NOTE: To those commenting on Lucius' reaction to Hermione's patronus. I promise it will be addressed later.

***Chapter Sixteen***
May 1999

"Lemon drop?" the headmaster offered her.

She couldn't help but smile at the gesture.

"No, thank you, Sir."

"Just a few ground rules since you're here with us for a few weeks while students are still on the premises."

"Of course," she said.

Severus had worked with her every weekend for weeks to get her occlumency to the point he felt comfortable Albus Dumbledore would not discover anything from her that he shouldn't. She'd already studied it, but she'd never really had the need to keep information truly hidden before. He'd been pleased he hadn't started from ground zero of the concept. They worked at getting the images of a different timeline carefully guarded.

The gates accepting her had been the headmaster's first order of business. He'd seemed to find it curious that they did not offer him much resistance at accepting her. She hadn't the heart to tell him that she'd already gotten through them and she was pretty sure the castle liked her to the point it would never keep her out. While out there he pointed out the Forbidden Forest to her.

Now, they sat in his office. She regarded the portraits, glancing at the one of Phineas Black more than once. She thought she saw recognition in the painting, but surely she was wrong. She'd yet to have reason to set foot in Grimmauld Place so he wouldn't have seen her before now. She remembered clearly carrying the portrait from Grimmauld Place with them that last year of the war. She pushed that memory down quickly. It had come to her unbidden. She ensured it was with the other memories of that other timeline, secure from this man finding it.

"You may eat in the Great Hall with us whenever you like. A spot at the head table will be made for you."

"That's very kind of you, Sir."

"I will set the same restriction on the Forbidden Forest as I would anyone else, unless you are with Severus on Hogwarts business such as ingredient collecting."

"Understood," she said with a nod. Not unexpected and she would have no reason to go there without Severus. So no hardship with abiding by that rule.

"Students are to be told that while you are a guest staying in Severus' quarters you have your own room." He held up his hand when she opened her mouth. "I assure that you I will not hold you to such a thing nor could I even if I wanted to, I imagine. These are minor children who are entrusted to my care. Part of that care is an example of morality. I doubt they've paid many of the articles about your … relationship attention. Their parents, however, probably have. The Board of Governors certainly have as well."

She felt him probe at her mind and shifted things around to memories of kissing Severus. Let him feast on those. She was so glad Severus had taught her these things. These tells on how to know someone was in her mind. Since her lessons she'd never let anyone other than Severus into her mind. Certainly, she hadn't been on the receiving end of someone deliberately attempting to enter her mind without her permission.

Until now.

"I understand, of course," she said. "There should be no implication of impropriety. I have no problem with that."

"Which is why until classes let out you will assist his classes as he sees fit."

"I look forward to working with him."

"I'm sure you do, and he said the same thing to me."

He peered at her from behind his desk.

"I wish you well, Miss Granger."

"Thank you, Sir, I appreciate you allowing me to stay here. I look forward to getting to know Hogwarts better. I know Severus loves it here."

"He does. It has been his home for many years now."

"Yes," she said.

She felt that probe again and fed him some more memories of Severus talking about Hogwarts' history. Conversations that mention of the castle would likely bring to the forefront of her mind.

"And appropriate attire will be expected while students are here. I realize you have been living among muggles for the past nine months, so if you do not have robes that is fine but I will expect suitably appropriate alternatives in their place. Read conservative."

"Of course, Sir," she said.

"That will be all then, Miss Granger."

"Thank you, Headmaster," she said, standing from the chair. She offered him her hand, which he took despite seeming surprise at the gesture. "Have a good day."

"You do the same, my dear."

She made her way down the stairs and found her way to Severus' classroom.

"Well?" he asked as he was in between classes.

"Act appropriately, I'm staying in a guest bedroom of yours, don't dress like a streetwalker, yada yada."

"So nothing we weren't expecting."

"No," she said.

"Well then, Hermione, welcome to Hogwarts."

"Thank you," she said with a grin. She glanced at the chalkboard and then to the empty lab tables.

"So, how much time do we have?"

"About ten minutes."

"Ten minutes until class time? Or ten minutes until students know they need to be in your classroom?"

He chuckled. "Until they know they need to be in my classroom."

"Oh, well, in that case. Come show me around your storeroom," she said, offering him her hand. He took it and led her to the storeroom.

"Anything in particular you are looking for?"

"Yes," she said, reaching up to kiss him. "It won't do to get caught doing something improper on my first day here."

"We wouldn't want that," he murmured before kissing her once more.

