

He dropped his hand into hers and she apparated them to an approved point near the British Museum. She'd been here before a couple of times the past year, but always by herself so this was a new experience. He'd brought up coming here together after she'd mentioned going in a letter after Christmas. She wasn't sure what it said that it thrilled her to no end that he would be interested in going. The idea that Ron would suggest such a place, wizarding or not, was just unfathomable to her.

They browsed the exhibits, took afternoon tea in the museum restaurant, and browsed some more until it was time to leave. They found a muggle pub not far from the museum and got dinner and probably one too many after-dinner drinks as well. There was a wizarding pub not far from the area, near Kings Cross, but Severus hadn't even suggested it. She was very appreciative of that fact.

"Do you need anything before we head to my flat?" she asked.

"I do not," he said simply.

"And you're sure…"

"I am," he said.

She slid her hand around his arm then, apparating them into her flat. She had the ability to do that and was glad tonight she did. She wasn't sure she wanted the security guard to see she was bringing someone upstairs who wasn't leaving tonight.

As soon as they'd arrived in her flat he spun her so she was facing him, his lips crushed into hers almost violently and she gasped, parting her lips at the urgency he was displaying. He shifted them so her back was against the wall, a hand sliding around her waist to draw her against him with the other beside her head on the wall. Her tongue met his tentatively, groaning softly when he did the same.

She liked as bold as he was he still had that aura of uncertainty about him.

She slid her hands to his shoulders, pushing his jacket off. He removed hers, only with magic, and she felt herself get more than a little aroused at the feeling of his magic caressing her. The groan she gave likely told him exactly what she was feeling.

The hand at her waist slid up along her torso, fingers grazing the underside of her breast and she moaned into his mouth. She pressed herself into his hand and bit his lower lip when she felt the warmth of his palm envelope her breast. His hand was large, she hoped being pretty adequate in that area didn't pose a problem. She felt the roughened pads of his fingers as he caressed her. Years of working with them was evident but she didn't mind at all. They made him, well, him.

She broke the kiss long enough to murmur, "off" as she tugged on his shirt. Just like that they were both shirtless, and she was without her bra. It thrilled her he wanted to feel her, too.

Her hands mirrored his in their familiarizing with what the other felt like. He seemed to really like her breasts just the way they were and she certainly loved the feel of him. His skin was warm beneath her fingers as she traced a path from his neck and shoulder to his chest and abdomen. She felt raises on his skin, blemishes and scars beyond what Nagini had done to him. Proof of what he'd endured.

She wasn't fool enough to believe all were received during his time and efforts as spy, but she knew that a good many of them were. His scars defined him no more than hers did.

Her hand continued its path further south along his abdomen and into the waist of his trousers. No jeans today for her wizard, though she had seen him in a pair the day after Christmas. She liked him in his robes, all buttoned up and closed off to everyone as he had been in November. There was something very … intentionally deceiving about it. As if he was daring someone to try and picture him without them.

She had practically salivated over Severus Snape walking her to his front door barefoot wearing faded denims and an old Pink Floyd T-shirt (more faded than the denims, but obviously black of course), though.

She found the fastening and worked the front of his trousers open, sighing into the kiss as she reached for his length.

He stopped kissing her and she whimpered softly in protest until his mouth found her neck, shoulder, and finally her breast. The whimper was quickly replaced with a moan as his lips closed over a peak, laving it with his tongue.

He chuckled as her moan turned into more of a squeak as he slid his hands to her hips lifting her against the wall, presumably so he could reach better because as soon as he did that he went right back to kissing, licking, and sucking on her breasts enthusiastically.

"Severus, please," she murmured, pressing her core against his as she wrapped her legs around him.

"Please what, Hermione?" She could feel his breath against the swell of her breast. Her nipple glistening and wet from his attentions.

"The rest of our clothes off. You inside me. Now."

"Funny, I hadn't in the past, but I really like your bossiness," he quipped as he divested them both of their remaining clothes while she stifled a laugh against his shoulder.

He slid a hand low against her core, giving a groan of his own at how wet she was for him. From kissing him. Did he realize he wielded that sort of power? She didn't think he did.

She gasped, eyes drifting shut as his thumb grazed her clit before he slid his hand away. She felt both hands at her hips, felt him against her entrance and it was very obviously no longer a finger. She found purchase against his shoulder, biting it as he gave her exactly what she wanted - needed - and slid inside of her core. Deep, hard, fast. She'd needed that. She had no idea what that said or why, but that was exactly what she wanted. Her groan had to tell him that was true.

