***Chapter Five***

It was fifteen before six and Severus was pacing the living room of his flat. He hadn't heard from her all day. He expected to hear something by now, even if it was via Austin telling him she was going home immediately after closing the store tonight. Austin hadn't said much of anything about her, not entirely unusual so that wasn't a good gauge.

Should he go down there? Would that seem too pushy? Too childish to engage in playing video games with her?

He had no idea. It had seemed like a good offer at the time. She'd seemed so surprised that he knew how to play video games.

Would she hex him? Worse, would she reject him in front of his son?

"Is Miss Harmony mad at me, Dad?"

Austin's question brought him out of his own reverie and made him think of the possible repercussions last night's conversation could have on this boy who had quite literally become Severus Snape's life.

At least this time it was in an enjoyable way.

Should he not have told her? Would knowing change the friendship his son had forged with the witch? As strange as some might find it he could see them befriending one another very easily. Should he have told her somewhere neutral instead of essentially kidnapping her to his other home?

He couldn't believe how thoughtless and stupid he'd been to someone he knew had been held captive and tortured during the war. He hadn't even thought about anything other than showing off for her. He had no one else to share anything with so he'd let one of the seven deadly sins have say over consideration for someone else's state of mind.

Pride.

She'd seemed to like it, his other home, but having hours to think about it today (to avoid thinking about what she was going to do to him). Well, it may not have been his proudest moment. He really trusted no one, though, and while he felt secure in his abode he wouldn't put it past someone to have found and keep track of him. It had been too easy to just disappear. He'd like to think that meant people didn't care any longer or, better yet, had forgotten about him. He knew that was unlikely to happen anytime soon.

And in what he considered to be his rather vast experience, nothing was ever easy.

Focus, Severus, focus. Your son has never truly cared about anyone but you before now, Focus on him and his concern not yours.

"Why would you think that? Did you do something to give her reason to be mad?"

"No," he said.

Severus looked into his son's eyes, eyes that were, if he was being honest, the perfect blend of Hermione's brown and his own. He hadn't noticed it before now because until last night he hadn't looked into her eyes since months before Austin was born.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

"Why do you think she's mad?"

"Usually she asks me what book I'm reading, how my schoolwork is going, or if we're doing something today."

"And she didn't today?"

"No, Sir."

"Did she say anything?"

He shrugged. "Not really. Just good morning."

"So she just didn't say much? That has you worried? Perhaps she was busy?"

"No, there was no one else there. She looked sad."

"How do you mean?"

"Sometimes I can tell when you're thinking about the past. Things you say I wouldn't understand yet. She looked like that."

"I'm sure she's not mad. You like her, don't you?"

He nodded.

"Why?" Severus asked.

He'd been curious as to why this woman had gained his son's attention for almost a year. He did not make friends easily. He had a few in his class, but to this point there had only been a handful of "playdates". Severus loathed them, but Austin had seemed to enjoy the few he'd had. He had a feeling it was his mood that resulted in one playdate not turning into a second.

One friend had been a single mum from what he could ascertain, and he'd wondered if Austin had been trying to set them up. Or if the mum had been making the attempt as he'd only mentioned Stuart a couple of times before the outing was mentioned. He'd been polite, but absolutely not interested. He was quite certain that had come through abundantly clear despite his attempt at being polite for his son's benefit. He was pretty sure Austin was no longer on that friend's radar as far as activities went.

Knowing now who the woman question was it made some sense. He, himself, understood it from the time she'd sat by his recovery bed.

He'd been visited by everyone who'd been even just associated with the Order at least once. Some, like Harry Potter, visited more than once. His visits at times were regarding Severus' trial, but others he was hoping for information. Information Severus had been hoping to take to the grave with him.

Hermione had been the only tolerable visitor he ever received aside from Minerva. Even she at first was tiresome, though, with her apologies and groveling. Did she not understand that if she hadn't believed him he'd have failed in his task? He would have been dead for certain long before Voldemort's attempt in the Shack.

Hermione had never done that. She'd just gone about life as if the previous seven years hadn't occurred. As if he hadn't insulted her for years. The closest she'd come was saying thank you.

Once.

She'd never mentioned it again, seeming to realize that wasn't what he wanted from anyone. Hell, he hadn't expected to live. Other than at his trial she never brought anything pertaining to the war or his actions up. She read to him, rarely from the Prophet unless he specifically asked for information. She talked to him not at or around him.