"Ten minutes is not enough," she whispered when he finally drew away and used his wand to straighten both of their clothing.

"No, it is not, but it did whet my appetite."

"Oh?"

"Maybe dinner in our rooms tonight?"

"I'd like that," she said.

"As would I," he said.

Harry had gotten a flat with some of his teammates in Ballycastle. Severus was doubtful such a living arrangement would last long. Hermione, on the other hand, thought that his having lived in Gryffindor for seven years made it a pretty good chance he'd stick with the living arrangement. It was temporary until he figured out what he wanted to do. He wasn't even sure quidditch forever was his goal. Sirius had also offered him an entire floor in Grimmauld Place to himself.

"It's a good thing you are not a lipstick person," he quipped as he started to leave the storeroom.

"Oh?"

"I don't think all the charms in the world could fix it after that type of kissing."

She blushed. "Maybe I'll wear some one evening so we can test that theory."

"Mm, it would be interesting to know," he agreed.

"Exactly!"

"Red?"

She chuckled. "Of course, Gryffindor red."

He rolled his eyes but left the storeroom with her behind him.

She couldn't believe she was going to essentially be spending the next three months with him.



He returned to his rooms at the end of his day probably more excited than he'd ever been to go to them.

She was here. With him. For months.

He'd had a meeting after his last class so she'd returned to their rooms without him. The meeting had lasted longer than he would have liked and he almost wondered, seeing the sparkle in Albus' eyes, if it wasn't deliberate.

Old coot.

He was surprised she was not in the sitting room, reading. It was what he had envisioned. The door to what was to be her room should anyone come in here (no one ever did aside from Harry) was closed and he sighed heavily at the thought of her being in there. He didn't think she'd do that, but she was certainly entitled to if she wanted to. He'd assured her there were no … expectations with the offer to stay with him.

Did he want their relationship to progress physically?

Was it more than a little frustrating that ten months into this and it hadn't yet?

Of course.

He was a warm-blooded (contrary to rumours stating the opposite) male who had an attractive witch kiss him admittedly to the point of frustration. He didn't tell her that he was frustrated. The last thing he wanted was to rush her. He certainly hoped spending the next two and a half months together would lead to their relationship progressing. When she'd asked him to stop taking his potion he'd been … both aroused and scared. Saying she knew how men physically reacted to things and actually seeing or feeling that reaction were not the same thing.

She had not gotten offended once since they'd slept together without that in the equation. There were mornings (and nights, and afternoons) he wished he did take it so that his libido would be easier to keep in check. However, the witch didn't want him to take it so he did not. Merlin knew, the one day he decided to go against her wishes on that would have been the day she'd wanted to take their relationship to the next level.

He slid his cravat off and with the wave of his hand undid the buttons on his robes as he made his way to his chambers. He slid his robes off and then removed his cufflinks from their place in his shirt cuffs at his wrists. His shirt removed he worked the fastening of his belt only to stop short at the sound of her voice.

"There's something very sexy about watching a man undress when he doesn't know he's being observed," she said.

"Is that right? Do you have much experience with this phenomenon?" He asked as he turned to face her.

"Nope, not until now."

He swallowed hard, watching her. She found him sexy. That was what she was saying, wasn't it? Words he'd never imagined being directed at him. Even from this witch's mouth.

"I didn't say to stop, Severus," she said. "I was quite enjoying the show."

"Were you?"

"Mm hmm," she said and he could see by her eyes that she was, in fact, enjoying watching him. "I'm only sad I missed the robes being unbuttoned."

"Oh?"

"Mm, I may have had some dreams about those buttons."

"Is that right?"

"It is. Your hands undoing them."

"I use a …"

"Spell. I know, but in my dreams you undo them. One by one."

"And this arouses you?"

"It would seem so."

"I say again, you are an odd witch. Shall I," he said, gesturing to the robes in question.

"Don't you dare. Next time…"

"As the witch requests."

"She insists."

He nodded then, smirking slightly as he returned to shedding his trousers, feeling incredibly underdressed and somewhat uncomfortable until she drew the covers away to reveal she was already in the same state of undress that he was now. She had on a black shirt that he recognized as his own after a few minutes for his brain to catch up with other parts of his body that were very much in favor of seeing her in his bed dressed in such a fashion.

"Should I be concerned you're going through my things while I'm out of my rooms?" he asked, joining her on the bed.

"Mm, it depends, I suppose. Are you opposed to how I use your clothes?"

"Not in the slightest," he said, running the back of his hand along the arm of the shirt. It was silk and had cost him more galleons than it should have but it had felt nice enough to make up for the cost.

