TITLE: Growing Strong
AUTHOR: Susan / apckrfan
E-MAIL
DISTRIBUTION: My site, AO3, FFnet, LJ.
DISCLAIMER: I don't own any characters. They are owned by JK Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Brothers, etc. No profit is made from this fic.
RATING: FRM (for some language)
SPOILERS: Through Deathly Hallows, but canon divergent because I want it to be (EWE, Snape lives)
SUMMARY: Home post-war by himself other than Ministry-sponsored healers to aid in his healing, Severus finds himself at his wit’s end with the state of his life. He never intended to survive the war and has no desire to continue with his life. He combines an overdose of an enhanced sleeping draught with a dose of Felix Felicis, wanting to see his true love one last time and determine once and for all if she’s forgiven him before dying. He doesn’t exactly get what he was expecting (which shouldn’t surprise him after all).

Hermione studied to be a healer and is the last of many in a string of healers assigned to war hero and spy Severus Snape once she finishes her training. She knows she can handle his cutting comments and believes he deserves to be treated with more respect than the healers prior to her gave him. She doesn’t count on developing feelings for the man as the first week she is assigned to him turns into months. She is unaware of Severus’ plan or that he is merely biding his time until the Felix Felicis is ready to be taken.

As days turn into months with the same healer, Severus finds himself feeling better and stronger, physically and mentally. The Felix Felicis is done for days, but it isn’t until an argument with Healer Granger where she unleashes some observations upon him that are difficult to swallow that he finally decides to go through with his plan after all.

Will she be able to get through to him? Will Severus accept the witch his experience with Felix Felicis reveals is his true love?
CHARACTERS/PAIRING: Hermione Granger & Severus Snape, mentions of Lily Evans Potter but this is a Hermione/Severus fic
DATE STARTED: November 2021
STATUS: Complete
WORD COUNT: 38,800 +/-
FEEDBACK: Please, I can't write better without it.
WARNINGS: Depressed, suicidal intentioned Severus Snape but it will be HEA and is not steeped in darkness
NOTES: This is written for HetBang 2022. You can view the AO3 collection here. This is complete in nine chapters. I will post Wednesday & Sunday with the final chapter going up November 16.
NOTES 2: There is a 31 song playlist on Spotify. It can be found at here or under the story title: Growing Strong
BETA: MoonDiggy, for 20+ years now they’ve read anything I’ve thrown at them regardless of fandom or pairing. Any errors are mine and mine alone.
ARTWORK: Thank you Esmalt!




Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Part 9

Return to Top

Harry Potter Fandom Fan Fiction Index Page | Fan Fiction Index Page | Home
Send Feedback