"She talks to me not at me or as if I'm not going to understand," Austin said and Severus wondered briefly if his son had innate legilimens skills or if it was just coincidence they'd both thought that of her. "Like you. I tell her about the books I'm reading, or we're reading, and she's never made fun of me."

"Of course not."

If there was ever anyone he was confident would not make fun of someone's reading material it was Hermione. She'd just be pleased to know he was reading. Truly, Severus knew this without hesitation.

"Others do."

"Oh," he said.

"Black Beauty is a girl's book," Austin said.

He snorted in derision, but realized by the look in his son's eyes he was being sincere. Did children actually say that? About books? Fuck, he would never think any book was directed at a specific gender. If you enjoyed reading it then that was all that mattered as far as Severus was concerned.

"I don't think any book is truly a girl or a boy book, Austin. If you enjoy reading it then that's all that matters."

"I know."

He could tell by his tone and the look he was giving him that he did know. That relieved him. He didn't want to have to start being overly fussy on books. He liked that he could choose pretty much any title and his son would enjoy the adventure the story brought. So, he knew that was so, but that didn't mean being told by peers in his class that a book was not supposed to be read by him, a boy. Was this something he needed to start being mindful of? He truly had no idea. He supposed he could speak with Mrs. Gunderson to see how much of an issue this was. Was it just Austin? Or was this a problem others had?

Regardless, nothing he could solve on Sunday evening. So, back to Hermione.

"Well, I was going to go down to see her. She seemed to think I didn't teach you how to play the video games."

"Oh," he said, running to his room and returning a few minutes later with enough change to play several games. Decision made then, he supposed.

"Let us go then."

They made their way downstairs and Severus sighed softly when he pushed open the door and Austin rushed in ahead of him again taking the decision out of Severus' hands. He'd come downstairs, but that didn't mean he had to actually go into the store.

"Miss Harmony. Dad's here."

"I see that, Austin," she said. "Hello, Severus."

"Hermione," he said cautiously, regarding her for any displeasure, distaste, or hatred. He saw none, which relieved him to no end. "Was your day a pleasant one?"

"It was," she said, pulling out a cellular phone from her pocket after he'd heard a chime.

He had one, too, though he never used the damned thing. Austin's school had to be able to get a hold of him, though. He had a few private clients that sold some of his more or less watered down potions in muggle areas, new age type stores.

He watched as she smiled and he knew who was on the other end of the phone without having to ask. He'd only ever seen that look in her eye for one person really. The look she'd given Weasley was … different.

"How is Mr. Potter," he asked.

"He's fine," she said, taking a moment evidently to type something in response to her friend. "He is just asking about my evening plans."

"Oh, if we're taking you away…"

"No, we had nothing planned. I see him every day anyway." She closed her phone as if driving home the point, sliding it into the front pocket of her jeans. Jeans that fit her very well he couldn't help but notice. He'd noticed last night, too, when she was standing on his balcony.

"How is Miss Weasley?"

"Um, fine, I guess. I haven't seen her in a while. I don't go to quidditch games very often. Sometimes with Harry, but not hers," she shrugged.

"That would be the only reason you see her?"

"Not much other reason to, no."

"She and Mr. Potter?"

"Oh!" She scrunched her nose and shook her head. "Ended about five years ago. She and Ron are both rather insecure and take it out on their friends or loved ones in different ways. Ginny thought Harry was seeing other women. Constantly."

"And she thought you would allow him to treat her in such a fashion?"

"She thought I was helping him!"

Severus shook his head at that. The very idea that this witch would aid someone in cheating was unfathomable to him.

"He gave it some time, hoped that with the popularity and publicity of the final battle wearing off she'd improve."

"No dice, I take it?"

"No."

"And her brother?"

"I'd ask which one just to be cheeky, but I know you mean Ronald." She shrugged. "He just didn't appreciate me. I know I'm not the most beautiful woman out there, but I'm not hideous. He treated me as if he was doing me some sort of favor by being interested in me. I never quite forgave him for leaving us while we were searching for the horcruxes either. Maybe I was wrong to hold on to that, and I did try. It was there, though, in my mind when I weighed whether I wanted a rest of my life relationship with him."

He remembered. One of the things they'd talked about while she sat by his sickbed was their respective years prior to the final battle. She'd mentioned even then not being sure she could forgive such a thing. He couldn't blame her. Then or now.

