***Chapter Two***

Severus closed the store at five o'clock so that she had time to get ready. She appreciated that. She took her time in the bath cleansing, shampooing, conditioning, exfoliating, and ensuring everywhere needing shaving was.

They hadn't really been out together since the day they were married. Not like this.

Was it a date?

She didn't know. She was treating it like one, though. A date with her husband. Odd perhaps, but she didn't care. She hadn't dressed up and primped herself since…

Yule Ball probably.

Well, she wasn't going to think about that.

Not tonight.

Black skirt with a white peasant top that showed a good amount of cleavage and just a bit of her stomach and a pair of dressy black boots with a nice heel without being crazily high she was good as far as her outfit went. A little bit of makeup to show she put forth an effort but not so much that it looked like too much of one.

"You look lovely," he said when she made her way to the living room.

The compliment made her blush. Did he find her lovely? Or was he just being kind because he knew she'd put in some effort and it was expected of him to say that? She wished she knew. He was incredibly hard to read, the war being over didn't change that.

She hoped he did at any rate.

"Thank you," she said, ducking her head a bit.

She could acknowledge that she liked that he took the time to notice what she was wearing so she'd accept the compliment as if he meant it. That meant he paid attention. She liked that thought.

He'd dressed somewhat for the occasion, too, she noticed. Black trousers instead of jeans (not that she minded him in jeans at all!) and a black silk shirt that she couldn't help but wonder if it would feel as smooth as it looked. She swallowed as she realized like her scars showing with her chosen top, he'd left the collar of his shirt open as well.

"Glamour?" she asked, holding out her left arm.

She'd found him casting the glamour was more potent. She didn't hide the word on her arm, but muggles would see a tattoo. Those from the magical world saw the real thing. She was not hiding who or what she was from anyone. She just didn't want muggles asking questions that she couldn't answer truthfully. Mudblood would make no sense to a muggle. She did not want to lie to friends she met on campus about everything.

"And you look nice yourself," she said.

He bowed his head slightly as he cast the glamour that would make muggles see a rose and heart instead of a word that meant nothing to them. He had vowed to work on a salve and a spell he was hoping would pull out the curse and allow the wound to finally heal. To this point, the salve he had on hand was making a difference. It was no longer infected looking at any rate. She couldn't wait to see what one he made designed with this wound in mind might do if this one was already improving it.

He held his free hand up once he was done with the glamour, presenting her with a rose.

"Severus," she said, taking the beautiful flower and sniffing it. "It's lovely, thank you."

He cleared his throat, clearly not comfortable with her praise. She found it rather endearing. "Thank you for agreeing to spending the evening with me socially."

She bit her lower lip, stifling the quiver of a smirk she wanted to give him in response. He was her husband, it wasn't out of the realm of possibilities they'd spend an evening socially together. "You are welcome, of course."

"You are aware that I may not talk much, correct?"

She smirked full-on with that. "I am aware as are Susan and Justin, I'm sure. That's okay. I imagine Justin and I will do more than enough talking for you."

"That was my presumption," he said. "I just didn't want it to come back and bite me later."

"It won't. I promise."

"Thank you. Shall we then?"

He gestured to the door. Was he going to open it for her? Her heart skipped a beat at that thought. He hadn't thanked her for going on a date with him, but socially implied that. Didn't it? And he wanted to open the door for her?

Was she reading into things? She took a step toward the door, realizing she still held the rose.

"Oh, let me put this in water before we go! It's lovely, really, I don't want it to be dead when we get back."

He smirked at her, and she realized how ridiculous that sounded. They were magical, they could bring it back to life. She wasn't sure how good that was for things, though. It deserved to be treated properly.

He waited while she found a tall glass that would serve as a vase well enough and put some water in it before putting the lone rose in. He didn't have much reason to have a bud vase on hand, she supposed. She could transfigure something into one, but that was just not necessary. If he got her one again she'd think about getting one.

Or maybe he would.

She took a deep breath, hoping the butterflies in her stomach would calm down. She'd never gotten a flower for virtually no reason before.

"Did you get lost?"

"Funny wizard," she said, joining him. Their flat was not that large. "I'm ready now."

He did indeed help her into her coat and open the door for her that led from their living area to the hall. They made their way downstairs into the store, seeing that Justin and Susan were waiting for them outside. Severus slid his hand to the small of her back as he opened the door, allowing her to exit first. He locked the door and with a flick of his wrist set his wards wandlessly.