He wasn't moving though. She licked the spot on his shoulder she bit and lifted her head to look at him. She saw uncertainty in his eyes.

"What?" She slid a hand to his cheek with the question.

"You have not…"

"No," she said.

He cursed softly under his breath but she heard him.

"Severus you did what I asked you to do. Did I act as though you hurt or offended me?"

"I would have…"

"Made it good for me?"

He nodded.

"You no doubt will, unless you're stopping." She kissed him, sliding her lips to the side of his mouth and along his jaw before finding his ear. She nipped at it, tugging on it a bit. "Fuck me, Severus," she murmured against his ear before kissing him again.

He kissed her back but hadn't started moving again. And she really, really wanted him to.

"You will tell me if I'm hurting you?" The question was barely whispered against her lips.

"Absolutely," she said. "Now kiss me and move!"

"Bossy is evidently incredibly arousing to me. From you," he murmured before doing exactly as she requested. In that order, too. His lips found hers just a second before he started moving inside of her again.

Did it hurt? Yes, but in a pleasantly uncomfortable kind of way. She knew it would and if she was being honest, spontaneous Severus Snape was a turn on in and of itself.

Who knew?

She reached with a hand, sliding it between their bodies feeling both of their chests were slick from their activities. She loved that he wasn't afraid to get sweaty. Sex in her mind should be messy hair and disheveled looking bedding during and after. Oh sure she imagined fifty or sixty years from now she'd probably feel differently but for now she would relish having a partner as into it as she was.

Her hand slid lower, between her legs where she found her clit. Her left hand braced against his shoulder as he shifted her a bit so her back was more flush against the wall.

She broke the kiss as her orgasm came, causing her to shudder in his arms and around him where he was still thrusting in and out of her.

"Fuck, Hermione," he whispered.

"There," she cried out as he nipped a spot on her neck. "Yes."

He licked and sucked the skin there as she worked at moving with his thrusts as best as she could.

He moved his hands, clutching her hips tightly.

"Hang on," he murmured against her neck.

He shifted them so he was sitting on the floor and with a brief pause in their activities while they both adjusted to the new location. He helped position her over his lap so she was now in control. Well, kind of. He was doing a lot of helping, displaying precisely how strong of a wizard he was. Not that she doubted he was exactly that.

Like this there was more discomfort at first, but he seemed to understand that and let her adjust to it and the new feelings it brought. She set her hands at his shoulders then, encouraging him to lay down on the floor and shifted above him with her hands on either side of his head once he had. She dropped her head, looking between their bodies, biting her lower lip with a soft groan as she watched him move in and out of her. And watched her meet his thrusts.

"You like that," he whispered.

She nodded, meeting his eyes. He obviously liked the idea that she did. He encouraged her to straighten up.

"Me, too. It is a position I have not engaged in until now."

"Well, I like it so we definitely can again."

"Good, and this way we can both watch," he murmured. "Next time we'll pull your hair back."

She blushed and he gave a soft chuckle. She supposed it was silly to blush over that while she was presently impaled on his very hard cock that was currently making her feel exceptionally good.

"I won't last much longer, Hermione," he said. She clenched around him and he hissed. "That won't help prolong things."

She gave a soft giggle then leaned down again, finding his lips.

"Come for me, Severus. I want to feel you fill me up."

"Yes," he hissed, sliding a hand between their legs to find her clit. She gasped softly against his mouth as she moved against him, feeling him push into her harder and deeper as she moved against both his fingers and his cock.

She knew when he finished. He stilled under her after a few rapid pumps of his hips against her accompanied by a low gasp against her mouth. His fingers worked her to another release and she collapsed against him, her head resting against his chest over his heart. She ran a finger around his other pec, smiling a bit at the feel of the light sheen of sweat there.

Because of her. Sex with her.

She turned her head, kissing his chest and then looked up at him. She bit her lower lip, regarding him. She'd left a love bite on his jaw and neck. She was aware she had at least two herself.

"That was very unexpected. I didn't realize a day at the museum could have that kind of effect."

He chuckled, sliding his hand through her hair and wrapping a few strands around his finger.

"It wasn't the museum," he whispered.

She shifted a bit on him, reaching for his mouth with her lips. "Mm. Is that so? Does that mean we can do that again?"

His dark eyes met hers and she saw surprise but also need and passion there. She wanted to chase the surprise away. She definitely wanted to explore the need and passion at great lengths.

"You would want to?"

She kissed and darted her tongue along his jaw, his chin, his neck, his collarbone, and his chest before finding a nipple. She circled it with her tongue before moving slightly enough to take his cock in her hand. She shifted her gaze to her hand holding him and then back to his face.