"I think you chose wisely."

"I know I did," she said. "He's gone through a few women. One so soon after I told him officially I wasn't interested that he had to have been seeing her while pursuing me."

"Imbecile."

"Yes, well," she shrugged. "He's not an awful person. Not really. I love him and am not sure that will ever completely go away. I wish him well, and hope he finds whatever it is he's searching for. I think part of it, too, maybe he never had the opportunity to be footloose and fancy free. They were rather limited financially while he was growing up. Then he got to Hogwarts and it was actual work, never mind the war and everything leading up to that last battle. So I think he's taking advantage of having no one or nothing, and that's fine. Harry and I haven't felt the need to see the world. Besides, we're each allowed some bad decisions, yeah?"

No accusation or insult behind her words, he knew. She was just stating facts. He certainly was one who'd made bad decisions in his lifetime.

He cleared his throat. "Of course. I'm not judging…"

"I know you're not. He has his good qualities. Unfortunately, they just weren't good enough for me to marry him."

"Yes, well, qualities won't converse with you one hundred years from now."

"You know," she said, looking surprised he'd said that.

Why, he wondered?

"You're right. I had thought of that, too. My parents clearly felt passion for one another. I didn't like thinking about that ten years ago, of course, they were my parents. Now, though, I realize it. Little things, he'd hold her hand for no reason and look very much as if he had won a prize. He'd walk up to her while she was washing dishes and kiss her. She always kissed him goodbye when she was taking me to school even knowing she'd see him within an hour at work. They could talk, though. They went to movies together, read together, but at the same time if Dad wanted to watch something on TV Mum didn't like she'd go work on her sewing or something. They loved one another, but were not inseparable. I could very easily picture them ninety years old living happily. I couldn't picture that with Ronald. I couldn't picture getting much past the age of thirty without wanting to hex him."

"The fact you made it to twenty without hexing him is amazing in its own right."

"Yes, well," she shrugged. "We had some rows. All four of us did, really, Ginny was in there too. It wasn't easy for a while there. Neither understood why I wanted to go to college. Why Harry wanted to take night classes himself on top of his auror training to understand muggle criminal justice better. We'd talked about how to educate the muggle law enforcement world better without violating anything. I think they thought we'd give up, or that it would be dropped once the hype and frenzy after the final battle blew over. They are still spread so thin."

"I can imagine it was met with resistance, though I am surprised it was those two given their father."

"Yes, well, I admit I miss Arthur."

"Understandable, he's a good man."

She glanced at Austin who Severus realized was ready to play games and wished the adults would stop talking.

"So," she said. "Your dad says he's taught you to play the games back here."

"Yes, Ma'am," he said.

"Care to show me?"

"Sure," he said.

"You won't get in trouble for being here after hours?" Severus asked, having only thought of that now.

"No, I called Mr. Bowden earlier and told him that you might come down for some games. He was okay with it. He seems to like you and spoke very highly of you, not just today either. When I asked him about Austin coming down here by himself initially last year"

"He trusts you."

"He does. Austin, go on back. I need to ask your dad something before we join you."

"Okay," he said, heading there.

He knew the way and had the money he'd grabbed from his bedroom. Severus always ensured he had enough to entertain himself for a while weekends. They didn't do a lot so he figured an hour or two of video games wasn't out of the question. He was learning, too, to spread the money out. He got the same amount every weekend, when it was gone there would be no more. There had been more than one tearful Sunday when he'd realized he'd spent all of his money on Saturday and had no more for Sunday. They'd sat down then to compile a list of the number of games he could play spread throughout the weekend, and he'd stuck to that. Some weekends he had money left over. They set that money aside, so he knew that was extra.

Severus waited as she approached him, swallowing hard. He had no idea what she could want to say. He had a few ideas, but none involved her suggesting she'd join them in the playing of video games.

"The other vessels? Were they beyond hope?"

Ah.

Of course she would be concerned about that.

Severus hated several things he'd had to do in the name of being a wartime spy. Tainting his soul in such a way as taking Albus' life was one of them. However, the remaining vessels Bellatrix intended on using weren't truly alive. They couldn't have survived if she'd released them. He felt guilt, yes, but not in the same way. That wasn't what she was asking about, gratefully. He liked to think that she was logical enough to understand the difference, but it was easy to glorify him having been a spy without thinking about what that meant he had to do. His time as Hogwarts headmaster was only the tip of the iceberg as far as his duplicity went.