And on her it felt incredible. He realized he'd pay twice the amount it cost if she'd wear nothing but his shirt for the entirety of her summer here.

She must have read his thoughts because she smirked.

"You can unbutton this if you want. Maybe that would help make me feel better that I missed out on the robes."

She gave a soft giggle when he clumsily undid the top button she'd fastened. She drew his hand away, bringing it to her mouth and kissed his palm and then slid it down again, setting his fingertips against the top of her breast under the shirt.

He stopped breathing for a moment at the feel of the curve of her breast under his fingertips for the first time in over twenty years. She gasped as he slid his hand further inside the shirt, cupping her breast completely with his palm.

"All right?" he asked.

"Mm hmm," she said. "I have the memories, but it's not the same as actually feeling it. You."

"I suppose not," he said with a slight nod in understanding. In contrast he did have the memories and recollection of what she actually felt like. He used his other hand then to work the buttons low enough that the shirt could fall open. "You will tell me if I am going too far?"

"I will tell you, yes," she murmured.

She gasped as he dropped his head to her breast, dropping a kiss against her skin there before stroking it with his tongue. He found her nipple, swirled it with his tongue before pursing his lips over it. She gasped, hands going to his head to stop him from drawing away as if she knew he was going to ensure she was all right with him continuing. When he felt the peak hard and fully at attention he drew away slightly, finding the underside of her breast and nipping at the skin there. Nips turned into sucks, turned into a mark and he groaned softly when he drew away seeing his mark there before moving to the other breast.

"So soft," he murmured as he brought his hand up to the breast he was no longer attentive to with his mouth. His thumb stroked the love bite as the pad of his finger stroked her nipple.

"Severus," she whispered and he groaned at the pleading tone in her voice.

He took hold of one of her hands at his head, moving their joined hands along her stomach and lower between her legs. 

"Show me," he murmured, setting a kiss over her abdomen and then a hip.

"Really?" she asked.

He brought her hand to his mouth, taking each finger into his mouth before setting her hand between her legs again.

"Really," he murmured.

"Severus," she whispered, blushing deeply he noticed.

"I think it would please both of us, yes?" he asked.

She nodded then, biting that lower lip as she slid a finger lower and gasping as she found her clit. He watched, enraptured as her finger dipped even lower, between her lower lips. He kissed her thigh before moving his mouth to her clit.

"Oh God," she cried out.

He slid his hand to her wrist, preventing her from withdrawing her finger from touching herself. He slid one of his own inside of her and she gasped softly but slid the side of her finger along his as they touched her intimately together.

Whether intentional or not she was using the hand still at his head to guide his mouth and he took his cue from her wordless directions as to what she liked, how she wanted him to suck and lick her. He drew away, sliding his finger out from inside of her before dropping his mouth to her slit. He shook his head when she went to draw her finger away and then groaned as he licked not just inside of her but her finger as well.

She arched off the bed, clutching his head as she cried out his name in a gasp that he was quite sure he'd never forget.

She reached for his boxers then, tugging on their waistband.

"Off," she said. "Now, Severus."

"I will if you will," he said, gesturing to the shirt.

Within seconds they were both naked and she could very plainly see that he wanted her.

"Hermione," he whispered before kissing her.

"Don't you dare say we don't have to. I want to!"

He cast the charm that would prevent pregnancy over her abdomen before he positioned himself between her legs. He stared at her, unable to believe that this was real. This was happening. He was finally in bed with his witch.

"Severus," she said, reaching for him to draw him to her mouth as he slid inside of her.

Too hard. Too fast. That control he prided himself on had left him. He couldn't help it. He'd waited too fucking long for this. She gasped and he knew he was causing her discomfort so he paused. Her mouth never wavered as her hand roamed along his arm, side, back, and arse. She slid her other hand around him at his lower back too then.

"I'm fine," she said finally and he began moving inside of her once more. Slowly. Too slowly, but he didn't want to hurt her and he didn't want to finish too fast.

She found his ear, nipping at the lobe before finding the skin under it she liked to mark as much as he liked her marking it.

"Harder, Severus," she whispered and began sucking on the spot there. Her hand at his hip gripped him.

"I don't want to hurt you, Hermione,"  he whispered.

She grazed her tongue over the spot she was sucking on and rolled her hips into one of his thrusts before clenching around him.

"Fuck, Hermione," he murmured, kissing the top of her head.

"Yes," she said. "I want you to do exactly that, Severus."

He paused and she brought her hands to his face. "I have waited what feels like a lifetime for you, my witch, I do not want to cheapen…"

"Will you think I'm cheap?"