"Impressive," Justin said.

"Thank you, Mr. Finch-Fletchley."

She could tell, though, by his tone that he'd found Justin's compliment somewhat amusing. His magical abilities were impressive, but all one had to do was realize that if Tom Riddle could not defeat Albus Dumbledore but believed Severus Snape might, that meant that wandlessly locking their door and setting the wards was kid stuff to him.

"You know, that's a mouthful. You can just call me Justin."

"Very well," he said. "And mine is Severus, of course. To you as well, Miss Bones."

"Susan," she said, clearly surprised.

Severus offered Hermione his hand, which she took. She laced her fingers through his, and he squeezed her hand slightly.

"There's a restaurant not far from the theater where the movie is showing. Do you want to eat before or after?" Justin asked.

"Either works."

"After," Justin said.

So they made their way to the movie theater first.

 

"That was not so bad," Severus said against her ear when the credits started to roll at the end of Never Been Kissed. She shivered slightly, hoping he didn't think she was offended or something he got so close to her. "I'm not sure I'm familiar with anything she's done except that movie about an alien."

"E.T.," Hermione said. She turned to look at him then. He knew that movie? "Did you see it?"

"No, muggle movies weren't really my thing at the time," he said somewhat dourly. "I saw a poster for it I believe, and heard people talk about it."

"Oh," she said, thinking over when E.T. had come out. She supposed he had a point.

How had he even heard of it then? Muggleborns in his classes maybe? It was the only thing she could think of that made sense. She didn't imagine at that point in time he was spending much time in the muggle world.

Then again, he was spying by then. Wasn't he? No, Voldemort would have been defeated by then she believed. Still, though, he imagined he was under a lot of pressure and scrutiny. Maybe he went to the muggle world to get away once in a while. There was something to think about. What did twenty-something year old Severus Snape do when he needed a break from Dumbledore and wizarding London?

Things about him she didn't know and she really didn't feel right asking him. It was a long time ago and a point in time she knew he was not proud of. Maybe one day!

"Well, obviously she's still gainfully employed as you can see."

"Indeed. And again it was rather enjoyable," he admitted.

The four of them had laughed, some louder than others.

They made their way to the restaurant down the street from the theater Justin had mentioned. Hermione was thrilled Severus held her hand the entire way. The butterflies in her stomach were quite active all the way until he pulled her chair out for her at the table. She could definitely get used to this. Was it for the benefit of Susan and Justin he was doing these things? Or was this what he wanted to do?

"So, when are you two getting married?" Hermione asked once they'd ordered. It seemed a good question to ask.

"In June actually, the twenty-forth."

"How nice," Hermione said.

She'd have to remember to ask Severus if June weddings were a thing in the magical world, too. She presumed so, if Susan chose the date. Or maybe that was just when they wanted to get married.

"And you two?"

"September twentieth," Severus said.

"Neither of us wanted a wedding," Hermione said.

"And since we were married the day after her birthday I'll either always forget or remember both."

"Is that why you chose that date?" Hermione asked.

"No," he said. "I wanted to marry you and didn't want to wait until the next week or next month. It just so happened to be the day after your birthday."

"Sneaky bastard," she muttered, leaning in to kiss him lightly so he (and the couple they were with) knew she was teasing.

"Yes, well, you read the warning labels before agreeing to be my wife and I'd say sneaky bastard was probably tops on the list."

"He's not wrong," Justin said with a laugh.

"No, he's not," Susan agreed.

Hermione rolled her eyes, but couldn't argue with any of them. He was alive and breathing, married to her here in Liverpool as a result of being a successful sneaky bastard.

"So, what else have you done while you've been here?"

"A bit of this and that. Museums and just walking around. Shopping, of course."

"And you go back tomorrow?"

"Yes, unfortunately. Classes won't wait, and Susan has to go back to work. How are your classes going?"

"Very well," she said with a nod.

It was an honest answer. Now that she didn't have to fret over money and how she was going to eat and sleep she was really enjoying school. University was so different from Hogwarts. Yes, of course, there were some there who didn't want to do their work, but mostly she was surrounded by people who wanted to learn and do the work to get their degrees so they could become successful and contributing adults. It was rather nice.

"How far ahead are you?"

Severus scoffed next to her and she blushed. "Pay no attention to him! Not that much, really. I do read ahead when I can."