"They were, yes. Bella left them in enough condition to accomplish what she wanted, nothing more. Albus knew there were things that I had to do."

"I know, Severus. I'm not really questioning your having to do it. Truly I'm not. I'm not questioning anything. I just needed to know."

"There was no hope for their survival. If they'd been used they would have been destroyed once they'd served their purpose. They weren't walking out of Malfoy Manor alive. I only ensured they were not used in such a fashion and that they were not … abused further."

She nodded then.

"Thank you," she said softly.

That was it?

He'd been expecting … more.

He found it incredibly hard to believe that this witch hadn't stayed up all night making a list of questions for him. He wasn't fool enough to question it, though. If that was all about this whole thing that concerned her, well, the odds were for once in his life smiling in his favor.

They started down the hallway that led to the arcade. Hermione waved her hand to extinguish the lights in the store as they walked.

"He's known me since I was born."

"Who?" he asked, confused by the change of subject.

She smiled with a shake of her head. "Sorry. Mr. Bowden. You mentioned that he trusts me. My parents were friends with the Bowdens."

"Ah," he said. A piece of the puzzle sliding home. "I wondered how you ended up working here when your flat isn't exactly close to being nearby where you'd be a customer."

"Yes, well, I'd stop in and see them, say hi. Sometimes we'd have tea, or a late dinner, after the store closed. One day they asked if I knew anyone looking for part-time work, weekends. They mentioned that they needed help because their part-time employee quit unexpectedly without notice. I like them, so I offered to help. I really intended it to be a few weeks while they hired someone. They never found anyone and after about a month or so I told them they could stop looking. I admit I kind of like the change of pace from the stress of my regular job. So here I am."

"Customers don't stress you out?"

"Some do. Some can be difficult, but most everyone knows I'm in law enforcement it seems so I think that helps curb any misbehavior."

His lips twitched. "I would imagine it would. The fact that you could take them down in the blink of an eye doesn't hurt."

"They don't know that."

"Hermione, all one has to do is look in your eyes to know that you've, I believe the muggle phrase is, seen some serious shit."

"Yes, but I'm also told I look too little to be much of a threat."

"Good things come in small packages, and in my experience it behoves most anyone to be underestimated."

"True," she said with a nod.

"Not that anyone would or could underestimate you, of course."

"Of course not," she said, grazing her hip against his just before they stepped into the arcade. "They'd be incredibly foolish to do such a thing."

Intentionally?

It almost had to be. The hallway wasn't that narrow.

"So, what's your poison, Miss Harmony," he said, eyeing the room.

"What's your favorite, Austin?"

He gestured to one of the old-style pinball machines.

"Really?" she asked. That surprised her it seemed. He supposed that the older kids would go for the flashier games. So that left Austin with pinball.

"It's fun."

"He likes the bells and lights."

"Ah," she said with a nod.

They played a few games of pinball and then moved onto other games Austin had obviously played before.

"That one I cannot do," Severus said when Austin wanted to do Dance Dance Revolution.

"Have you done it before, Austin?" Hermione asked.

"No, older kids are always doing it."

She nodded, pulling her wand out from her sleeve and casting a spell on the machine.

"Since your dad isn't going to play this game with us he can keep track of how many we play so I can just give Mr. Bowden the money."

"Okay," he said.

Severus smirked, moving to stand against the wall certain this was going to be a ridiculous endeavor. Snapes did not dance!

"All right," Hermione said, selecting a song. "Watch me for this one and then when you think you have it we can pick a song we can do together. Pay attention to my feet."

He nodded as she selected a song. Severus scowled, recognizing Aerosmith's Walk This Way and yet it wasn't a version he'd ever heard before. He pushed aside his curiosities as to what the song was exactly and watched the witch as she followed the steps the game was guiding her on. She'd clearly done this before.

She moved on from that song to one that he recognized by Dead or Alive.

The third song, Austin indicated he was ready to join her. She went with a slower song and Austin tried. He really did. It was obvious he wanted to be able to play this game.

"I can't do it," he said after two songs were full of mistakes.

"You can! You just have to practice. I promise. Let's try this one," she said. "Severus? Can you help us please?" she asked.

"I'm sorry?" He must have looked frightened or something because she chuckled with a shake of her head.

"I'm not asking you to join. Just help."

He nodded.

"Hang on," she said. She used her wand again, turning her shoes into boots. "Austin, take off your shoes and socks."