"I could never…"

"Well then," she said, rotating her hips under him. "I promise if you're hurting me I will tell you, but I know you will not. I want to feel all of you. I want to know how much you want me, Severus. I want you to let go."

She kissed his chin, his cheek, and his nose, licking the tip of it. He saw when she knew he was going to cave to her request and she squeaked. Literally squeaked as he gripped her hips and began moving fast and hard within her as deep as he could go. He closed his eyes, giving into the moment, the feeling of complete acceptance as he'd only ever experienced with this witch in his life. He'd never allowed himself to lose control like this before, given anyone power over him, and he had to admit as he thrust inside of her tight, wet heat he could understand why men started wars over and for the women they loved.



She was tracing a pattern over his shoulder. A rune of some sort, but he couldn't place what it was. Heart? Home? They were both quite similar. Both he thought were appropriate at this moment in time. She was his heart and his home.

"Am I too heavy?" he murmured.

"No," she said, squeezing her thighs tighter against him. "Stay right there for a little longer."

He drew back a little, looking at her. He saw no reproof or reproachment in her eyes. He saw satisfaction, though he knew he had to aspire to do better with that during the act of sex itself. She looked disheveled, that hair he'd oft admired almost looked satisfied, too. He drew back a bit, reaching for some of it with his hand. It tightened briefly against his wrist before releasing him and brushing against him. Almost as if it was a cat rubbing against his hand in contentment.

"I love your hair," he murmured, letting it run through his fingers.

"I think it likes you, too," she said. "It normally snarls for anyone but me who tries to touch it. Well, except Aiyanna. It liked when she brushed it."

"Well, I am glad I'm of the select few then."

She gave a giggle, kissing his chin, eyes meeting his with a question.

"What?" he asked, heart thudding in his chest at the idea that she was not truly satisfied, that she regretted initiating this step of their relationship.

"Do I get to keep the shirt?"

"Mm, I don't know. I think I may like to keep it for the memory of you wearing it."

He shifted then, moving beside her and dropped a hand to her abdomen. She blushed as he took her in, naked and still somewhat flushed from their lovemaking. A fresh love bite on her breast, another at her shoulder, and one at her hip that he honestly had no recollection of leaving. Obviously he had.

He slid his hand lower, grazing her clit before dipping inside of her.

"Feeling your handiwork?" she quipped and he chuckled.

"Mm hmm," he said, groaning softly at the feel of how wet she was around his finger as he slid it in and out of her. "Are you sore? Should I stop?"

"Don't you dare, and I'm fine," she said, widening the space between her legs just a bit as he slid his finger deeper inside of her.

His thumb found her nub and her eyes drifted closed, her lips parted as she gave a soft groan. She slid a hand to her breast, circling a nipple as she arched into his touch as he pumped inside of her, adding a second finger when he realized she was indeed getting aroused again by him doing this.

And then she came undone again, his name a reverent plea as she gripped the bedding beneath her with her free hand. He slid his hand away from her, bringing his fingers to his lips to lick them as he watched her come down. He wasn't sure he'd ever get enough of her.

She ran a finger along his lips and chin.

"That was nice," she said and he chuckled.

"Just nice?"

"Well, if I say fantastic you won't try for even better later."

"Is that so?"

"Mm hmm," she said, smiling at him so he knew she was teasing. "We missed dinner."

"We will get something later. I have waited a long time to lay next to you naked."

She turned onto her side then, pressing her arse against him as he drew the top sheet over them.

"You can have me next to you naked anytime you want, Severus."

"Impossible because I have classes to teach."

She snorted softly. "I could use Harry's invisibility cloak…"

"As appealing as that idea is, no. I am not an exhibitionist."

"I'll keep that in mind," she said, rubbing herself against him before settling in. He slid an arm around her, gathering her against him even closer.

"Hermione," he whispered.

"Yes?"

"Welcome home," he said.

"Thank you."

He knew when she drifted off to a light sleep. He, on the other hand, couldn't stop touching her. It wasn't suggestive, just stroking her skin, feeling her warm under his fingers, and listening as her breath changed when his hand and fingers touched her arse or her breasts.

He must have drifted off because the next thing he knew he heard the pop of apparition and Harry calling for him.

"Sev…" Harry said from the doorway. "Oh, sorry, I."

The sheet was still covering most of them but he was fairly certain from the clothes strewn on the floor around the bed because he hadn't taken the time to put them away earlier that it was clear they were not wearing anything underneath it.

"What did you need, Harry?"