"Apparently I have more influence over her than Potter or Weasley ever did because she'll actually join me in watching television once in a while in the evenings."

"What he isn't telling you is that in addition to the store he also brews. All of the time!"

"You help."

"I know. I love helping you, you know that I do. I'm just pointing out that you're not exactly a man of leisure with unlimited freetime yourself."

"Very true, and that is why we are well-suited. Neither of us like to have idle hands or minds."

 

They stayed for hours. As he said before the evening even began, Severus did not talk much. He did listen intently as Susan filled them in on goings on in the magical world. Harry's activities were still reported on pretty much daily in the Daily Prophet. Ron's supposed numerous affairs seemed to be popular fodder as well for Rita Skeeter.

Hermione suspected this was pure conjecture on Skeeter's part. Susan mentioned that she hadn't seen any evidence that what Skeeter printed was actually true about anyone. As if there was anything else! While she believed Ron was not living life as a monk. She knew he wasn't trying to be the next Hugh Hefner either. She had no doubt that he was dating, but a date did not always include sex. He really was a better man than that.

Hermione not being seen was causing some gossip it seemed, but Harry assured anyone he could that she was alive and well attending university and preferring to be left alone at this time. He'd told everyone that she had earned that right and there was no doubt in his mind, or Ron's, that she would pursue university education once finished at Hogwarts. Anyone who thought otherwise didn't know Hermione Granger's thirst for knowledge.

"Do they know?" Susan asked.

"No," Hermione said. "I've sent Harry letters, so he knows I am really alive and well. I'm just," she sighed. Severus took hold of her hand and squeezed. "It's just still a bit much to process."

"Hey, you have to do what's best for you. Only you know what that is," Justin said. "I felt bad that I quit, you know? Guilty. I had, too, though. My parents were freaking out. I'm surprised yours left you at Hogwarts."

"They didn't know. Not the extent of everything. They trusted me to tell them if I wanted to leave."

"And you never did? Maybe that was my problem, I told them too much. They asked, though!"

"I never did. Harry is my best friend. I would never have left him to die. I'm not the only one who kept him alive, but I certainly helped give him a better chance."

"You did," Susan said. "He's said so many times."

Their dinner and conversation finished, the couples went their separate ways. Justin and Susan walked, presumably, toward their hotel while Severus and Hermione went to their store. They went around to the other side where the entrance to the building was from the water. Here they didn't have to go through the store in order to get to their quarters.

"Telly?" Severus said once she slid off her boots.

They were one of the most frivolous, girlie things that she'd ever invested in. The heel wasn't obscenely high, but it certainly made her less than the six inches shorter than Severus she normally was when she wasn't wearing them.

"I wonder how long I'll be able to wear those?"

"What?" He frowned as he looked from her to the boots. She smirked a bit at his confusion. She supposed it wouldn't occur to him that she wasn't used to wearing heels so high.

"Bad weather and heels," she said.

They weren't overly comfortable for long periods of time, honestly, and weren't the type she would want to wear on icy walkways and streets. They were stylish, and Hermione had fallen in love with them when she saw them even if she knew they'd be impractical a few months out of the year walking around a campus.

"Ah," he said. "Well, you probably shouldn't be wearing heels that high when you're walking around campus in the winter anyway." As if he knew what she'd just been thinking! It was eerie sometimes when he said things like that, echoing her thoughts.

"Afraid I'm going to trip and fall?"

He closed the distance between them, cupping her chin with the palm of his hand. His hands weren't what most would normally find soothing. They were scarred, calloused, and rough in places but if one truly watched him use them they'd realize how graceful he was. He talked about foolish wand waving, and there were times now she thought it was a shame he used his hands for potions work instead of that. Of course she could watch him for hours preparing his ingredients for whatever brew he was working on. When he used his wand, though, or his hands to do wandless magic. Well, it was entrancing and she didn't believe he had a clue what he looked like. How powerful and sexy he looked.

Then again, she wasn't sure anyone had gotten close enough to him to be able to observe him in the same way she had the past couple of months.

"I don't want anything more to mar you, Madam Snape. Certainly not on my watch."

She moved her head a bit so that she could kiss the palm of his hand. "That's very sweet, Severus. Thank you."

"I speak the truth."

She tried to ignore the heat in her belly that simple statement caused. He wanted to keep her safe! She was no helpless melodrama heroine, but it was nice to know he wanted to protect her. She wanted to protect him, too. She knew, for instance, the movie tonight. Being social. Neither of those things were his idea of a great Saturday night.

