TITLE: The First Time We Danced…
AUTHOR: Susan / apckrfan
E-MAIL
DISTRIBUTION: My site, AO3, FanFiction.net, LiveJournal.
DISCLAIMER: I don't own any characters. They are owned by. No profit is made from this fic.
RATING: FRM
SPOILERS: None, this is a future fic and completely AU as far as anything that happened post-Hogwarts
SUMMARY: Hermione is signed up to represent Hogwarts in a ballroom dance competition, only her partner doesn't appreciate her excessive instructions and walks out of rehearsal days before they are to perform.
CHARACTERS/PAIRING: Hermione Granger / Severus Snape
DATE STARTED: September 2021
STATUS: Complete
WORD COUNT: 3,300
FEEDBACK: Please, I can't write better without it.
NOTES: Based on a prompt in the H&C discord server 9/28/2021 of a legs/feet picture of a couple dancing. I loved the prompt, got the idea and then turned my focus elsewhere.


She stomped her foot with a huff. Well stomped as best as she could wearing the heels she currently had on. It wasn't easy nor very effective, but damn it she was fucking pissed so it was at least satisfying to try!

"Well, go on then, leave," she called after the fleeing no-good piece of shit wizard. "Run like the coward you are! You can tell the headmaster that we have to withdraw from a competition that he thought it would be a good idea to enter."

Too pushy! The bastard didn't know how to dance so of course she bloody had to lead! Did he think she wanted to? She had to admit it was one of the things she liked about dancing. The wizard led. For a few minutes she could not think about anything except following his steps.

It was … nice. For someone like herself who rarely turned her mind off it was a welcome reprieve to not have to think for that bit of time.

For whatever reason an all-school ballroom dancing competition had been agreed upon by the administrators in charge of such things. If that wasn't odd enough, for some bizarre reason she had been chosen to represent Hogwarts. Why he'd chosen her she couldn't fathom. Yes, her parents had enrolled her in dance class from the time she could walk and she supposed she danced competently at the Yule Ball in her fourth year and the couple they'd hosted during her time as an apprentice and now a first year professor. She certainly didn't consider herself dance contestant material, though.

Evidently neither did the other new professor.

She could only assume she was selected because she was new the same as her partner. She used that term very loosely.

That and the headmaster was clearly in need of a good laugh.

At her expense.

Again.

Years he'd been laughing at her she was sure of it. This though was the final straw! She was finally in the mood to give that infuriating wizard a piece of her mind!

Maybe …

She liked the job and doing that could very well result in her losing said job.

She screamed then, her hair standing on end as if echoing that frustration.

She threw a vase at the door, which didn't make her feel any better. Well, it did for like a minute and then she felt guilty about breaking Hogwarts' property even if she could magically put it back together again and no one would be the wiser.

He was setting her up to fail for some reason. Probably payback for solving his stupid riddle back in her first year. As if she'd known who'd concocted it! As if it was her fault that her mind could work things out.

"The nerve of him! He didn't have to hire me if he didn't want me here!"

"Fucking almost forty-five years old and playing these games. Ballroom dance competitions."

She thought he'd turned over a new leaf after the war and he'd been reinstated as headmaster once the charges against him had been cleared.

Cleared in part because of the testimony she and Harry had given. She wouldn't have come here if she thought otherwise. She'd assumed bygones would be left in the past and she'd start here as an apprentice and now professor on a new foot, with the air cleared.

She was obviously wrong.

"Damn him. I swear to all that is holy I'm going to give him a piece of my fucking mind the next time I see him and then I'm gone. I don't need this shit. I can go anywhere and teach. Be good for Hogwarts and magical Britain if you stay, my arse. More like please stay so that I can continue being the bane of your existence because you're so easy to torment."

"My, my, Miss Granger," came his silky voice from the other side of the room.

How long had he been standing there?