"Does that help answer that question?"

"I think so."

"You look so surprised," she whispered, sliding her hand lower to cup him and he groaned softly.

"I have what most would consider quite limited experience and admit it has been quite some time. I was left with the impression that I may be lacking in the knowledge of how to please a witch properly. As it's not something you can truly learn from books alone. Probably not the thing to admit immediately after taking our involvement to this level, but I was left assuming," he shrugged.

She scoffed. "Did you make me come, Severus?"

"Well, you'd know better than I, but it seemed as if I did. So, yes."

"You did. More than once. Very well, I might add. Did you come?"

He scoffed, and she glared at him, lifting her eyebrow at him. "Yes, as if I needed to state the obvious."

"I realize orgasm doesn't necessarily equal pleasure, but I assure you I was pleased. And well, we can learn together. I certainly haven't done this before. Any of it, just to be clear."

"You were truly pleased and enjoyed it?"

"Truly, Severus. I wouldn't lie to you, and whoever told you that, or left you with that impression. I'm sorry on their behalf. I would think, if it had been me, that instead of being dissatisfied I would have enjoyed … teaching you.

"You would," he said with a soft gasp as she ran a fingertip along his sack and up his cock, circling the head. She filed that away for later, wondering how loudly she might be able to make Severus Snape gasp.

She shifted off of him and stood. She eyed him appreciatively. She couldn't help it. She'd seen Harry and Ron in various stages of undress while they were on the run, but she'd never seen a full-on naked man before.

She knew he was watching as she took him in. She maybe should have been self-conscious of the fact that she was standing there naked but she couldn't find it in herself to be bothered. She offered him her hand. He took it and she helped him up, lacing her fingers through his once he was standing.

"I feel like I should at least say I prepared the guest bedroom…"

"Unless you still wish for me to use it?"

"No," she said.

"Lead the way then," he said.

She smiled, glad that despite the still relatively early hour he wanted to adjourn to her bedroom.

She led him there, not that it was difficult to find in a flat this size. Her eyes drifted over him again and he gave a slight scowl this time. As if he didn't like being … inspected this closely.

"I just realized that I should maybe offer a shower. With or without me is your choice."

"With," he said quickly and she smiled, letting go of his hand as she walked to the bathroom. She opened the small linen closet in there and got out an extra towel for him.

"I know how to dry myself."

"Who says I was going to make you dry yourself?" she quipped.

"I see," he said, his eyes darkening again. She liked them that way. She really liked that she made them appear that way.

She started the bath water. Unfortunately, it was a standard muggle bathroom and tub so it wasn't glamorous or overly large, but they made do. Neither of them seemed to have actual penetration on their mind anyway. They washed one another, touching and kissing this spot or that as they went. Sometimes they would lick the water droplets from various places on their bodies.

It was very enjoyable. Definitely something she'd endeavor to do again.

He seemed to agree with her opinion.

They dried one another off, and both seemed to like that, too. More touching and kissing that went well above and beyond what was required to towel a body off. He definitely enjoyed her response to the various amounts of pressure he put on the towel as he dried between her legs. She led him to her bed then.

He took the other side of the bed once she slid under the covers and she drew them around them.

He swallowed and she could see that he looked uncertain. It wasn't the surprise from earlier, but close. "What is it, Severus?" she asked, sliding a finger along his jaw.

"This I have never done before," he admitted.

“Me neither!"

"Cheek," he whispered.

"I'm not, and I'm not making fun of you. I'm just reminding you that you're not the only one."

"You're not forty years old…"

"So? When exactly would you have had the chance to sleep with someone?"

He shrugged. "I would never have trusted someone enough …"

"I understand that, totally," she whispered. "I do, and I know what a big deal it was for you to invite me to your home, Severus. Not just to eat but to stay. I know. I was truly flattered that you did."

"Thank you," he whispered.

"Now," she said, drawing the covers back a bit.

"Yes?"

"Well, you know how much I like to learn."

"I do."

"I want to learn all about pleasing you, Severus Snape."

"You already have."

She licked a spot on his neck, working her way down with licks and kisses to his chest and lower.

"I want to know it all," she said.

"I would expect no less," he murmured.

She gave a soft giggle at that response. That was met by a groan on his part as she found the spot on him that she really wanted to learn about most right now.

Return to Top

Part 7 | Part 9

Harry Potter Fandom Fan Fiction Index Page | Fan Fiction Index Page | Home
Send Feedback

Story ©Susan Matthews/APCKRFAN/PhantomRoses.com