"Did you have a horrible time?"

"It wasn't horrible, no," he said. "It was a nice change."

"I'm glad."

 

She truly was. She knew spending an evening with two magical people had not been on his immediate list of things to do. He'd agreed, though, she presumed for her. She appreciated that. That also meant, she just realized now, that he'd heard part of her conversation with Justin and Susan earlier in the store. How much she wondered?

"Now if anyone shows up on our doorstep…"

"I don't think they will. I think they understand."

He nodded, but his eyes were serious as he regarded her. "Understanding and being able to keep a secret don't always go hand in hand."

"You're right."

"Are you prepared for that, Madam Snape?"

"I am," she said, lifting her chin defiantly. "I have nothing to hide or be ashamed of. I'm certainly not embarrassed about being Madam Snape."

He smirked slightly at that. Why did that amuse him?

"And instead people will think I confounded and took advantage of you before you could realize what was truly going on."

Ah!

That was why that amused him.

It wasn't true amusement, but assumption that his character would be called into question - again - about something that had never once come up during trials. He wasn't a pedophile and would not have abused his power as someone's professor in such a fashion. She knew that. Anyone who had him as a student would know that. There were some, though, that liked to forget or create drama and gossip where there was none.

She moved her hands to his neck, sliding them over his shoulders.

"I will never allow anyone to believe that, Severus. Ever."

"I know," he said. "I mean I know that you wouldn't and I appreciate you saying so. That will not stop some from thinking it, Hermione."

"Well, we'll just have to convince them it's not true."

"How do you plan on doing that?"

She leaned up and kissed him then. A real kiss, not the brush of lips they'd done a time or two before. Both had been careful not to cross that line. There had been a couple of times she thought he'd wanted to, but held back. She did, too, because she wasn't sure if she wasn't reading him wrong. Could a man like him really be interested in her?

She wanted to tonight, though. Evidently, she'd misread his intentions and he didn't as he wasn't kissing her back.

How embarrassing!

She started to pull back when he didn't respond right away. He stopped her, though, sliding his arms around her waist and drawing her even closer against him. She went willingly.

Her lips parted and she groaned softly as she felt his tongue glide along her lower lip before sliding into her mouth slightly as if asking permission. She darted her tongue along his, a wordless invitation to continue and he did.

Wordlessly, he lifted her and she broke the kiss only long enough to let out a startled squeak. One that didn't sound very seductive in the least. He chuckled and she couldn't blame him. That squeak had not sounded very brave or strong at all. He carried her to the couch, breaking the kiss to sit and draw her onto his lap. His hands rested over her arse but he made no move to touch or caress her more than that.

She reached behind her, grabbing one of his hands and slid it up along her back on the skin that was in between her top and pants. He took the prompt, stroking her skin there with his thumb and she groaned, envisioning that thumb and those fingers touching her. She wondered if he had any idea how fascinating they were to her. How much she admired them. They were warm against her skin.

She slid her fingertips along the scars on his neck and he hissed softly at the contact. She drew away, both from his mouth and his neck.

"Did I hurt you?" she asked.

"Not at all. I feel essentially nothing, but the fact you would willingly…"

She leaned in then, kissing the spot on his neck she just touched.

"Why would I not want to touch the very thing that is proof that you survived? That you are a hero?"

She grazed the scar with her tongue, shifting a bit on his lap.

"I guess when put like that," he murmured.

"Are you going to avoid touching mine?"

"Is this a trick question, Hermione?"

She giggled softly, kissing his neck. "What makes you think that? You do plan on touching me I hope."

"Merlin, Hermione," he murmured. "You want…"

"I want to be your wife, Severus."

"You are," he said. "That ring and the piece of paper say so."

"Don't be obtuse. You know what I mean," she said, resting her head against his shoulder.

"Do you know what you mean?"

"I do." She slid off his lap then and offered him her hand. "I make no promises for tonight, Severus. I may freeze up," she shrugged.

Even though nothing had happened to her in that way at Malfoy Manor, she knew how close she'd come to that not being true. So while the desire was there she wasn't entirely confident her mind would cooperate.

She still had nightmares about Greyback. Bellatrix, too, of course, but she was dead. As far as Hermione knew, Greyback's presence was unknown. He wasn't in Azkaban and he hadn't been among the dead at Hogwarts after the final battle. So, to her mind evidently, he could come after her to do what he'd intended to do that night. It was part of the reason she chose to leave and live here.

