***Part Four***

Buffy stopped walking to get a better view of the incredibly hot looking guy walking by. He was older, not as old as Giles but definitely was a teacher type rather than a student. "Wow," she said simply. "I had no idea what UC Sunnydale truly lacked until now. None of my professors looked like that."

Willow chuckled and then stifled it when Kennedy did not look too pleased by the fact Willow's gaze rested on the man in question for a moment as well. Xander and Giles were passively standing by waiting for Buffy to stop ogling. She knew she was being obvious, but holy cow.

Dawn on the other hand did not seem to be in a hurry to go anywhere yet. Buffy remembered her first experience with a college boy. She had been about Dawn's age and had been practically forced into it by Cordelia. Angel's casual attitude toward her had contributed to her going to the frat party, too. She remembered how normal and nice Tom had seemed. That could be true of any one of the guys Dawn was watching right now.

"So where do we go from here?" Kennedy asked.

"Well, I'm not sure," Willow admitted. "I need some place to do the spell again now that we're here."

"Do you really think there are going to be more than one here?"

"I don't now, Buffy, but with over 37,000 students on campus from various parts of the world, it's possible. All I know is when I did my spell there was more than one spot on the map."

"I still think my idea of taking out ads is better. We can't possibly cover the entire world just the nine of us."

"Buffy, I concur that this is not the best way to go about it. What Willow and I are hoping to accomplish by utilizing her spell is to find the ones we can get to quickly. Hopefully then, we'll have more than just the nine of us to help find the others as we depart the southern California area."

"Okay, it makes sense, but it still seems to be taking a long time," she said.

"Buffy, what we did is huge and it could take years to find all of them."

"I know," she said simply. Willow was a powerful witch, not to mention the person who was responsible for making all of these women and girls slayers. Buffy thought that Willow of all people should be able to just find them.

"Is it okay if Andrew and I go check out the campus?"

"Dawnie," said in protest.

"What? You don't like me around the magic anyway."

"We'll never find you."

Dawn grabbed a hold of Andrew's wrist and showed Buffy his watch. "Tell us what time to meet you back here and we'll be here. Come on, Buffy, this is way cooler than UC Sunnydale."

Buffy could not quite argue that point. "All right, be back in," Buffy glanced at Willow for guidance.

"Two hours."

"Thank you," Dawn said and threw her arms around Buffy.

"Just don't get into any trouble or I'll never let you out of my sight again." She turned her attentions to Andrew. "That goes for you, too."

"I'm not going to do anything," Andrew said as Dawn grabbed him by the forearm and led him away.

"Those two seem to have become particularly chummy of late," Giles observed. Buffy had noticed it, but had not really thought about it until now.

"You don't think?" Buffy asked unable to ask the entire question.

"No," Xander offered. "They're just the odd men out and I think they became friends because of it."

Buffy watched her sister and Andrew as they blended in with a crowd of college students and breathed a sigh of relief. Dawn had a chance at a normal life now, something Buffy especially wanted for her. She certainly did not want to see Dawn fall for someone like Andrew.

"What do you need, Will?"

"Just some place that offers some privacy for me to do the spell, even an empty classroom would do it,"

Buffy took out her cell phone that surprisingly still worked despite the fact Sunnydale was now off the map and ran a hand over it, debating about whether to make the call she was thinking of making.

"You guys go on ahead."

"Buffy," Giles said sounding irritated. "You will need to be there when we tell these girls what we've done."

"I realize that, Giles," she said. She flipped open the phone, having made up her mind. "But I think they'll need more proof than just me and Faith."

"What did you have in mind?"

"Angel."

"Oh man, Buff, I don't think we want to involve Dead Boy."

"'Dead Boy' gave us the key to saving the world, Xander. Without that amulet Spike wore we would not be standing here right now trying to figure out how many slayers there now are in the world because there would be only one. The one that got called because Faith died." Buffy figured the slayer line had rested with Faith when no slayer had been called upon her second death.

"Which almost happened," Faith piped in. "B's right, these girls aren't going to take our word for it. We've got to show them that the monsters are real. We can't take them out into the field and show them vampires or demons because we might get them killed."

"Not to mention there seems to be a lull in demonic activity, at least in our area."

"I'm guessing that amulet dusted more than just those ubervamps we were contending with."

"Angel would do it," Faith said with conviction. "Even if it wasn't B asking he'd do it. He's all about helping people now, and he wouldn't want these girls going out there blind, deaf and dumb."

"Let's find Willow the space and the quiet she needs," Robin suggested with a curious glance in Buffy's direction. He was probably wondering just how many vampires she was friends with. Oh well. That was a conversation for another time and place if he even bothered to ask her.

Return to Top

Part 3 | Part 5
Buffy/Angel Index Page | Buffy the Vampire Slayer Fan Fiction Index Page | Fan Fiction Index Page | Home
Send Feedback

Story ©Susan Falk/APCKRFAN/PhantomRoses.com