"What?" he asked, looking perplexed and glanced at Severus.

"Do as Miss Harmony asks, Austin. She's trying to help you."

He sat then, taking off his shoes and socks, setting them aside precisely and Severus had to shake his head a little at that. He was as exact as he was, learning from him as he had no other example. His things were the only thing he'd truly had any control over for a very long time so he took care of them and was particular in his behaviour and pattern about things.

"Okay," she said. "Now, stand on my feet."

"But I'll hurt you," he said, and Severus was pleased that the boy seemed genuinely concerned about this being true.

"You won't," she said. "And if you do, we'll stop. I promise, I won't let you hurt me, Austin."

She gathered him against her as he did as she asked him to and stood on her now boot-clad feet.

"You can start the song now, Severus," she said as she slid her arms around Austin to hold him close despite him facing away from her.

"Okay," she said, moving as the song started. It was a much slower song. "Watch my feet."

"Again, Severus," she said when the song had ended.

About the sixth time, Austin stepped off her feet but stayed right in front of her and they did the steps together.

"Good," she said.

The tenth time, he was doing it without her at all.

"You look as if you could use a cold drink," Severus said when she moved to stand next to him.

"Is that your way of saying I'm disheveled and sweaty?"

He turned a bit to face her, raising a hand to her face and tucking some hair behind her ear.

"Lovely. Disheveled perhaps, but lovely just the same."

She blushed and he let his gaze drift to her lips.

"Thank you for doing this."

"You don't dance?"

"I can dance, but not like that," he said, gesturing to the game in question. Austin had moved on to a different slower song.

"Mm," she said. "I bet I could teach you, too."

"I imagine that could be quite … fun, yes."

"You do?"

"I do. Some time when Austin is tucked cozily in his bed perhaps."

"I'm not here that late."

He chuckled softly. "I'm not sure I was discussing the game."

"Oh," she said, blushing deeper.

"Really, thank you for spending this time with him."

"I didn't mind."

"I worry sometimes, you know. He really only spends any quality time with me. I was surprised when he started talking about you."

"Yes, well, he took a bit to warm up to me."

"The fact that he allowed himself to warm up to you, though, is impressive."

"I'm glad he did."

"As am I. Would you like to come upstairs?"

She glanced at the clock on the wall. She didn't look as if she was looking for an excuse to say no. That was a positive. Right? Of course what he knew about women, relationships, and shared interest a thimble would be too spacious for. 

I could for a while, yes."

"Dinner?"

"You haven't eaten yet?"

"I may have been caught up in brewing."

"Austin?"

"CiCi always knows to get him dinner if I'm otherwise engaged."

"Oh, right," she said.

"I believe there is lasagna."

"Really?" Hermione said.

He wasn't sure if he should take offense that it was the mention of lasagna that seemed to pique her interest a bit more than merely spending time with him.

"Yes. If you have an Italian grandmother you probably will not be impressed but it's more than adequate."

"Well that's a ringing endorsement coming from you. I will try this adequate lasagna."

"Austin," Severus said.

"Yeah, Dad?"

"Let's finish up now. We don't want to abuse Mr. Bowden's trust or Hermione's desire for staying at work after hours," he said as Severus pulled money out of his pocket and handed it to Hermione. "For Mr. Bowden. Please thank him from me as well."

"Sure," she said.

It took a moment for Austin to get his socks and shoes back on and then she led them through the store to where they could get into the building. She stopped to put the money on the counter with a note taped to it.

"He takes care of the machines himself?"

"Yes. It's why the games are so cheap."

"I'd noticed that," he said with a nod.

"He's not out to make a huge profit and he likes knowing the neighbor kids can come somewhere to hang out, play some games, have a Coke and popcorn or whatever, and be safe."

"He does," Severus said.

He had noticed this about Mr. Bowden as well. It was one of the reasons when he'd bought the building that he'd worked hard at keeping the man happy and in business. Kids with a neighborhood place like this store were a little less likely to get into trouble.

It didn't always work, he knew.

Off the arcade area was a small area with five or six tables and chairs anyone could use to play non-video games, do homework, or just sit if they wanted to. There was an old-style popcorn maker that was used primarily after school during the week. It was a community center of sorts. One couple attempting to keep their neighborhood a good place.

"He stocks the drink machine himself, too," Severus asked. It wasn't really a question, though.