She knew Severus was aware her sleep wasn't always peaceful. His wasn't either for that matter. He had many more years' worth of things to dream about than she did. Silencing charms only went so far, especially hours into the night.

"I want to be with you in every sense of the word before I graduate, before we decide to try for a child. So if you're okay with the possibility that I may just want to sleep beside you tonight after a bit of snogging…"

"Yes," he said and she smiled that he wouldn't even let her finish. Even just snogging him after two months sounded rather divine.

He stood then and led her to her room. He'd done the courteous thing and given her the largest of the three bedrooms. She'd balked at him doing so. That wasn't right, this was his flat. He'd insisted. Ultimately she'd accepted, hoping in the back of her mind exactly what seemed to be happening would occur. This was a little sooner than she'd expected. She wasn't sure when or how she'd expected it to come about, but she'd been in a mood the past few days.

Never having experienced such a thing before now she wasn't entirely sure what it meant. Obviously she did, she understood how hormones and arousal worked. She just had never truly experienced them to realize that they could happen with little stimulation. She assumed there would need to be something external to stimulate her.

Evidently not.

Regardless, she knew that she wanted to try tonight. With him.

"There is one rather interesting side effect about eating regularly to where my cycle is back to normal again."

"Oh?" he asked, releasing her hand.

That eating regularly thing was in part due to this man. He practically fawned over her to ensure she was eating or had food for the school day and so forth. Well-balanced dinners were a regular part of their week. Sometimes they heated up a pizza, but he really did try to go out of his way to ensure she ate well. And with the pizza he tried to include a small side salad with it.

"Mm, I've found myself incredibly in a mood," she said with a slight blush.

As if it wasn't bad enough she was talking to him about her menstrual cycle now she was confessing to him that she was horny. Sure, as head of Slytherin he probably had to talk about these things with witches or Poppy or whoever, but this was different somehow.

Intimate.

"Hermione," he said, sounding cautious.

"That's not why! And we are married. I mean, I hope I get lots of these moods over the next couple hundred years or so. I assume you don't want to sleep separately for the rest of our lives."

"Of course not, but I also know that you just turned twenty and weren't planning on being married this soon in life, let alone to me."

"I make no promises tonight and I'm not trying to be a tease. As long as you don't think that I'm trying to lead you on if I can't I want to try," she stood by the bed, realizing that neither of them were really dressed for bed.

"I should change into something more suitable for sleeping," he said.

Again, it was as if he knew what she was thinking. She'd never had that!

She took that as agreement and understanding that she may not be able to do more than kiss him. She felt bad, but she just wasn't sure she could. She loved when they were on the same page like this, though.

"Meet you back here in five minutes?"

"As you wish."

She changed into something acceptable for sleeping with someone else, something she'd never done in her life truthfully. Her parents she supposed. She stopped in the bathroom to brush her teeth before returning to her room and turning back the covers. She was wearing a nightshirt and shorts. One thing about living in the muggle world again, they had heat and were not reliant on fireplaces. She sat on the edge of the bed, wondering if he'd change his mind. Should she not wear the shorts?

He came back a minute or so after she'd finished getting ready for bed and she sighed in relief. He must have heard it because he arched a brow at her.

"Thought I'd run away?"

"I wouldn't blame you."

He snorted at that but said nothing else.

"Do you have a preferred side?" she asked, gesturing to the bed.

"Well, the protector and gentleman in me would tell me to sleep closest to the door, but I have no true preference and have never had to choose a side until now."

"Worried we're going to be attacked in our sleep?"

"You can't take fighting in two wars and twenty years of spying out of a man."

"I suppose not."

She slid into bed, biting her lower lip as she scooted over to the side furthest from the door. They were really doing this. She had initiated it, she realized but he was here. To sleep with her. To snog her. Maybe to have sex with her? She was both incredibly excited and nervous.

"You are certain?"

"Severus," she said.

He sighed, but joined her and she snuggled closer to him, resting a hand on his chest. She could feel his heartbeat and wondered if hers was going as fast as his was. Probably. She slid her hand lower, finding his hand and lacing her fingers through his. He gave a soft, almost content sounding sigh at the gesture, tightening his grip on her hand and she breathed a sigh of relief.