She spun around and saw the look of amusement in his eyes and realized he'd likely been standing there for all of it. How had she missed him? These days she usually at least felt a presence if someone was disillusioned.

Of course he wasn't the average run of the mill wizard so it stood to reason her Spidey senses didn't work with the likes of him.

"I stand by my statement, Sir," she spat. The title of respect dripping with the anger and sarcasm he was deserving of currently! "If you do not want me here, grow some bollocks and just sack me. I cannot go to that competition and dance by myself!"

"Mm," he said, eyes taking her in.

She saw something in them she'd silently hoped she'd see directed at her by this wizard when she'd taken the position. She'd developed quite the crush during her apprenticeship. A more keen mind she'd yet to encounter. Contrary to so many other women, muggle or magical, she found that incredibly attractive.

She and Milton were in the final stages of their rehearsing. The dress rehearsal as it were, or so she'd thought when she showed up to the room today. With this in mind, she was wearing the black dress more than appropriate for the dance they were doing. Milton had taken issue with it. He'd claimed it was indecent and refused to dance with a witch who was just shy of looking like someone who was employed on Knockturn Alley (his words).

Little twit!

As if! v "Professor Santeen is a fool," he said simply.

"You paired him with me! If you are not here to help me find a suitable replacement then please go. Unless you are here to sack me then get that over with so that I may go."

She huffed then, sliding her wand out from the wrist sleeve she stored it in and aimed it at the vase she'd broken moments ago. The nerve of him!

"Then again, you and I both know there is no suitable replacement that works at Hogwarts. Not that Santeen was an appropriate choice to begin with. I'm not even sure who you had in mind when you agreed to participate in this competition. You chose me, I can in fact dance. So fine. I am prone to being bossy and taking control. I realize this. I should not, however, have to do that for the five minutes it takes to tango. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this dress, Headmaster. Knowing you, you'll suggest Professor Binns just to cap off this night being a complete waste of my time and energy."

"He wouldn't be my choice in replacements, no."

"Well, then, there's no one else in this castle! I cannot dance with Filius as sweet as he may be. I may be progressive, but I'm not dancing the tango with Pomona or Rolanda." She picked up the now fixed vase and turned to look at him. He still hadn't said anything of substance and she had enough of that. He looked at the vase in her hand and looked if she wasn't mistaken a little wary.

"Get out," she seethed. "I've been embarrassed enough tonight."

He approached her then, waving his hand in the direction of the vase and levitating it to a nearby table. He then pointed his wand at the record player she'd been using, flicking his wrist so that the record would begin playing.

"Since you, shockingly, don't seem to be in the mood to let me get a word in edgewise, allow me to show you what I've been trying to say since Professor Santeen fled the room."

The music started and he offered her his hand followed by a polite bow. She was too shocked to say or do anything beyond giving a hysterical giggle that was very unlike her. She took the offered hand, dubiously. His telling smirk told her very plainly he was aware she was doubtful of the need for this. Did Headmaster Snape even know how to tango?

As he started leading her around a small space in the room in the tango steps very capably she guessed he did.

"Turn your mind off, Hermione, and let me lead you," he said.

She opened her mouth to argue with him, but he paused in his steps long enough to set a finger over her lips.

"Ah ah," he said simply and she sighed. He'd called her Hermione. She'd been wanting him to all year but he'd clung to that magical Victorian politeness. Occasionally he'd refer to her as Granger.

She glared at him but she closed her mouth, not missing out on the opportunity to kiss his finger. She couldn't help it. This man was so frustratingly arousing to her and she'd never imagined he'd be this close to her let alone touching her. She didn't miss the way his eyes darkened at the gesture.

"Focus, Hermione," he whispered.

"I am," was her whispered response.

He was a capable dance partner, a strong leader without making them seem too stiff together.

"You're missing something," he said once the song finished.

Finished, she realized, with barely a misstep between either of them. She never once had to stop the music and start over or anything but … well dance.

"I don't know what you mean."