"He does. It doesn't cost any more from the machine than if they came to the counter to buy it."

"Saves them, and you, from dealing with a line of kids wanting a Coke when there are other paying customers to take care of."

"I think that's his thought, yes."

"He seems like a good man."

"My father spoke highly of him."

"I don't know your father more than having seen him a few times in your early years but he obviously raised you right. So he must be a decent judge of character."

"Thank you, that was quite a compliment coming from you."

He scowled.

"I'm teasing you, Severus. Let's go eat!"

"Are you a hungry witch?"

"I wasn't until you pointed out that it was way past when I normally eat."

"What would you have eaten at home?"

"Not lasagna," she said with a soft chuckle.



"Miss Harmony," Austin said as he moved to sit next to her on the couch after she and Severus had eaten.

"Yes," she said.

"Can we do that again next week? Please?"

"Well, we'll see. I don't want to abuse Mr. Bowden's kindness but maybe I can find something at my house that we can play."

"At your house?" he asked, sounding excited.

"Well I'd bring it with me. I still have to work, but I think I can find a game or two you'd like. And your dad, of course, I don't want to exclude him."

He seemed to think about this, Severus noticed, and then nodded.

"All right, now that that's settled go get ready for bed and then I'll come read to you for a bit. Not as long as usual tonight since I have a guest."

This would be new and an drastic change from their usual routine. Severus had never had a guest, truthfully. Austin's playdates had always been somewhere neutral.

Austin ran to the doorway that led to their private quarters and bathrooms, stopping before he disappeared through it. Severus observed his son as he looked from her to him and got a look in his eyes that Severus wasn't sure he liked. It showed some thoughtfulness and cunning that he was not ready to deal with in a six year old.

"Can Harmony tell me about Harry Potter?" That explained the thoughtful look. Severus shook his head, glancing at Hermione. "Dad says he's your best friend. Please!"

"I can, of course, if that's all right with your dad."

Severus scowled. "I can't really oppose it, can I?" The words were spoken softly, clearly only meant for her to hear.

"Well, you could," she replied just as quietly.

"It's fine," Severus offered. "You are not to pepper Hermione with hundreds of questions, though. She is our guest. We'd like her not to feel this is an inquisition or she was invited merely to settle your curiosities so that she might return next week with the games she spoke of."

"Yes, Sir," Austin said, going through the doorway and in the direction of his bathroom and bedroom. His bath was not private, but as it was just the two of them he used it exclusively.

Of course if Hermione started spending time here that could change. Would she? The bringing of games suggested she wasn't opposed to that. Right?

"Are you sure you don't mind?"

"I don't. It might be kind of fun, actually. Certainly a different set of circumstances I've had to talk about things in. It must drive you mad that he has questions regarding Harry."

"Yes, you caught me. It was my plan to snare you into working for the Bowdens so that Austin would befriend you. Then I withhold all pertinent information from him so that you could fill him in on all the details in my steed."

Her lips quivered into the hint of a smile so she knew he was teasing her. "Quite diabolical, Sir."

He scowled. He knew she was joking, but it left him feeling unsettled. And as if embarking on this possibility was wrong. "Please don't, even in jest."

"Oh, I didn't mean…"

He held up his hand. He knew she didn't mean anything by it. "I know. All of this is difficult enough. I don't want there ever to be a question of my being in a position of power over you."

"I understand, Severus. I just meant it as a joke but will refrain. Now I do have a question for you. Is there anything I shouldn't tell him?"

"He's six and does not need to know the gritty details. I can't avoid it, I realize this. My life is rather firmly intertwined with the Potter story, starting from my friendship with his mum. I would assume for now the story of how the three of you became friends and how that friendship evolved would be sufficient."

"That was my thinking," she said. "I could, you know, bring Harry here one day to meet him."

"No! I mean, not here. We could meet him somewhere neutral perhaps. In time. I am not ready for anyone to know where I reside."

"Understandable. I enjoy my anonymity as well. I can assure you that Harry would not gossip."

"I know, but I'm just not ready yet. I've lived a quiet, tabloid free life here. I'd like it to continue. If Harry finds out that would mean two now know and that increases the odds of three and then four…"

"Noted. We can figure that out."

Return to Top

Part 4 | Part 6

Harry Potter Fandom Fan Fiction Index Page | Fan Fiction Index Page | Home
Send Feedback

Story ©Susan Matthews/APCKRFAN/PhantomRoses.com