"Can we start with this?" she asked softly. Feeling a bit like a tease, but this was… Nice.

"Of course."

"I've never even done this much."

He scoffed softly.

"What? I'm not lying."

"That's not what I meant. You think I have?"

"You haven't?"

"Slept with a witch? No. My few and far between experiences did not include sleeping as part of the act. They were presumably more than happy to be rid of me once finished."

"Few experiences?"

That surprised her for some reason. He was a powerful, intelligent wizard. Hell, with Dumbledore and Riddle gone, was there any more powerful than him? She just assumed other witches saw that and would … want it.

"I was not a wizard driven by such things. I couldn't risk the distraction for one. I also did not trust the witches who were part of the Death Eaters. I am aware of what I am, Hermione. A good looking wizard that women want to spend the night with is not it. It's okay. I've long ago accepted that."

"I suppose," she said, grazing his hand with her thumb. "I don't want to be rid of you and I do want to spend the night with you. Nor do I find you unattractive."

"You are delusional. I do not want to be rid of you either, Witch, so we are on the same page."

She turned onto her other side, facing away from him. She reached behind her for his hand, drawing him to her. He took the hint and moved onto his side behind her.

"Do you think Susan and Justin will really keep our location to themselves?" Hermione asked once Severus had extinguished the lights in the room wandlessly as well as wordlessly.

Show off. She could do it, too, but not as effortlessly as he could.

Yet. She was determined to be able to give him a run for his money when it came to things like that. She did not want people to look at them and wonder how someone as powerful as him had ended up with her. She would learn and she suspected that he would help her do so.

"I don't know. I don't know that I really care at this point, other than the rumours about an untoward relationship occurring between us while you were my student."

"I truly wouldn't let anyone think that, Severus."

"I'm aware you wouldn't, but they may think it without saying so."

"I suppose."

He kissed the top of her head, bringing her closer against him and she sighed happily. This was nice. She never imagined this, not really. It was strange, certainly closer than she'd ever imagined being with anyone, but nice nonetheless. Definitely something she could get used to.

And safe.

Whichever side of the bed he'd chosen she knew that he would keep her safe at all costs. Just as she would for him.

"We'll weather it whatever happens."

"I like the sound of that."

"What?"

"We."

"That is what we are now, Hermione." He slid his hand to her abdomen, settling it there. He was quiet for a moment, as if waiting for her to scold him or remove his hand from where it was. "We. I've never had it either."

"I'm glad it's you," she said sincerely.

She really was.

One day maybe he'd tell her why he came up with this idea of his, but for now she just knew that she was glad it was him who'd made it. She didn't think she would have taken the offer from just anyone. That wasn't it.

She had thought about it for a few days before accepting.

Why was he making the offer?

Was there some downside that she was missing?

The heir part.

Well, while not offensive to think about she hadn't understood why he'd make that a requirement. The more she'd watched him: in the store, in his lab, and in their flat. Well, she'd realized that having a child with him wouldn't be abhorrent. He evidently thought she would think so. She was pretty sure of that. Had he expected that thrown in there would lead to her declining his offer when she might otherwise agree to it?

She really wasn't sure. She just knew that away from Hogwarts and the magical world he was … kind. She wouldn't say nice, though that had come. She was very aware the first time she'd run into him here she'd driven him bonkers talking so much. She was so nervous, though, that she couldn't shut up!

And now? Well, she still wasn't sure why he'd made the offer, but she'd accepted and they were about to spend the night together. In the same bed. They'd snogged!

"You are a curious witch, Hermione."

"No, I mean it. You're smart and, well, I know you won't be a pushover. I need that just as much as you do I think."

He snorted softly, but she heard a low chuckle afterward so knew he was amused not insulted.

"You may be correct in that."

She laced her fingers through his resting against her abdomen. He gave a squeeze and relaxed his arm over her a bit. "You don't think I'm a tease?"

"No," he replied. His mouth was near her ear so she felt his breath against her hair and the skin there. It was warm and rather … comforting. And arousing. It was a new sensation. She wondered if he felt it, too.

She turned her head then enough to kiss him. "Good night, and thank you for your patience."

"Unexpectedly, I have nothing but time, Hermione."

Return to Top

Part 1 | Part 3

Harry Potter Fandom Fan Fiction Index Page | Fan Fiction Index Page | Home
Send Feedback

Story ©Susan Matthews/APCKRFAN/PhantomRoses.com