"Oh, nothing important, I just… I assumed you'd hear me and wanted you to know I was just here to get some clothes."

"And drop some dirty items off?"

"Well, yes," he said.

"Very well," he said with a sigh.

They'd have to talk about expecting Hogwarts' house elves to continue doing his laundry now that he was no longer a student here. Hermione snorted beside him as if she knew what he'd just been thinking. Maybe she did.

"Hello Harry," she said without lifting her head from the pillow it was resting on.

"Hey Hermione, um, nice to see you. I'm sorry. Really, but shut your door next time!"

"You are currently living elsewhere. I shouldn't have to shut my door."

"Oh, true, right, but it's barely dinner time," he said. "Anyway. Yeah, Sorry again. Well then, um, see you next time."

"Have a good night, Harry," Severus said.

"You, too, though obviously you already are."

"Impertinent…"

"He wasn't expecting it, Severus."

"I know," he said, leaning in to kiss her cheek. "I should, however, in theory not have to shut my door! I should be able to make love to you on my dining room table if I want to."

She turned in his arms then and he could see amusement in her eyes.

"Do you want to make love to me on your dining room table?"

"Oh, Hermione, yes."

"Really?"

He snorted. "This surprises you?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. I guess I pictured you as kind of a bed only kind of wizard."

"And you were okay with that?"

"Oh, I didn't say I wasn't going to encourage you to try the bath, the floor, the couch…"

"The floor?"

"Mm hmm," she said, the back of her hand touching his jaw. "Me on top of you for that so that your old knees don't get abused."

"Old knees," he quipped, moving his face so he could take a finger into his mouth and nip it.

"Well, you know, I've heard."

"Bite your tongue, Witch."

She giggled. "So I do not have to worry about your knees? Or you do not want me on top of you?"

He closed his eyes for a second, a picture of her writhing above him as he was planted firmly inside of her clear in his mind.

"Oh, no, my knees are more than healthy and I will take you anyway you want me to have you."

"Really?" she asked and he wondered what he'd just agreed to.

Was there something she could ask of him he'd say no to?

"Really," he said simply.

"So if I said that I want you and Harry…"

"What?" he asked, certain he was not hearing her correctly.

"Oh, the look on your face is priceless, Severus."

"That wasn't funny."

"It was a little funny," she said.

"I think you sufficiently scared a few years off my life."

"I'm sorry. I was teasing."

"Now," he said. "If my witch truly wanted that experience I could probably be convinced, but it would not be someone we know or ever have a chance of seeing again."

"So, when we're traveling in Brazil…"

"We're going traveling in Brazil?"

She shrugged. "It sounded good."

"I say again…"

"I know, I'm an odd witch. I do not believe I would want that experience. It was truly a joke since you agreed so readily."

"Obviously I was thinking with parts other than my brain."

"Obviously. They are very nice parts, by the way."

"Yeah?"

"Mm hmm," she said, kissing his jaw. "And besides there are…" she trailed off then and blushed profusely. That made him curious.

"There are?"

"Well, you know, I've heard there are things that could simulate a second wizard."

"Ah. Where are you hearing these conversations?"

"Severus! Do you not listen to some of the conversations your students have? Never mind, I've been in university for a year. Helena has quite a few notches."

He snorted. "As long as she does not rub off on you."

"Hmm," she said, eyeing him. "So, no two witches fantasies for you."

"I've had enough to keep up with my fantasies about you."

"That is exceptionally good to know because that I know of there is no simulation for that."

He leaned in to kiss her. "I waited twenty years for you, Hermione. You are all the witch I want or need."

"And Harry is like my brother…"

"Yes, not in this timeline, though."

"Still, no," she said with a shake of her head. "But if we plan a trip to Brazil anytime soon…"

He rolled his eyes, rolling them so he was on his back and she was on top of him.

"I can think of something far more pressing than trips to Brazil that need your attention, Witch."

"Oh, really?" she said, shifting her hips against his in a very good way. The sheet fell away from her, pooling around her in a very appealing way. Of course he found everything about her appealing, especially at this particular moment, A wave of his hand and the door closed, which made her laugh softly.

"Really."

"Is this because of your knees?"

"No, it's because I want to watch you and your glorious hair ride me."

She smiled almost wickedly then, biting her lower lip as she - and her hair - proceeded to do exactly that.

Return to Top

Part 15 | Part 17

Harry Potter Fandom Fan Fiction Index Page | Fan Fiction Index Page | Home
Send Feedback

Story ©Susan Falk/APCKRFAN/PhantomRoses.com