He made the music start again and snapped his fingers then, conjuring a rose just like that. He lowered it to the skin above her breasts that was visible, tracing the tips of the petals against her skin. She groaned softly as he dipped it along the valley in between her breasts, pushing the edge of the dress she wore just a bit more out of the way than it was so the rose was now touching the swell of her breast and she gasped.

He lifted the rose away, moving it to her face then and her eyes fluttered closed as he traced it as light as a feather over her nose, cheeks, along her jaw, and lastly her mouth. Her lips parted and she gasped again when he drew the rose away.

He leaned in then, settling his mouth against her own and she slid her hands through his hair to draw him in deeper. And deeper he went. Not disgustingly so, but it was obvious he wished to prolong the kiss as much as she did.

"As I said," he murmured once he drew away. "Professor Santeen is a fool."

Out of breath and more than just a bit aroused she still regarded him suspiciously. Was he saying what she thought he was saying? And why did that make her toes curl at the potential of the fun they could have together away from Hogwarts for a week.

"You are going to go with me to the competition?"

"That was the plan."

"Why didn't you just…"

"And have anyone think that I wanted to be alone with you for a week, Professor Granger?"

"And when we get back?"

"I think I'd very much like to tango with you for a long time to come. If you'll have me, that is."

"Insufferable. I should say no! You set me up!"

"It worked."

"Bastard," she muttered.

"The things you say with that mouth after it's been against mine."

"Well, find a way to shut me up then," she quipped.

And he did. Thoroughly. She moaned against his mouth when she felt her back come against … the wall or the door. It didn't matter. There was no escaping now.

Of course that would imply she wanted to escape as his hands were at her thighs slowly and rather methodically drawing the skirt of her dress up.

And up.

And up.

His hands were everything she expected them to be as she … finally felt them against her thighs. Rough and scarred but he was so … gentle about using them that it offset any discomfort they might have caused otherwise.

Her dress up around her waist she let her head fall against the wall.

Yes, it was a wall not a door.

A very unladylike sound escaped her mouth as his went from her mouth to her jaw, lower to her throat and the tops of her breasts he'd just moments ago touched with the rose petals. Would the scent of them still be on her skin, she wondered? Would he like it?

"Yes," she whispered when she felt a hand at the side of her knickers working at sliding them down.

"Yes?" he murmured against her breast, grazing it with his tongue.

"I swear to all that is holy, Severus, if you don't remove my knickers and then yours and take me I will combust."

"Mm," he said with a low chuckle. "You are incredibly hot so I believe it would be prudent to take that as a viable threat."

Just like that she felt her knickers were gone and there was a rather impressive erection pressing against her also knicker-free.

"Excellent," she murmured, sliding a hand between them to touch him. That unladylike sound came out again as she pumped her fist along the length of his cock. This time, though, he was right there with her making that sound.

She grazed his tip with her thumb, coating the pad of it with the wetness there and rubbed it along his length which caused him to hiss as she closed her fist around him again.

He was doing his part, too, fingers sliding through the damp curls between her legs and along her clit before grazing her labia. Ever so slightly dipping a finger inside of her. He groaned, evidently liking how wet she was for him.

He moved his hands a bit, cupping her ass and drawing her against him. He slid them a bit, moving to her hips and tugging.

"May I?" he asked.

"Yes, yes," she said.

He lifted her up then and she slid her legs around his waist. She waved the rest of their clothes away while he sank inside of her in one swift thrust.

"So tight and wet," he murmured as he held still for a moment once he was firmly planted inside of her. Exactly where she wanted him to be.

"Wet for you," she murmured, finding his jaw and then his ear. "You have no idea how many nights I've gone to sleep frigging myself to thoughts of you buried inside of me just as you are. I dream about it sometimes, too, waking up with my knickers drenched from the idea of it."

"Mm," he said as he drew out of her slightly. "No more than my bedroom walls have heard your name being uttered from my lips as I climax into my fist and hand I assure you."

"Do you think about fucking me, Severus?" she murmured as his thrusts got a little more enthusiastic.

"Only every night," he whispered.

"Me, too."

"And at staff meetings when you bite that lower lip of yours."

"Mm," she said, doing exactly that.

"I've had to remain seated more than once after a meeting's adjournment because I was so hard thinking about taking you on the very conference table we were assembled at."

"Mm, in front of everybody?"

"Yes," he said with a hiss. "So everyone would know that you are my witch and hear you passionately cry out my name as you fall over."

"You do have a dirty mind, Headmaster."

"When it comes to you it seems I do."

"Only me?"

"Yes," he said, driving home that utterance with a hard thrust inside of her. So hard she cried out.

"You like that?" he asked, doing it again. She couldn't respond this time, giving instead a guttural sounding groan.

He brushed his cheek against a breast before moving his head to claim her mouth with his.

"Shatter around me, Hermione, Love. Let me feel you come undone."

"So close," she whispered.

"And then when we’re done here we can go to my quarters where there's a bed and a bathroom we can experiment in before having a week in Italy together.

"Mm," she said. "A bath?"

"Yes. Big enough for you to sit on the ledge as I take you."

She could picture that and was pretty sure she got even wetter than she already was at the thought. Who knew beneath that stoic, tough exterior Severus Snape had a … dirty mind. And a dirty mind full of ideas that turned her on. (Not that she'd heard them all she realized.)

"My witch likes that idea."

"She does."

"Excellent." He slid a hand down between them, slow and leisurely, touching her as he went before finding her clit and working at bringing her off.

"I think so."

He snorted, kissing the side of her mouth. "Of course you would. Come undone for me, Hermione."

"You, too."

"I am so close, my love. You are so inviting."

Was he talking to her to give himself something to think about? There was an arousing, and heady, thought.

"So, the staff room conference table and your bath. Any alcoves you had in mind?"

"All of them!"

"Ambitious," she said.

He moved his mouth to her ear. "You bring it out in me. I want to mark every inch of Hogwarts as ours."

She slid a hand to his hip and then to his arse, gripping it as she felt his thrusts get faster.

"Do you plan on my getting any teaching done then?" she quipped as he bit her earlobe.

"Of course. Private tutoring. Up close and personal. One on one."

"I do like the sound of that."

"Clothes would be optional."

"Mm, you do know how to make an already enticing offer more appealing."

"Do I?"

"Yes," she hissed as he moved inside of her just so that she came around him. He spilled himself inside of her a minute or two after.

Neither said anything. One of her hands was at his shoulder the other was still gripping his arse. He for his part, his head was at her shoulder and she felt his breath fast and heavy against her skin.

She did that. That in itself was incredibly arousing and she squeezed her bits around him, which made him cry out almost louder than he had when he'd finished.

"Do I get to use the rose on you this time?" she asked once she felt calm enough to speak again.

"That could be arranged."

"Was this really your plan all along?" she asked.

"Taking you against the wall? No. Going to the contest with you and trying my damnedest to woo you for a week with no interference from others. Yes."

"Well, your timetable was moved ahead a bit. That bodes well for the week for both of us, wouldn't you say?"

"Yes," he murmured, kissing her shoulder.

"Um, Severus," she said, glancing around them once her feet were firmly planted on the floor again.

"Yes?"

"Any idea where I sent our clothes off to?"

He snapped his fingers and just like that they were returned to them.

"Perks of being the headmaster," he quipped.

"Should we practice again, do you think?" she asked as she slid back into her dress. He worked the zipper for her.

"The tango?" he asked. He slid his hand along her back and lower to cup her arse.

“No," she whispered. She swore she wouldn't even care if they didn't tango at the competition at all after tonight.

"Then yes. Practice does make perfect after all."

~The End~

Return to Top

Home
E-MAIL

Story ©Susan Matthews/APCKRFAN/PhantomRoses.com